MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I've been trying to find out if it covers something like non-delivery of a product, but not sure if thats the case?

Non-delivery would technically be covered as a fraudulent transaction and not as purchase protection in itself.

Most cards also give you automatic extended warranties so long as the item is paid in full with the card.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Hey guys, trying to work out the amount of paint I need to buy to replaint my baby (doing liquid armour) has anybody got any tips please? My calculations are coming to almost 20 square meters

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I have no idea how one would work it out but definitely 20 can’t he right.

At most it should be 5 sqm and that’s being liberal.

1sqm per side fairing.
1 sqm for the tank.
1 sqm for the front.
1 sqm for the rear.

martin

Expert Member
Hey guys, trying to work out the amount of paint I need to buy to replaint my baby (doing liquid armour) has anybody got any tips please? My calculations are coming to almost 20 square meters
It's not going to be accurate but this is how I would approach it. I'd calculate a cube using the length, width and height of my bike. The idea being the this cube would fit around my motorcycle. Disregard the front, back and bottom surface areas of this imaginary cube - the remaining sides of the cube is your approximate paintable surface area. As mentioned, it's not super accurate but should put you in the right ballpark I reckon. Remember to also keep in mind how many coats of paint you would need to apply. Hope that makes sense?

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Thank you guys, yeah not looking for a perfect measurement, just an idea of how much paint to order, nothing worse than getting near to the end of a job and your supplies running out.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
That is such a typical brotherly conversation.

What happened to him?
Moved to Cape Town :(

But I get how that sounded different. My bad. Just haven't seen him in a while.

He's way more into bikes than me. Sold his KLR, looking at getting a GS, him and his friends took a bunch of 125s from CPT up past Springbok and back (rode that XR125 until it eventually broke).

vs me, who misses my Grom and saw a Van Van for sale which looks nice. I'm hopeless. Need to start knocking off car side mirrors to gain some street cred or something :cautious:

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
I need to blow off some steam, looking at doing a little ride inland today (from Milnerton) any suggestions?
Would be nice to stop and have a milkshake or something at the turning point (Since a beer is out of the question)

Being a public holiday do you think the oinkers will be out with their little radar guns?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I need to blow off some steam, looking at doing a little ride inland today (from Milnerton) any suggestions?
Would be nice to stop and have a milkshake or something at the turning point (Since a beer is out of the question)

Being a public holiday do you think the oinkers will be out with their little radar guns?
Don’t know where you’ll get milkshake either being lockdown and all.