MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Anyone having trouble with the patch? My download progress bar goes up and then backwards over and over again. Can't get the last 1.3GB of the patch.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Anyone having trouble with the patch? My download progress bar goes up and then backwards over and over again. Can't get the last 1.3GB of the patch.
I got the torrent for the standalone client, worked perfectly, thank god.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I'm still trying to get the last 1.3GB of the patch. ****ing download progress goes backwards every time after reaching about 20%.

Wtf, I just realized, even though no progress is being made. I used about 20GB of my monthly capped data trying to download the 1.3GB (and still can't). Wtf is going on.

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I gave up and deleted all files. It used up most of my monthly data cap and still not downloading.

Will play other games.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I made one last attempt. Had some night owl data so might as well. Uninstalled and deleted every trace of POE. Then downloaded the torrent and reinstalled. I'm still having the exact same issue at about 1GB remaining. It chunks all my data whilst the progress bar goes up and down.

Can't get past this point. Progress goes up and then falls down again. Over and over whilst my data is still getting used up. Have used about 10GB trying to get this last 1GB. Tried stopping it and starting etc. but no progress is ever made on the amount remaining.

1559950230429.png

Edit: Read the technical issues forum. Apparently some ISPs cache the files so you end up downloading corrupted/old files. Seems like Vodacom is doing this. Switched to my Telkom sim and it's downloading steadily. Maybe my rants will save someone some pain if they use Vodacom to patch.

4 hours late but I'm finally in!

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Trade has been down for about 9 hours straight now. What a messup by GGG. Trading on day one of league not working in an economy game.

Want to buy Winter Burial jewel for Glacial Hammer but can't. Went to bed for 5 hours and thought trading will be up by now. Nope.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I played Glacial Hammer to about Act 6 on Saturday. Eventually decided it's going to be way too slow to play, especially for the league content where speed clear and AOE is important. Damage was good and it froze everything but it's too weak defensively whilst also being slow because of having to be in the thick of things.

So deleted that character and started another yesterday. Didn't want to play Essence Drain so went with ignite prolif Armageddon Brand. Clears very well and is safe with MoM and Eldritch Battery. About to finish Act 10 and start maps now.

PS. The patching issue with Vodacom is still a thing. Couldn't finish off downloading the last 60mb of the 400mb patch yesterday with my Vodacom sim. Switched to my Telkom sim and it downloaded the remainder fine. Vodacom must be saving the files locally to save on data costs, but with POE game files that get updated often, you end up getting an old version which the download manager deletes and then tries to re-download in an endless loop. Can cost a lot of data if not aware.

DTBA

Expert Member
I played Glacial Hammer to about Act 6 on Saturday. Eventually decided it's going to be way too slow to play, especially for the league content where speed clear and AOE is important. Damage was good and it froze everything but it's too weak defensively whilst also being slow because of having to be in the thick of things.

So deleted that character and started another yesterday. Didn't want to play Essence Drain so went with ignite prolif Armageddon Brand. Clears very well and is safe with MoM and Eldritch Battery. About to finish Act 10 and start maps now.

PS. The patching issue with Vodacom is still a thing. Couldn't finish off downloading the last 60mb of the 400mb patch yesterday with my Vodacom sim. Switched to my Telkom sim and it downloaded the remainder fine. Vodacom must be saving the files locally to save on data costs, but with POE game files that get updated often, you end up getting an old version which the download manager deletes and then tries to re-download in an endless loop. Can cost a lot of data if not aware.[/QUOTE]
Damn that is really sad and must have been frustrated !

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member

Yeah it's pretty bad. Basically, if I didn't have a backup Telkom sim I would not be able to play POE anymore as the patches will never complete.

Have been using Telkom for years which is why I've never had this problem before. The Vodacom sim is just a month old (90GB deal). What's also bad is that the download just keeps going at 10MB/s instead of stopping and giving an error. So you can use multiple GBs in a short while without knowing what the issue is.

DTBA

Expert Member
Yeah it's pretty bad. Basically, if I didn't have a backup Telkom sim I would not be able to play POE anymore as the patches will never complete.

Have been using Telkom for years which is why I've never had this problem before. The Vodacom sim is just a month old (90GB deal). What's also bad is that the download just keeps going at 10MB/s instead of stopping and giving an error. So you can use multiple GBs in a short while without knowing what the issue is.
I can think a way around this might be a vpn but that also cost money

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Anyone here use a flask macro with autohotkey? It used to work in the past but doesn't want to work for some reason. Used to use this one which still works everywhere else if I test it. Pressing "1" types out keys 2345. Just not in POE anymore for some reason:

1 ::
{
;Initialize random delays between 57 and 114 ms (arbitrary values, may be changed)
random, delay2, 57, 114
random, delay3, 57, 114
random, delay4, 57, 114
random, delay5, 57, 114

;send, 1 ;simulates the keypress of the 1 button. If you use another button, change it!

;sleep, %delay2%
send, 2 ;simulates the keypress of the 2 button. If you use another button, change it!

sleep, %delay3%
send, 3 ;simulates the keypress of the 3 button. If you use another button, change it!

sleep, %delay4%
send, 4 ;simulates the keypress of the 4 button. If you use another button, change it!

sleep, %delay5%
send, 5 ;simulates the keypress of the 5 button. If you use another button, change it!
}
return

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Been an awesome league so far, marred only by the fact that I tried to start as WO Trickster :sick::sick::sick:.
Re rolled that into EDC but daaaam do I dislike that build.

Eventually changed to Beserker Cyclone and wow is impale broken. My easiest uber elders by far, have been doing deathless uber elder carries since last week Monday.

Also have a fully operational crafting service running.

Will give MyBB discounts on carries and crafts xD

Kilerhotdog

Been an awesome league so far, marred only by the fact that I tried to start as WO Trickster :sick::sick::sick:.
Re rolled that into EDC but daaaam do I dislike that build.

Eventually changed to Beserker Cyclone and wow is impale broken. My easiest uber elders by far, have been doing deathless uber elder carries since last week Monday.

Also have a fully operational crafting service running.

Will give MyBB discounts on carries and crafts xD
I Started with ED/Contagion, it got boring really fast :(

Switched over to Cyclone Impale Champion and so far it is really good, but I desync a lot like every 10 to 15 seconds does anyone else have this problem. I am thinking about playing a other build that doesn't use skills like Leap slam Shield Charge or any movement skill for that matter because this desyncing is starting to get out of hand.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I Started with ED/Contagion, it got boring really fast :(

Switched over to Cyclone Impale Champion and so far it is really good, but I desync a lot like every 10 to 15 seconds does anyone else have this problem. I am thinking about playing a other build that doesn't use skills like Leap slam Shield Charge or any movement skill for that matter because this desyncing is starting to get out of hand.
Had a bit of desync but very playable.

CarsinemiA

Sup guys

So. I am "returning" to PoE. And I say returning in quotation marks as the last time I played the game was still in Beta, 6 years ago.

I'm following a guide and doing well enough so far, but I have a few questions for the more experienced players:

1. Is all the other side stuff necessary (The menagerie, mine delving, etc.) or should I go straight to mapping once I'm done with Act 10?

2. How often can I expect Exalted Orbs to drop? I know it's a really low drop rate, just want to get a feel for how often I can expect a drop. I've landed one so far, currently blazing through Act 9.

3. I picked up a Tabula Rasa and immediately fixed the gems required for what is essentially "end-game" for the specific build. I'm running a pure physical Cyclone Slayer, so the gems I have socketed in the TR are Cyclone - Infused Channeling - Brutalize - Melee Phys - Pulverize - Fortify. The problem is I don't know how long the TR will carry me and will have to look at socketing a 2H axe instead. Will I lose a lot of DPS? And say I only managed a 4L, what should I put in?

Also worth a mention, is I'm playing on the PS4. My PC schit the bed a few months ago.

Magnarmalok

Expert Member
This league has been good to me so far.

Started as Ngamu cyclone, made a soulwrest build later when I got some great drops from that. Finally made a Slayer starforge cyclone - Managed to do my first shaper and Uber Elder on this one! and this past weekend I've been levelling up a SST Deadeye - So far, clear seems ridiculous, however single target is still sub-standard, only level 70 now though - So it may get better.

Magnarmalok

Expert Member
Sup guys

So. I am "returning" to PoE. And I say returning in quotation marks as the last time I played the game was still in Beta, 6 years ago.

I'm following a guide and doing well enough so far, but I have a few questions for the more experienced players:

1. Is all the other side stuff necessary (The menagerie, mine delving, etc.) or should I go straight to mapping once I'm done with Act 10?

2. How often can I expect Exalted Orbs to drop? I know it's a really low drop rate, just want to get a feel for how often I can expect a drop. I've landed one so far, currently blazing through Act 9.

3. I picked up a Tabula Rasa and immediately fixed the gems required for what is essentially "end-game" for the specific build. I'm running a pure physical Cyclone Slayer, so the gems I have socketed in the TR are Cyclone - Infused Channeling - Brutalize - Melee Phys - Pulverize - Fortify. The problem is I don't know how long the TR will carry me and will have to look at socketing a 2H axe instead. Will I lose a lot of DPS? And say I only managed a 4L, what should I put in?

Also worth a mention, is I'm playing on the PS4. My PC schit the bed a few months ago.

1) Not necessary, but highly advised, you can get some great drops from the side-activities, and it does also help to not bore yourself on just maps.

2) Rng is RNG.

3) You'll definitely lose some dps by going down some links, but you will however gain some survivability - Check on whatever it is that consoles use for trade (AFAIK you have a board in town?) and see if you can maybe buy yourself a cheap 6L with some nice stats on it, bad stats would still generally be better than no-stats.

Archer

Honorary Master
What "melee" builds are there that can more reliably clear legions? I'm running 2H axe cyclone berserker but the aoe and movespeed seems to be lacking. And I've already got all the added range nodes possible along with two +1 range crafts.