MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Where and when does this happen?

I'm still in no rush. Also corona has actually meant that I'm considering NOT getting a motorcycle because work from home will be the new normal at my new job for some time to come.

That said, I'm still keeping my options open cos I still want a bike anyways.

I'm not 100% sure, I just remember it was cold. So it was during the winter. :) Check their facebook page and their website.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
If you can, wait for the DMD clearance sale - it should be coming up soon.

I bought a Rev-it jacket, a macna jacket, 2 sets of gloves and a summer pant for R1000. Granted, the Rev-It and Macna was ooooooollllllllldddddd stock, it still functions and you can see it's better quality.
Is this only in JHB?

ShaunyCT

What does the law say about riding with a pillion during lockdown? I saw on 2 different occasions bikers riding with a pillion?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What does the law say about riding with a pillion during lockdown? I saw on 2 different occasions bikers riding with a pillion?

I don’t think it says anything at all.

By virtue of the helmet I think both parties would be covered anyway.

Likely to be in very close proximity to your pillion the rest of the time anyway.

Saw more bikes on the road the once I went out with mine than in a very long time before it.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Where do you guys get water for your radiator? I've been topping up with the Bonaqua Pump 500ml waters at garages

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Where do you guys get water for your radiator? I've been topping up with the Bonaqua Pump 500ml waters at garages

My question would be why do you need topping up? I would consider something to be wrong if this is happening often.

With the car I boil a kettle and let it cool and then use that water and it’s never been a problem...but that goes into the window washers.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Anyone know if this site is legit?

They are the distributor for Shark etc, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be.

Considering the limited sizes it does seem like a typical clearance sale.

Besides your credit card is insured; just do it.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
My question would be why do you need topping up? I would consider something to be wrong if this is happening often.

With the car I boil a kettle and let it cool and then use that water and it’s never been a problem...but that goes into the window washers.
Not an issue since I bypased the thermal switch for my radiator fan, but I flushed my radiotor out yesterday so I need to start from 0.

Problem is boiling the water won't get rid of the minerals that cause scale.

I recall my perents topping up with distilled water at garages, when I ask for it I get a blank look

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Not an issue since I bypased the thermal switch for my radiator fan, but I flushed my radiotor out yesterday so I need to start from 0.

Problem is boiling the water won't get rid of the minerals that cause scale.

I recall my perents topping up with distilled water at garages, when I ask for it I get a blank look

Yeah garages allegedly have distilled water...I don’t believe it for a second.

I suspect it’s also one of those paper value things with little in the way of real world difference.

In theory if you leave water out long enough most things bugger off from it.

That being said your bottles water probably has far more
Minerals in than boiled tap water.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Proper coolant contains anti-scale additives. I would not worry about using tap water unless you're in an extremely hard-water area.

TDS in my water in Randburg was under 100 mg/l when I was keeping a marine aquarium

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Ah finished putting my baby back together yesterday and gave her a wash, took a round trip to the shops today and I almost jizzed in my pants :laugh:
Before I had not been able to go above 5k revs for about two months since my fuel pump gave out.

crysis

Expert Member
They are the distributor for Shark etc, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be.

Considering the limited sizes it does seem like a typical clearance sale.

Besides your credit card is insured; just do it.

Do all banks have purchase protection? Capitec?