• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

SoulTax

Executive Member
This is what i like about POE. There is so many builds to play. Was thinking of going Tornado shot next. Does it require a lot of investment Like 5ex +?
You can make a lot of headway into early tier with just GMP and your chosen unique bow. But to really start making the build pick up, you need to scale those projectiles. +1 Quiver, +2 Helm enchant, etc.... Deadmanza is the resident expert on TS scaling though.

I have made a decent tier 1 - 8 mapper without the extra projectiles, but really, to push higher you want those extras.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
You can make a lot of headway into early tier with just GMP and your chosen unique bow. But to really start making the build pick up, you need to scale those projectiles. +1 Quiver, +2 Helm enchant, etc.... Deadmanza is the resident expert on TS scaling though.

I have made a decent tier 1 - 8 mapper without the extra projectiles, but really, to push higher you want those extras.
Goodluck getting a +1 quiver now :p

The helm is by far the most important item for TS, the +2 proj is more a necessity than a QOL.

However you can run decently enough with a Quills and a WR, your mapping is just nowhere near as smooth as it is with the enchant.

Kilerhotdog

Goodluck getting a +1 quiver now :p

The helm is by far the most important item for TS, the +2 proj is more a necessity than a QOL.

However you can run decently enough with a Quills and a WR, your mapping is just nowhere near as smooth as it is with the enchant.
Ah that is unfortunate. I looked up POE trade and the enchant is so expensive like 10 exalts to have it with starkonja's. So I think i am going to skip the Tornado shot build then. What are you guys' characters name in game

Archer

Honorary Master
Incursion is such a great league, I can chill out and not feel bad playing 1 or 2 hours a day because it's so simple to reach the league 'end game' of the temple. Sure getting the right rooms takes time but getting to interact with the end so regularly is refreshing. Vs most leagues where one would need to grind quite a bit getting the components to interact with the content. Like I've still not once done the prophecy bosses

SoulTax

Executive Member
Incursion is such a great league, I can chill out and not feel bad playing 1 or 2 hours a day because it's so simple to reach the league 'end game' of the temple. Sure getting the right rooms takes time but getting to interact with the end so regularly is refreshing. Vs most leagues where one would need to grind quite a bit getting the components to interact with the content. Like I've still not once done the prophecy bosses
****, I am level 88 and still dont have my first shaper orb to shape a map. I am just running Mid tier maps and spamming temple, just because it is simple and fun. I normally hover around mid tier maps anyway, so this league is literally right up my alley.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
****, I am level 88 and still dont have my first shaper orb to shape a map. I am just running Mid tier maps and spamming temple, just because it is simple and fun. I normally hover around mid tier maps anyway, so this league is literally right up my alley.
Same here. Just lvl87 but I was away from my PC for the last week. Still doing T5 maps and running the temple. Will try and push this coming weekend to hit lvl90 and then start accumulating OP low level gear from Mudflats temples.

Ninjatsu

Arc Totem Heiro is strong, just that you have to map with totems :/
Was doing quite well with it. I turned it into Poets + Arc + Warp, but didnt like the warp so gave up on that char.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I'm doing an Arc Totem, but am feeling a bit stuck currently, any ideas for any obvious upgrades/changes?

Link.

Obviously need need a defensive 6-link at some point, but will need to save up. Would like to get Shimmeron as well...

Traq

I'm doing an Arc Totem, but am feeling a bit stuck currently, any ideas for any obvious upgrades/changes?

Link.

Obviously need need a defensive 6-link at some point, but will need to save up. Would like to get Shimmeron as well...
Better amulet with lightning/spell damage and crit.

Opal ring.

A "cheap" solution is to get mark of the shaper, and some random elder ring, drop the essence worm ring, and get an enlighten lvl 4 with wrath. If you are not picky regarding DW Wands, then you can also get a shield with reduced mana reserved with the enlighten.

Else DW Voids or Sheimmeron's will be the best

Shield:
http://poe.trade/search/rinototihohuko

Mark of the Shaper:
http://poe.trade/search/ahuaheyasekosi

Decent Elder ring:
http://poe.trade/search/zarurarotomona

SaiyanZ

Executive Member

Link.

What maps are you running at the moment and how much life do you have? I have a pretty similar setup but on SSF HC.

Cast speed and added lightning damage to spells go a long way for damage. Still can't replace the two scepters I found 20 levels ago.

My items/setup. Have over 4k life now with about 1.7k unreserved mana. I just 20% qualitied most of my gems yesterday so some may look like they're a low level.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SaiyanZ/characters?characterName=Saiyan_ZT

copacetic

King of the Hippies
What maps are you running at the moment and how much life do you have? I have a pretty similar setup but on SSF HC.

Cast speed and added lightning damage to spells go a long way for damage. Still can't replace the two scepters I found 20 levels ago.

My items/setup. Have over 4k life now with about 1.7k unreserved mana. I just 20% qualitied most of my gems yesterday so some may look like they're a low level.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SaiyanZ/characters?characterName=Saiyan_ZT
Life is a bit low (4.2K), but with around 2K unreserved mana with 40% of damage taken from mana before life.

I can manage Tier 15 without much of an issue, and also managed to kill the Hydra, although that was a bit of a challenge. Just trying to build up my map pool now, and make some currency for something else, as the totem style is admittedly getting a bit old.

Your setup is pretty damned impressive for SSF...

Archer

Honorary Master
What do your jewels look like? Need to aim for crit multi, cast speed, lightning/spell damage. A jewel like this gives 5-10% more damage without power charges

And then squeeze crit multi and cast speed into every darn slot it can go

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I also don't use an instant life fask. Think that an Eternal life flask is better in most situations as it heals pretty fast and for a whole lot more. Choice is between around 2500HP restored over 2.7 seconds (around 1000HP/s) with an Eternal flask vs about 1000HP instantly restored with a Divine Flask.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
What do your jewels look like? Need to aim for crit multi, cast speed, lightning/spell damage. A jewel like this gives 5-10% more damage without power charges

And then squeeze crit multi and cast speed into every darn slot it can go
All of the above, generally - But not great ones at this point, as I'm not sure if I want to save up currency for a new character or spend the little I have on upgrading the current guy. I would also like a Wrath Watcher's Eye (pen / extra lightning damage) but holy **** are they expensive.

I'm doing okay though, can clear T15s without much trouble for the most part. That I'm a bit squishy is probably the biggest issue (can't do high level incursions, as I get deleted if it's one full of ranged mobs all in the same room).

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I'm doing okay though, can clear T15s without much trouble for the most part. That I'm a bit squishy is probably the biggest issue (can't do high level incursions, as I get deleted if it's one full of ranged mobs all in the same room).
Main thing with incursions is to move first before summoning totems if in one of the open type incursion rooms. Otherwise you take all the damage. Almost ripped like this once. That is really the only dangerous part of incursions because you can place totems in doorways or in front of you so your totems take all the hits.

Archer

Honorary Master
All of the above, generally - But not great ones at this point, as I'm not sure if I want to save up currency for a new character or spend the little I have on upgrading the current guy. I would also like a Wrath Watcher's Eye (pen / extra lightning damage) but holy **** are they expensive.

What's your tooltip btw? Just curious how far I still need to go once I'm in higher maps.

I've also managed to find jewels under 5c with all 3 mods on them, I'll send you my search once I'm home if you need it. But essentially the crit multi is priority one, followed by cast speed.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
What's your tooltip btw? Just curious how far I still need to go once I'm in higher maps.

I've also managed to find jewels under 5c with all 3 mods on them, I'll send you my search once I'm home if you need it. But essentially the crit multi is priority one, followed by cast speed.
(this is with my power charges up, and the increased crit chance after casting a totem)

Capture.PNG

I am sure I could find better jewels, I just hate setting the searches up...