MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The report is only as good as the person inspecting it does and completes it, which is up to their quality control standards and training, which from my experience with 3 vehicles having SERIOUS issues that should have been seen is not great

Having looked at the Dekra reports on WeBuyCars for many people over time they’ve been more than comprehensive enough to figure if it’s a one to work away from or go have a look at.

I mean I’ve seen one of them even list the sunroof switch not working which is a detail I would never have expected.

Ultimately it makes for very easy online shopping and provides more details than everyone else quite frankly, and you can easily whittle down a shortlist for a personal look.

Also if they are so terrible why didn’t you see these serious issues yourself across three different cars?

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Having looked at the Dekra reports on WeBuyCars for many people over time they’ve been more than comprehensive enough to figure if it’s a one to work away from or go have a look at.

I mean I’ve seen one of them even list the sunroof switch not working which is a detail I would never have expected.

Ultimately it makes for very easy online shopping and provides more details than everyone else quite frankly, and you can easily whittle down a shortlist for a personal look.

Also if they are so terrible why didn’t you see these serious issues yourself across three different cars?

because i only got to see the cars after the family/friend had purchased them. only one instance was a vehicle i "purchased" but in fact it was just me purchasing it for a family member and i never saw the car before collection.

even if i had i think it is unreasonable to expect someone to view the car in the detail you expect from dekra, they have car lifts, alignment machines etc to be able to see under the vehicles etc

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
because i only got to see the cars after the family/friend had purchased them. only one instance was a vehicle i "purchased" but in fact it was just me purchasing it for a family member and i never saw the car before collection.

even if i had i think it is unreasonable to expect someone to view the car in the detail you expect from dekra, they have car lifts, alignment machines etc to be able to see under the vehicles etc

Was this specific to WeBuyCars or just Dekra in general?

They do have various levels of reports and I think many just opt for the roadworthy level one which I agree isn’t very useful or comprehensive.

Ultimately get what you pay for.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Was this specific to WeBuyCars or just Dekra in general?

They do have various levels of reports and I think many just opt for the roadworthy level one which I agree isn’t very useful or comprehensive.

Ultimately get what you pay for.

Dekra, which is why I never mentioned webuycars. In all three cases it was a full report, cost somewhere in the region of R2k or just below at the time if I recall correctly.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Dekra, which is why I never mentioned webuycars. In all three cases it was a full report, cost somewhere in the region of R2k or just below at the time if I recall correctly.

Sounds like this may have been some time ago?

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Sounds like this may have been some time ago?

It was, the furthest back was probably like 8 years now, and the most recent probably 3 years. The first case was obviously my 'personal' experience, followed by a family members and then a friend's

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Howzit guys.

Any recommendations on a good place to get a good deal on tyres in Durban?

Annoyingly most dealers do not have price lists on their websites and do not respond to emails.

Have made a few calls, but just checking if anybody has any recommendations.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Thank you for all the feedback @Steamy Tom and @SauRoNZA

Howzit guys.

Any recommendations on a good place to get a good deal on tyres in Durban?

Annoyingly most dealers do not have price lists on their websites and do not respond to emails.

Have made a few calls, but just checking if anybody has any recommendations.

When I lived there there was a place called Jeff's Bikes (I think) on Helen Joseph road, below Davenport Center that used to have deals.

Jimmbo

Any of you fellas in motorcycle clubs? I'm interested in something for group tours.

Jefferson D'Arcy

Very cool.

They’ve done well with the more modern touches on recent models like LED lights while still keeping it retro.
Agreed, but in fairness, I fitted this LED myself from a little Amazon shopping trip. They did have it standard on subsequent year models though.

There aren't nearly enough pictures on this thread so here are some of my older ones:

FB-IMG-1431727763065.jpg

IMG-9649.JPG

IMG-20140822-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20160813-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20170408-174647.jpg IMG-81007667494835.jpeg

alpha pro max

I am doing a trip to through Pretoria, any lekker local pubs that you can recommend for a quick drink? Don't say news cafe please :)