MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
That triggered mod comes with a one second cooldown iirc, not sure if that kills it for you.
It would be fine as cooldown is 5 seconds but for each spell, Desecrate and Unearth (+GMP). So on average it would cast every 2.5 seconds which should be ok to get the ball rolling in a map. Can just have a Spell totem + Desecrate + Spell Cascade setup as an extra for bosses.

Decided to cancel that idea though as wands can't get the "Hits cannot be evaded" mod and investing in accuracy is not worth it. Could also do this with Cyclone and a melee weapon + "Hits cannot be evaded" + "Trigger Socket Spell When you use a skill". Seems like GGG disabled this combo though or nobody uses it. There's only 3 weapons in Standard with this combo so not sure if even possible now.

Spent the whole of last night trying to decide what to play. All will be CI ES Inquisitor crit based (preferably AOE focused because of AOE buffs) so either:

- Winter Orb crit. There's some extra AOE nodes on the tree now as well as channeling specific skills. I found it a bit slow though during the campaign last time with the stop start gameplay. Needs skill duration and maybe some cast speed investment so not sure if I'll like it until very late game.

- Cyclone CoC + Frostbolt + Ice Nova. Should be very smooth gameplay and fast clear with a "Hits cannot be evaded" dagger or foil.

- Winter Orb CWC Magma Orb + GMP crit. With all the extra AOE boosts and spell buffs it should be pretty decent but also has a bit of stop start gameplay.

- Self cast crit Spark. Not AOE but seems like it might be decent now with Unleash support + Chain and Fork buffs. Though needs skill duration investment which isn't nicely placed on the tree for CI.

Think I'm going to go for the Cyclone CoC + Frostbolt + Ice Nova setup but all skill trees are similar so can easily swap.

Last edited:

WraithFiend

If you're going CoC Cyclone, just get a cospri's and a lycosidae, and you're good to go.
Played it last league and was pretty smooth. Just make sure about your attack speed requirements vs cdr for the spells otherwise it's a massive dps loss.

Started off synthesis as a Blink Arrow / Mirror Arrow build, got to like t2 maps and realized it needs a lot more investment to actually get to the proper level. ( Uber Elder kill as BAMA )

Rerolled the saturday morning or so and went trickster chaos dmg.
Currently using Bane in a 6l (1 curse, 4 supports) but will probably go to Soulrend as the map tiers get harder.
Currently 1 shotting packs with the bane curse application. But bosses take much longer than they should.

Might need to throw in a single target skill or just swap to soulrend for bosses. But char is taking shape which is cool :)

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Can't use Lycosidae as I'm going ES and losing the shield is too much of a hit. So difficult to decide what to play.

It seems that Ice Nova is way better self cast anyway now with the new supports. So after playing around with PoB last night, three choices I'm leaning towards are:

- Pure Winter Orb (maxed AOE, non-crit with EO and cast speed focused. Can also go crit but then would have to drop AOE and cast speed nodes)

- Crit Spark self cast with Unleash + Chain + Fork + Spell Echo. On average with 6 sparks per cast, this would be about 24-30 sparks per second that also chain and fork.

- Storm Brand crit. Can use it with Chain + Call of the Brotherhood for the nice shatters + freezes and it should be good from the start.

Will level up with the Storm Brand and see how it goes. It might be best for a starter. Should be a simple setup with a 4L Vaal Storm Call for single target.

Last edited:

kaaskop

Expert Member
Xbox version launch yesterday.

I thought I would go the insane route and farm an Oni-Goroshi so i wouldnt have any troubles of finding/crafting a 6 linked weapon. So the farming began at 7am and finished at 6pm. 11 Hours for a 6 link, not to bad i think.

Until i started playing the game. The EU servers is unplayable. My wildstrike doesnt even register. Getting
killed works as allways.

I am not playing the game again until GGG fix their damn servers.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Xbox version launch yesterday.

I thought I would go the insane route and farm an Oni-Goroshi so i wouldnt have any troubles of finding/crafting a 6 linked weapon. So the farming began at 7am and finished at 6pm. 11 Hours for a 6 link, not to bad i think.

Until i started playing the game. The EU servers is unplayable. My wildstrike doesnt even register. Getting
killed works as allways.

I am not playing the game again until GGG fix their damn servers.

Easiest just to play normally and save up for a Tabula. They are fairly cheap so by Act 5 or so you should be able to afford one even if unlucky with drops. Just convert everything to chaos and buy one. That's what I always do.

kaaskop

Expert Member
Xbox economy is abit different than the PC economy. Stuff normally 2.5 as expensive because of the small population on it.

Last league i had a unnatural instinct drop and i wanted currency pretty bad so i checked online for prices. At that stage it was selling at 43ex and i thought i was rich, "in my book anyway" , but i couldnt sell it even for 25ex.

I always farm blood aqueducts for div cards and level there anyway. Still having a 6 link from the start makes a huge difference.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Just started an hour ago. Found a fractured wand and put it up for 2c. Someone bought it and then messaged me afterwards and gave me another 40c for it because he said he felt bad as it was a crafting base and he could see I just started the league... It had "chaos damage over time multi". Seems like there are some fractured mods which are quite valuable and ilvl doesn't matter. This was an ilvl12 wand.

Oh and POE is a different game with a SSD. Loading screens are no longer an issue.

WraithFiend

Sounds like you found a decent person in the community :D
I hate it when I sell an item and I can already see that the dude is flipping me.

I honestly don't mind if you snipe something for cheap from me for your build (gj, you beat me and you're going to use it!)
But if you're just gonna flip it, then I get very sad. :/

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Yeah I got a good deal there too it seems. Went and checked the market afterwards and there were a few for sale at 20c and up. Only the ones that were up for several days were lower priced. Doubt I would have sold it so quickly if I put it up for 20c but I got 42c for it.

Apparently the two main fractured mods in demand are 'Chaos damage over time multi" and "+1 socket of bow gems". ilvl and mod tier doesn't matter with those two. Others are "increased movement speed" on boots but those need to be a high tier. Also ES mods on good bases like Vaal Regalia and Hubris.

Don't know what else people will discover in the coming days. So I throw in most of my fractured items into a 2c tab. If I get instantly spammed then I know it's under-priced. Happened to a jewel as well with "increased energy shield recharge rate". Got instantly spammed so I increased the price a bit. It hasn't sold yet though at the higher price so it seems people/bots are out there just looking for bargains.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Currently in Act 6. Leveling with Storm Brand 6L and a Holy Flame Totem 4L (Flame Totem + Multiple totems + Ele Focus + Phys to Lightning)

Pretty decent clear whilst running build. Don't need to be near anything to deal damage. Will use this setup into maps and see how it goes.

One good thing about starting the league 5 days late is the cheap availability of decent leveling gear. Spent about 15c upgrading my entire gear set (except Tabula and Call of Brotherhood which I already had) at lvl44. Decent life on every piece with some ES and resists. Good enough to take me into maps and still room on some to craft resists etc.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SaiyanZ/characters/Saiyan_ZS

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I decided to stay hybrid for now as gear is much cheaper. Will only switch to CI when I have several exalts. Ony lvl79 as I started again on Friday because I wanted to try out something with the Nexus from scratch. What I've learnt and haven't really seen mentioned in videos about the Nexus:

- It seems better to make all modifiers and rewards to spawn on the board first before trying to venture out. For two reasons. First one is that by placing tiles you essentially block new tiles from spawning closer. Second reason is that it's much less likely to have a random tile spawn in your path when running a long chain.

- The reward tiles don't seem worth it. I link them up if next to them when running for modifier tiles (so that they start stacking modifiers) but leave them until the path next to them is ready to be decayed. i.e. I only run them when I don't need the path next to them anymore and by then they should at least have a bunch of modifiers.

- It only seems worth travelling out from nexus if you can get and link at least 3 modifiers to your existing chain in one run. This is the rule I'm sticking to.

So when building the paths it seems like making a large dumbbell like patter is optimum. I keep two sides next to the Nexus open so that I can quickly spawn new modifiers by placing and deleting/running new tiles. Then once all modifiers have spawned (seems like you can only get up to 19 total rewards and modifier tiles), I can plan a route to get a bunch of modifiers.

This is all moot though as there is a bug which causes me to crash. Seems to be when shattering a big pack of Bloodlines mobs, usually Soul Eater packs. Several others are experiencing the same crash when shattering mobs. Crashing when halfway through a path ruins the run as you have to start again at the Nexus which is a waste of memories and modifiers. So I'll get back to doing long chains once GGG releases a bug fix.

Archer

Honorary Master
So they fixed map drops... bloody hell, that's like 99% of the reason to play the game and the drops have been soooo bad this first week. I remember running T1 fungal like 10 times in a row (with no T2's completed) to try get strand without luck. Eventually Zana gave it as a mission so I could progress to T2 (what an achievement). Thinking back on it, its probably a big part of the reason I just couldn't be bothered to try progress this league.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Got a nice 6 modifier run planned out bottom left for later. Hopefully I don't crash along the way.

screenshot-0138.png

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I tweaked my Inquisitor yesterday and will stay hybrid instead of go fully CI. Gear is a lot cheaper and I have more EHP. Just have to be careful against big chaos damage hits. Currently about 3400HP and 5200ES with all future nodes going into ES.

Reason I'm staying hybrid life/es is because of Cerberus Limb which allows spell damage to leech life. A lioneyes shield (has the 30% block needed) has 1700 armor, has huge life. So it's a 350ES shield which is pretty good for the price if you take into account the extra armour and life. With this setup I'm leeching both ES (spell ES leech from the tree) and life (about 800 per second of each) as well as have about 800 ES regen with Zealoth's Oath and Consecrated Ground always up. So it's pretty defensive. Currently lvl85 with no deaths. Haven't skipped any content and have been focusing on the league mechanic (combined with load shedding taking away my playtime) so I'm only at T6 maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SaiyanZ/characters/Saiyan_ZS

Just checked. There are actually only 139 shields with over 350ES for sale in Synthesis. So getting 350ES from Lioneyes is pretty decent. You also can't get high life on rare shields with +350ES because you need good ES prefixes. So Lioneyes + Cerberus seems BIS defensively for Hybrid life/es builds. On top of that you also get the leech.

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
The league mechanic is pretty bad. Played around with the Nexus a lot more and there's major issues.

- Portals from nodes are currently broken. Sometimes you can create a portal, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you portal to Nexus and there's no portal to return to node. Makes all the puzzle game planning when you can't do long runs and return with the loot.

- There's no warning that you're close to the 40 piece cap. I just hit the 40 piece cap after travelling a long way to get to some modifiers but couldn't place another piece without deleting another.

- There's no warning that you're close to the 200 global modifier cap. Decided to delete a piece since I was right next to the modifier nodes already and had traveled quite far. After placing a piece I go to get the modifier and get an error message saying I'm at the 200 global modifier cap.

With the league mechanic already so tedious and time consuming, these things need to work

screenshot-0140.png

screenshot-0141.png

Archer

Honorary Master
The league mechanic is pretty bad. Played around with the Nexus a lot more and there's major issues.

- Portals from nodes are currently broken. Sometimes you can create a portal, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you portal to Nexus and there's no portal to return to node. Makes all the puzzle game planning when you can't do long runs and return with the loot.

- There's no warning that you're close to the 40 piece cap. I just hit the 40 piece cap after travelling a long way to get to some modifiers but couldn't place another piece without deleting another.

- There's no warning that you're close to the 200 global modifier cap. Decided to delete a piece since I was right next to the modifier nodes already and had traveled quite far. After placing a piece I go to get the modifier and get an error message saying I'm at the 200 global modifier cap.

With the league mechanic already so tedious and time consuming, these things need to work
The next patch is hopefully sorting out a bunch of the issues. Its getting tiresome that every league takes 2-3 weeks before (seemingly obvious) issues are sorted out and content is playable / accessible.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
The next patch is hopefully sorting out a bunch of the issues. Its getting tiresome that every league takes 2-3 weeks before (seemingly obvious) issues are sorted out and content is playable / accessible.
Yeah, not sure if they will increase the caps. I'll still play around with it. Given the caps, which are not too difficult to hit, I'm going to make a self contained farming 4x4 grid next to the nexus. Since spreading modifiers too thin is not worth it. The grid will use a combination of different pieces, 2 of each type max, so that it's easy enough to replace. Will stack modifiers there until the cap is hit and then run a section of it, whilst replacing pieces as I go.

The rest of the Nexus will just be used to farm modifiers and xp/rewards etc. This will be a lot easier to manage once set up than just making random nodes travelling far out.

I also wonder, since there is no drop penalty for areas lvl66 or above, it might be worth quickly farming Ossuary for the right pieces if missing a key one. Instead of burning high level maps and deleting/wasting pieces that don't fit. I'm doing the initial setup of the grid this way. Once it is set up though it should be easier to maintain.

Edit: I just noticed that they are making major changes to the Nexus. 5 modifier cap and modifiers can be placed anywhere on any piece after you get it. Looks like a big nerf if you were making long chains and applying a single modifier to 20+ tiles.

Memory Modifiers
We have completely changed how Memory Modifiers ("Global Mods") work. The current ones are way too spammy and require you to stack dozens of them to get significant rewards.

Global Mods are now massively more powerful, but do not stack anywhere near as deep. Every Memory now has a maximum of five of the new massively-buffed Global Mods. Instead of applying to all connected Memories, you now will be able to see what the mod is and select which Memory to apply it to. It will affect that memory and all immediately-adjacent ones connected to it. This feels a lot more rewarding and allows players to make more interesting decisions.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469496

If that change comes through then the best strategy would be a 4 connection tile connected to 4 other tiles. Stack 5 modifiers on it and then run the whole thing. No planning and unlikely to be more rewarding than stacking lots of modifiers unless the modifier buff is like 5x what it is now.

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Bought this chest for a couple exalts. Going to be my crafting project for now. It's the highest tier rolls you can get if you want both life + es. On top of that it is Shaper base and has 30% quality. Going to scour suffixes and slam two good ones. Then mastercraft quality on it.

screenshot-0143.png

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Finished my 4x4 modifier stacking square so can go back to mapping normally. It's self contained so it can't be blocked and also designed in such a way that it doesn't use more than 2 of a specific piece.

screenshot-0145.png

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Been a fun league so far, although for the most part I am completely ignoring the memory nexus. WORST mechanic to date!
Going to really hate having to 40/40 this league!
On the bright side I am 2 mirrors and a HH in currency along with 2 geared builds :p
Also crafted a helm that was front page on reddit for some time.