• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I'm not, I just don't like the idea of the state of the game changing.

Selfish, I know. I really like where it is at, at the moment.
Absolutely, I get that - And as I've mentioned I have no desire to spoil it for those who enjoy it as it is. At the end of the day, GGG will do what they deem best for the game and its audience, which has worked out pretty well for the majority of all involved parties so far.

Ciferion

TBH I enjoy the game as it is, its by far the most fun compared to any other Diablo ARPG clone very unique.
Yes sure if you want to get the best items/most currency like anything in life you need to put in the corresponding effort.

Working on getting my chest and flasks sorted, made a bit of currency last night mapping and using uber lab.
Selling some maps as well netted me a quiet a few chisels.
I switched from tornado shot to lightning shot with orb of storms, really battled to get a 4 link blue on helm or chest so using a temporary setup for now.

furpile

Expert Member
Anybody noticing anything strange with loot drops this weekend? It seems to be much more than usual, even to the point that I am getting 2-3 uniques per map. And I am only at T7-8 currently. It just feels like there is more loot dropping than last league. Granted they are still trash uniques, but even currency seems to be dropping more.

On the state of the game issue you guys are talking about, my only issue is in the GGG trade manifesto they said the don't want to make trading easier. This is so that you don't become too powerful too quickly. Fair enough. But with how interlinked your gear and skills are it is pretty hard to do incremental updates as you level. This league I used a pair of gloves from Act 1 up to maps since it had a bit of res and a few linked sockets. Upgrading a piece of gear, getting sockets and links on it and the correct colours is difficult on the first character of a league. So that is why when I hit maps I trade for a few 1c pieces and instantly have much better gear to start mapping with. But again, this is probably very difficult to balance with the top players.

HowTo

Expert Member
Morning

Talking to get colors right on a chest piece. I spend more then 4k of chromes on my chest piece, yes that is a lot. The outcome is it is still not right colors.(3R1G2B) mine (3R2G1B).
At this stage i have given up.

Playing the game i still feel squishy even with 5.8k Life. At time i still get 1 shoot. If i leech my life is ok and mana.
Then the new Abyss mechanics feel very squishy at times.

The other thing Armor 1800 it seems very low. I have armor on gloves boots and head piece.

Last edited:

Arzy

Honorary Master
While on the one side I can see the point in respect of trading I personally feel this game could do with an auction house or some other in game mechanism for trading commodities and maps. Using poe.trade is all good and well but you end up spending as much time looking for stuff and finding someone who actually responds as you do playing

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Morning

Talking to get colors right on a chest piece. I spend more then 4k of chromes on my chest piece, yes that is a lot. The outcome is it is still not right colors.(3R1G2B) mine (3R2G1B).
At this stage i have given up.

Playing the game i still feel squishy even with 5.8k Life. At time i still get 1 shoot. If i leech my life is ok and mana.
Then the new Abyss mechanics feel very squishy at times.

The other thing Armor 1800 it seems very low. I have armor on gloves boots and head piece.
Armour is useless. Don't even bother. Unless you have massive amounts of armour it is less than useless.

Ciferion

Managed to get the soul raker notable last night.
Had to run almost 15 white maps avoiding any danger just to get that level up.
Thanks to deadman for some maps to push through.
Still saving my ass off to get the next upgrades getting there bit by bit.

Traq

Anybody noticing anything strange with loot drops this weekend? It seems to be much more than usual, even to the point that I am getting 2-3 uniques per map. And I am only at T7-8 currently. It just feels like there is more loot dropping than last league. Granted they are still trash uniques, but even currency seems to be dropping more.

On the state of the game issue you guys are talking about, my only issue is in the GGG trade manifesto they said the don't want to make trading easier. This is so that you don't become too powerful too quickly. Fair enough. But with how interlinked your gear and skills are it is pretty hard to do incremental updates as you level. This league I used a pair of gloves from Act 1 up to maps since it had a bit of res and a few linked sockets. Upgrading a piece of gear, getting sockets and links on it and the correct colours is difficult on the first character of a league. So that is why when I hit maps I trade for a few 1c pieces and instantly have much better gear to start mapping with. But again, this is probably very difficult to balance with the top players.
on the wiki page there is a few vendor recipes which you can follow to get some decent gear for the beginning. I have also learned to alt/alch and go instead of my currency hoarding syndrome (TM) set in early.

I have also started to use Blind (skill gem) more, and smoke cloud comes in handy sometimes as well as methods to work around some of the gear limitations.

The reality is just, that all of this is randomly generated content, and there will always be a huge pile of junk, compared to a few exceptionals.

Regarding top players, they will always be at the top, regardless of changes being made, it will just either slow them down a little, or speed it up. Trading to me seems fine, I have never had an issue buying a priced item before, where it falls flat is when someone lists something and then don't put a price.

WraithFiend

Pretty much done with the league, after going back to WoW and getting back into PUBG it's the needed break until I can think of a different build to play.

Chaos glacial cascade was massively fun and the boss killing potential was a welcome change :D
At least I sold a pair of gloves for 7ex so I have enough currency to fund any new builds that I want to try out.

33/40, just a few more challenges to get to 36/40 and then I can chill. :D

SoulTax

Executive Member
Restarted my Poet's Pen build as the Unearth/Volatile Build (Scion-assassin/slayer). I have made some adjustments to it though. Most builds use Watcher's Eye with Anger to leech fire dmg. Which is way later. They also use Kaom's Heart, Which is damn expensive as always. So instead I am using Tabula and doing a double curse on hit with Warlords/Assassin's marks for those charges and the leech. And Frenzy GMP for frenzy charges.
Obviously went Whispers of Doom to achieve the second curse, as it was not too many points out of the way of the final build. Also grabbed ele overload for levelling and until I reach a healthy amount of Crit multi.

I can easily see this instant killing most map bosses in the lower tiers, as is.
First Lab points went towards getting the Slayer node. So Life leech is not removed on full life. It is smooth as butter this build. Not sure if I am going for the body swap playstyle. Will have to test it out in a few maps when I get there I think.

The Precast with this build is more OP than an SRS precast summoner. Really really powerful.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Thinking I've gone as far as I want with this sunder build, getting a bit frustrated with the slow movement speed even though it clears reasonably quickly.

Any suggestions for an alternate build with increased movement speed? Doesn't have to be the sole focus but would be nice.

SoulTax

Executive Member
Thinking I've gone as far as I want with this sunder build, getting a bit frustrated with the slow movement speed even though it clears reasonably quickly.

Any suggestions for an alternate build with increased movement speed? Doesn't have to be the sole focus but would be nice.
Most bow or wand builds have incredible movespeed because they cannot use melee movement skills and spell movements all suck. So maybe look at one of those?

HowTo

Expert Member
Morning

Still hammer Tier-7 unique map, Cair Blair. Made so far 8ex.

Still need to buy some gloves with enchantment plus boots.

Ciferion

Yeah likewise I think I ran 12 of them last night.
almost got enough for a taste of hate flask.
are you running those maps with MF gear on?

HowTo

Expert Member
Yeah likewise I think I ran 12 of them last night.
almost got enough for a taste of hate flask.
are you running those maps with MF gear on?
No Get sales of stuff that drops and Map sales. Have two sale channels Vault and Shaped Burial Chamber.

At times i cant keep up with map sales. At least i have two types of income.

Ciferion

Agree doing the same, great source of income.
what are you selling your Burial Chambers map for?
Thanks deadman for the advise :D

Last edited:

HowTo

Expert Member
Agree doing the same, great source of income.
what are you selling your Burial Chambers map for?
Thanks deadman for the advise :D
Currently Burial Chambers 3C/map or 4C/map and Vaults 29C/10 maps. :D

Do a routine daily check what they are selling for. :D