MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

Tickled_Tortise

Some eye candy for the thread, I love my bikes. Don't get to ride much since I'm no longer commuting. Was supposed to sell the CBX when I got the GSR but just can't let go.
f015a2f1870eec45bfd6445afb811254.jpg
3baa565de75dda8362e378ae533a1afc.jpg

Tickled_Tortise

Whatsup guys! Joining this thread after a long 3 year bike less stint. I saved up and waited very patiently to get this 2008 WR450 and have slowly gotten it road legal and did the SM conversion. Will share some pics and videos here
Awesome project. Love the WR.

Archer

Honorary Master
I finally got a bike again!! But first looking forward a little bit, what are some good winter gloves? Something that if I have to can go down to 0°C and is waterproof. And not heated, unless there is a good argument for it (don't want extra wires and also don't want to have to charge yet another thing). I might also try the inners thing since I have what I'd call SA winter gloves :p

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I finally got a bike again!! But first looking forward a little bit, what are some good winter gloves? Something that if I have to can go down to 0°C and is waterproof. And not heated, unless there is a good argument for it (don't want extra wires and also don't want to have to charge yet another thing). I might also try the inners thing since I have what I'd call SA winter gloves :p
Whoa whoa whoa!

One does not simply breeze past that opening sentence!

What bike? Pics?

We couldn't possibly recommend gloves without knowing what bike they'll be piloting. Literally an imposibility.

Archer

Honorary Master
Whoa whoa whoa!

One does not simply breeze past that opening sentence!

What bike? Pics?

We couldn't possibly recommend gloves without knowing what bike they'll be piloting. Literally an imposibility.
Indeed one can not simply recommend gloves without first knowing the beast which it needs to tame. 2016 R1200GSA :D:D It's brexit bike though (first registration in the UK), so it travels in mph :p Other than that looks to be in good shape and BMW is willing to guarantee it for two years, so as far as I'm concerned it will be worry free

20210804_110627.jpg

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
That’s quite the steed! Nice one man, looks like a beauty.

@SauRoNZA should be able to help with the gloves. I’ve never bought winters so can’t really comment usefully.

Jefferson D'Arcy

Indeed one can not simply recommend gloves without first knowing the beast which it needs to tame. 2016 R1200GSA :D:D It's brexit bike though (first registration in the UK), so it travels in mph :p Other than that looks to be in good shape and BMW is willing to guarantee it for two years, so as far as I'm concerned it will be worry free

View attachment 1120382
That looks like the guardrail in front of Bahnstormers?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

View attachment 1120382

Why not BMW gloves?

They are the only company to actually offer long warranties on their clothing items and such.

I’ve got RST gloves for winter, but just swopped my summers for BMW.

Archer

Honorary Master
Why not BMW gloves?

They are the only company to actually offer long warranties on their clothing items and such.

I’ve got RST gloves for winter, but just swopped my summers for BMW.
Existing winter gloves are from BMW, but I guess it's not their proper EU winter version. Will go and check out the local dealer

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Existing winter gloves are from BMW, but I guess it's not their proper EU winter version. Will go and check out the local dealer

Ha ha ha, I didn’t even realise it was you asking I was just replied.

They have these dual gloves which are too hot for winter summer in SA but may work for Winter/Autumn over there.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member

View attachment 1120382
Snap, exactly the same as my one, also 2016. Congrats. Living in KZN I hardly ever wear anything more than the GS gloves, if it goes below 15C I'll use the grip heaters on level 1.

Archer

Honorary Master
Bah, the darn indicator button on this bike really is dog poop. Why they didn't stick with the old setup (one button on each side of the handlebars) is beyond me.

At least I figured out how to activate Enduro Pro, so that's nice. Kinda funny how it's just two wires that need to be connected up.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Bah, the darn indicator button on this bike really is dog poop. Why they didn't stick with the old setup (one button on each side of the handlebars) is beyond me.

At least I figured out how to activate Enduro Pro, so that's nice. Kinda funny how it's just two wires that need to be connected up.
nah, its all good, plus it turns itself off

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Because it’s a universal standards used by everyone except BMW?

Operating throttle and indicator is just kak.

Archer

Honorary Master
Because it’s a universal standards used by everyone except BMW?

Operating throttle and indicator is just kak.
Oh I found it really easy, much easier than clutch + indicator. Ag ya, will get used to it