MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I am doing a trip to through Pretoria, any lekker local pubs that you can recommend for a quick drink? Don't say news cafe please :)
Picasso's in Pierneef street. But it's more like a shady dive bar than a diner. Really cool place, excellent pizzas (cherry bomb with extra bacon & feta)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I bought something Italian and made of carbon fibre.

4cd07fd270f7d42be7779e7bcb292640.jpg

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Has anybody got experience with Scott Motors in Paarden Island, Cape Town?

crysis

Expert Member
Where is the best place to buy motorcycle apparel in cape town? Somewhere the prices aren't overly marked up (and a wide selection) would be great. I know there are plenty of options, but I'm sure you guys have your favorites?

Jelly-tot

Hi guys.

I am 40 year old guy and just got my A license yesterday (25 May 2021). I had never ridden before the 15 lessons I took at the biking school and my test yesterday which I passed. Now I'm looking for a new bike, something not too heavy or very fast. I have done my research on what to buy and it has come down to two choices. A Kawasaki Ninja 400 or Yamaha R3 as a first bike but leaning a lot towards the N400. I will be using the bike maybe once a week to commute to work but it generally will be a weekend bike for at least two years when I would have probably learned a bit more about riding. Only then would I like to venture into the 600cc and above. I am not for the naked and adventure bikes yet and like the styling of the sports hence my choice.

Now, am I making a good decision or should I look elsewhere. TIA.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Where is the best place to buy motorcycle apparel in cape town? Somewhere the prices aren't overly marked up (and a wide selection) would be great. I know there are plenty of options, but I'm sure you guys have your favorites?
Motorcycle World in Parow is well regarded, and then Wicked Bikes Paardan Island runs nice specials.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Hi guys.

I am 40 year old guy and just got my A license yesterday (25 May 2021). I had never ridden before the 15 lessons I took at the biking school and my test yesterday which I passed. Now I'm looking for a new bike, something not too heavy or very fast. I have done my research on what to buy and it has come down to two choices. A Kawasaki Ninja 400 or Yamaha R3 as a first bike but leaning a lot towards the N400. I will be using the bike maybe once a week to commute to work but it generally will be a weekend bike for at least two years when I would have probably learned a bit more about riding. Only then would I like to venture into the 600cc and above. I am not for the naked and adventure bikes yet and like the styling of the sports hence my choice.

I went the 390 Duke route. Less aggressive riding position although I commuted often and used it for the wife to get a license. Also had the beta kw/kg at the time with ABS etc

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Trac Mac has the biggest selection and usually quite willing to discount as well, but maybe I just get special treatment from Patty at the Bellville branch.

chemfis

Hi guys.

I bought myself the z400 and put a custom screen on it to make the highway a bit more comfortable, very happy with it, its a great engine and very economical despite the high revving power. Seems to handle well too.

Merlin

Expert Member
Hi guys.

My BMW F800S is for sale, if you're keen?

Easy to ride, belt drive and certainly manageable and predictable for a newbie, IMO.

Jelly-tot

Thank you all for your responses. Is it advisable to finance a bike for R100k or would it be wise to swipe R60k from my CC and use the 40k I have on the bike buying it cash instead and deal with the R60k CC debt after?

Jelly-tot

I bought myself the z400 and put a custom screen on it to make the highway a bit more comfortable, very happy with it, its a great engine and very economical despite the high revving power. Seems to handle well too.
Heard impressive things about that little 400cc motor, hence I am leaning more towards the N400.

Jelly-tot

I went the 390 Duke route. Less aggressive riding position although I commuted often and used it for the wife to get a license. Also had the beta kw/kg at the time with ABS etc
Will do a quick research on KTM 390...thank you.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Thank you all for your responses. Is it advisable to finance a bike for R100k or would it be wise to swipe R60k from my CC and use the 40k I have on the bike buying it cash instead and deal with the R60k CC debt after?
Depends very much on things like interest rates, and benefits you may get for financing (eg, double ebucks on fuel)