MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I'm really not interested in going as fast as possible, knee down, through any corner ... slow down and just enjoy.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member

Indian Motoring Press - TVS Jupiter 125 - First Ride Reviews

Autocar India

carandbike

MotorBeam

ZigWheels

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce

Indian Motoring Press - TVS Jupiter 125 - First Ride Reviews

Autocar India

carandbike

MotorBeam

ZigWheels

Ok, but why. Why post 4 review links to a bike, that, let's be honest here - none of us are gonna buy or think about buying?

Blu82

Expert Member
So took the F800GS in for its yearly service and it is only costing me R950.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

not bad, they still make money, its a good price but to be honest its how it should be. oil filter and 4L of oil will cost them under R500, still making 100% mark up on servicing.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Hmm I’ve been wondering about this since for the first time ever I’ve got an annual service with 6000km odd to spare.

I checked the brake pads and oil and figured I could cruise on at least until December since I have no warranty left but now you are making me wonder about just taking it in.

Next one is the big 60,000km.

Blu82

Expert Member
Hmm I’ve been wondering about this since for the first time ever I’ve got an annual service with 6000km odd to spare.

I checked the brake pads and oil and figured I could cruise on at least until December since I have no warranty left but now you are making me wonder about just taking it in.

Next one is the big 60,000km.
One of the reasons the price is so low there is discount offered from BMW on the servicing of older model bikes for the month of October. It might be worth enquiring if yours fall in that category.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Popped them a mail.

Let’s see. If I can get away under a grand just for the peace of mind I’ll happily do it.

Archer

Honorary Master
Riding in 1°C is not half as bad as I thought it would be. Grip is still decent, body doesn't get cold (but I'm on a well protected R1200GSA). But my hands, bah. I've got poor circulation so even with decent gloves (goretex + trifleece liner) and heated grips on max my fingers go numb after about 15 minutes. Going to have to fork out a mountain of cash for heated gloves or get handlebar muffs unless I get lucky with some handguard extensions that hopefully give more wind protection.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
Looks like an amazing trip. Definitely something I'd love to do one day on some sort of adventure bike.

Would love to do something like that, just on something a little bigger. Probably at least a 390 Adventure. Preferably a 800GS or similar, until the sand bit. Then I'll trade it for a bicycle.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Would love to do something like that, just on something a little bigger. Probably at least a 390 Adventure. Preferably a 800GS or similar, until the sand bit. Then I'll trade it for a bicycle.
Watching it, I'd love to do that trip on something like a Swatpilen with choice mods. Partly because I just love the bike and partly because it's roadie enough to be comfy but with the Rally Scorpions, should handle the offroad well enough too.