MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

werries2

Expert Member
Doing Cyclone slayer myself and the movement speed and aoe is more than enough. I do use leap to jump around the map a lot though ;) I am still not quite fully geared for movement speed or finished tallents, but sitting at around 50-60% move speed ( minus 30% for cyclone reduction then).

Would still like to finish my Cast on channeling build, but parked that project till I got some more resources.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
What "melee" builds are there that can more reliably clear legions? I'm running 2H axe cyclone berserker but the aoe and movespeed seems to be lacking. And I've already got all the added range nodes possible along with two +1 range crafts.
Looks like anything that pops or explodes will work from tomorrow!

"Most, if not all, on-kill mechanics now work during Legion encounters."

3.7.3 Patch Notes.

My Gladiator's body is ready...

Archer

Honorary Master
What kind of DPS is needed for the 4-way legion encounter? I'm at ±600k without flasks on cyclone.
It's annoying how if one does too little DPS then you'd be better of selling the encounter

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I'm not sure what my DPS is, and still on a five-link, but with this dude I was not even able to get down a general in time in a T13 map. These motherfuckers are tough.

Archer

Honorary Master
I'm not sure what my DPS is, and still on a five-link, but with this dude I was not even able to get down a general in time in a T13 map. These motherfuckers are tough.
Generals go down fairly easily for me at T13, just a bit more than the duration on vaal ancestral warchief (after they've popped out). The release phase is quicker

Is there an active guild I can join to help me out?

At 350 hours and still feel like a complete noob. I want to enjoy it but it feels like there is too much I am unsure of and it is discouraging.

blade2394

I have been enjoying the league so far but for the past week or so have been getting intermittent lag that makes the game virtually unplayable, on PC. Seems to have only started now recently. Is anyone else getting this issue.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Is there an active guild I can join to help me out?

At 350 hours and still feel like a complete noob. I want to enjoy it but it feels like there is too much I am unsure of and it is discouraging.
You are welcome to join us - Shoot me a character name.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I have been enjoying the league so far but for the past week or so have been getting intermittent lag that makes the game virtually unplayable, on PC. Seems to have only started now recently. Is anyone else getting this issue.
Yep - Although it's hard to tell when it's my internet, and when it's the servers.

Archer

Honorary Master
Yep - Although it's hard to tell when it's my internet, and when it's the servers.
I'm in the Netherlands with a 12ms ping and I also get these stupid lag spikes regularly. I think the game servers are quite simply stating to show the strain due to unoptimised code that comes with such regular and large updates to the game

Archer

Honorary Master
What's the thoughts on the league so far? I won't be able to play until next weekend anyway but the trailer was really underwhelming to me

copacetic

King of the Hippies
The league mechanic is not remotely as annoying as I was worried it might be. I'll have to play more to see if it gets fatiguing, but but no issues with it. Launch has been super smooth. And they've added a boatload of stuff, as always, so there's plenty to do.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I played around with Path of Building this weekend but not Path of Exile. Have so many other games to play/finish that I don't feel like I would be able to focus much on POE if I did play it and it requires a lot of time. Probably have done about 10k hours in POE since 2013 and these days it's hard to find some unique combo of skills/gameplay.

Back in 2014/2015 it was possible to come up with builds that were fairly unique and not many people knew about or had tried. These days everything has been tried and tested (with limits on CoC, CWC, and other triggers) so making a build that works great doesn't have that amazement factor anymore.

A build that I was working on in PoB this weekend was a Divine Ire build that focused on burning and poison damage. Think it's possible with the new damage over time nodes, Divine Ire's huge buff to ailment damage, and scaling crit multi for damage over time to make it work (with Assassin). Would need:

- Bino's knife for poison prolif
- Stormfire ring for lightning damage can ignite
- Abberath's Hooves for ignite prolif
- Volkuur's Guidance gloves for lightning damage can poison

Support gems like Unbound Ailments, Swift Affliction scale both ignite and poison damage.

Convert all damage to lightning and get 100% crit chance which will be easy with Assassin. Prolif builds will also work well with the league mechanic. Though I have other stuff to play so not sure if I'll give POE a go.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Was also messing around with a poison Assassin build in PoB last night. With just two 1c Cold Iron Point weapons, you can get to over 4mill dps with Blade Vortex. Zero other gear or jewels so it can get a lot higher. Pretty insane how far you can scale poison compared to other things. On top of that you can get 3 Shockwave Totems in a 4L that do 400k dps each.

So with gear and jewels this can reach insane levels. You can also sacrifice a bit of Blade Vortex damage (which is probably the best way to go) and bring it down to 3mill dps and use CWC with Cyclone to keep it at 10 stacks constantly whilst you also move through a map. No stopping to cast to keep up stacks.

Edit: With a few minor items (only the corrupted gloves is expensive and it's only use is to auto apply despair and temp chains), it's 14mill dps with autocast CWC and 25mill dps self cast. Jewel slot and rings, boots, belt, amulet, helmet slot empty.

Last edited:

blade2394

Enjoying the league and the Tower Defense gameplay. Trying out the Icicle mines. Currently in a party with a buddy from DBN, we are both getting wicked intermittent rubber banding and lag :( Anyone else getting this issue this evening.

Last edited: