MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

Sinbad

Honorary Master
That’s too fair weather biker an item to own for me.

/s
I have 3 :ROFL:
I had 3 cars and a bike, two of the cars hardly ever got used and the 3rd one a bit more so, so I set up a charger for each of them

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I have 3 :ROFL:
I had 3 cars and a bike, two of the cars hardly ever got used and the 3rd one a bit more so, so I set up a charger for each of them
Yeah it’s one of those things I can never see myself parting money with as it costs more than a new battery in most cases.

I have however got a bit more life out of an old battery with the other brand of charger I can’t remember now that someone left at my place for a few months.

SmuGS

I also sit with 3 bikes and have them on National Luna chargers. They definitely prolong the life of the battery. I got seven years out of a battery on my Gs and my KLE about 5 years ow and still going strong.

simm_card

Expert Member
I started my motorcycle and rolled around in the backyard, last week. This morning I started it up again and it almost sounded like it wouldn't swing, but started and cranked a second later.

In the manual, long term storage is 2 months and longer. They also include in the steps, removing the spark and pouring a teaspoonful of engine oil, lube, fuel stabilizer... Nah, miss me with that since lockdown.

I will need to get some form of battery charger, for the car as well, we had to kick start it this morning. Since we only doing quick food runs.

SmuGS

I have a Spirit DSV-2 helmet and am not really impressed with it. Rather spend a bit more money and get good kit..

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
https://www.spiritmotorcycles.co.za/

Looks decently priced gear.. u guys would know better than me

the helmets i looked at were ECE rated.. so...
Buy the other gear but not the helmets.

Unless you believe your brain isn’t worth better of course...

If you want cheaper but safe look at Bell.

Not only is Spirit unsafe but also unreliable as they start falling apart very quickly. Especially the modular ones.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I have a spirit helmet and spirit gloves. They gloves are great for my usage so would say go for it if budget is an issue.

The helmet has held up fine, no issues. Minor scratch from a minor spill but nothing serious. I would get something better if the money is there though, you only have one head.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I have a spirit helmet and spirit gloves. They gloves are great for my usage so would say go for it if budget is an issue.

The helmet has held up fine, no issues. Minor scratch from a minor spill but nothing serious. I would get something better if the money is there though, you only have one head.
Spirit is the worst kit I've ever owned.

The gloves worn through on the palm after less than a year - no accidents.
The jacket pockets are coming loose after less than a year - no accidents. The back protector that comes with the kit and their so called S.P.S or spine protection system, I wouldn't trust to protect a banana from shipping.
I had to have the pants fixed at a tailor as they were tearing at the crotch, no accidents.

Also, they're crap are ECE - but try to get the certificates to see if it was tested or only certified, or what it was certified for - no, they don't share that with customers, only their resellers.

It's **** quality and the pricing isn't even that much better. I bought their gloves for R850, could've bought astars for like 200 more, could've bought BMW GS gloves if I factor in the money I needed to spend after they tore.

Fusk em. I will post a rant like this everytime someone asks about this BS conartist brand.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
If you can, wait for the DMD clearance sale - it should be coming up soon.

I bought a Rev-it jacket, a macna jacket, 2 sets of gloves and a summer pant for R1000. Granted, the Rev-It and Macna was ooooooollllllllldddddd stock, it still functions and you can see it's better quality.

SmuGS

+1 for DMD kit. I bought a Kalahari jacket about 6 years ago and it's still good although very faded but zips still work fine and has not come apart. Just bought their Octane jacket now and quality seems just as good.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I have spirit boots. They're not bad. The one zip's little handle thing broke off, but there's velcro as well. They've lasted me since I got the bike.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
If you can, wait for the DMD clearance sale - it should be coming up soon.

I bought a Rev-it jacket, a macna jacket, 2 sets of gloves and a summer pant for R1000. Granted, the Rev-It and Macna was ooooooollllllllldddddd stock, it still functions and you can see it's better quality.
Where and when does this happen?

I'm still in no rush. Also corona has actually meant that I'm considering NOT getting a motorcycle because work from home will be the new normal at my new job for some time to come.

That said, I'm still keeping my options open cos I still want a bike anyways.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I have spirit boots. They're not bad. The one zip's little handle thing broke off, but there's velcro as well. They've lasted me since I got the bike.
Will they last 13 years like my Sidi boots?