MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Decided to play a bit and test out that poison build as the damage seems quite insane. Even with gear missing, it's more damage than Mathil's Viper Strike poison build from a few weeks ago. It should also be easier to play as you just cyclone through the map instead of having to stop and cast/attack.

Just played Act 1 this morning. Will push to maps during the weekend.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Good league so far! Really enjoying blight. My character is pretty decked out as well -

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Been busy playing this poison build and finishing up Act 6 now. This is the most powerful build I've ever made whilst leveling the campaign. Instant phased every boss from Act 4 onwards so far. All bosses couldn't even finish their first attack before dying.

Even with twinked leveling gear whilst playing in Standard I couldn't kill things this fast. Got just normal rare items with resists and a tabula.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Grinded through some maps yesterday. Almost done with T10's and will push through to endgame soon.

https://poemap.live/ makes completing the Atlas a joke for those who are unaware as you can swap maps you have for ones you need with others very easily. No buying of maps at all. Used this and unlocked all T1 to T9 without running a single map twice.

This poison build dps is the highest I've ever made. Still need to get a 6L Cospri's Will which will boost the dps even more and upgrade the life on the belt and rings but the other gear is finished. PoB puts me at about 20mill dps without taking into account Wither or Plague Bearer. Also have 3 shockwave totems that PoB says do about 3mill dps each. Life is a bit low as I had to respec some points for STR nodes but will get STR on belt and rings today instead and push the life back up. Not too concerned about dying as I just want to kill stuff and clear the entire game for once. Only died twice in all those maps to one-shot Blight bosses. Hard to see them when there's so much stuff on the screen with Blight.

My Shockwave Totems are lvl27 and Blade Vortex is lvl29. Also have high level Herald of Agony and Stone Golem that never dies with the +6 levels from the daggers.

The triple totem also makes clearing blights much easier. I just clear one side, then drop 3 totems to keep clearing whilst I move over to the other side. Rinse and repeat until clear. This way I rarely ever get overwhelmed and if I do I just stay in middle and kill anything that comes close with my totems and my own AOE damage. I actually only use the totems for blights because bosses die instantly so far so there's no point in putting down totems.

Those new boots I'm using (The Stampede) are also really amazing for cyclone as they fix your base movement speed at 150%. With cyclone applying 30% less movement speed normally, it's like I have 150% x (1.3) = 195% movement speed. This is equivalent to using 30% movement speed boots and also having a 65% quicksilver flask up 100% of the time whilst cycloning, except I don't need either so it also frees up a flask slot. The extra passive it gives is also useful as there's usually some really OP passives you can get that are far away to travel to. I took Dirty Techniques and Toxic Strikes as they add a crazy amount of dps and spell based Shadows normally will never be able to take those nodes. And if that's not enough the boots also give 80% cooldown recovery to travel skills which applies to Withering Step. I only press that for bosses but it's instant cast so why not use it. So mapping is also pretty fast as I never stop cycloning since I move at the same speed whether walking or cycloning.

Last edited:

Archer

Honorary Master
@SaiyanZ
You're often coming up with your own cool builds, is there anything that you think one could do with a build that has 6-8 of every charge (endurance, frenzy, power)? It would need to be a Slayer along with Badge of the Brotherhood. When I saw that unique revealed I was like omgyesgimmedat but I don't know how to use it. Perhaps it's best use is to not try shove in the endurance charges as well

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
@SaiyanZ
You're often coming up with your own cool builds, is there anything that you think one could do with a build that has 6-8 of every charge (endurance, frenzy, power)? It would need to be a Slayer along with Badge of the Brotherhood. When I saw that unique revealed I was like omgyesgimmedat but I don't know how to use it. Perhaps it's best use is to not try shove in the endurance charges as well
I actually was trying to come up with a build that uses a lot of charges recently. The only way to really make use of lots of charges is Discharge and the only way to generate power charges quickly is with Volls Protector body armour.

So can use Cyclone CoC Discharge with:
- Volls Protector for power charges
- Volls Devotion for endurance charges

Frenzy charges can be sustained best by Oro's Sacrifice I think as it gives a charge for every ignite. Terminus Est looks good but it only gives 1 frenzy charge for each attack. Red Trail boots are also an option but it requires you to be bleeding which needs a couple other pieces of gear. So Oro's Sacrifice will work best and you can boost the base crit chance with Slayer.

So just build for spell damage, aoe damage, elemental damage and get as many charges as possible. Discharge is a bit old these days and we have so many other skills now with a lot that have better clear, etc. It should work well though.

Just noticed that you mentioned Badge of the Brotherhood. The problem is that there is no way to generate endurance charges quickly without using Voll's Devotion and if you don't use endurance charges then you don't need to be a Slayer anymore but Slayer will still help with the base crit for Oro's Sacrifice. For Discharge though, the endurance charges are basically free with Volls Devotion so it's a waste not to use them.

Last edited:

kaaskop

Expert Member
As a noob, this season is the most fun i had with POE. I tried the normal meta summoner and had the easiest leveling and maps thus far.

Today i got a "the dancing dervish" and now my fun is doubled. I have to get more movement speed somewhere lol.
I just run after the summoned dervish without doing anything. It clears maps all on its own. I've upgraded it to have 2 summoned, oh mommy!

I almost don't see bosses- it gets killed before i can do anything.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Here's my current PoB and gear at lvl91. Gear is basically finished too. PoB says 29mill Blade Vortex dps and 6mill dps on each totem. It's missing a few things like Withering Step though and the notables I took (Dirty Techniques and Toxic Strike) which add several mill more damage.

https://pastebin.com/CsgS2mJd

This deletes bosses faster than even Cast on Crit did back when spells could shotgun many years ago.

Archer

Honorary Master
Here's my current PoB and gear at lvl91. Gear is basically finished too. PoB says 29mill Blade Vortex dps and 6mill dps on each totem. It's missing a few things like Withering Step though and the notables I took (Dirty Techniques and Toxic Strike) which add several mill more damage.

https://pastebin.com/CsgS2mJd

This deletes bosses faster than even Cast on Crit did back when spells could shotgun many years ago.
I am unashamedly copying your build now :p
It was certainly one of the quickest A5 Kitava kills that I've ever experienced. Once I'm able to equip the daggers I'm sure things are going to be crazy
Oh, which ascendancy did you get first? The poison leg, or the power charges?

SaiyanZ

Executive Member

Archer

Honorary Master
Go for the poison first. The power charges aren't worth it until you have ok crit multi which will be much later.

I made a thread in the Shadow forums last week which has a bit more info on the build.

I reckon I'm going to drop one of the damage wheels and get 2 or 3 jewel sockets instead. Just to make life/resists a bit easier. Cause its not like the build is lacking in the DPS department :ROFL:

Archer

Honorary Master
What are your guys strategies to complete the atlas?
Starting out I wait until I have one of each higher tier map, and then I move up to that tier (although I use the Zana reward if possible to move up quicker). Should one wait until you have multiple copies of each map?
I also buy any maps I don't have at Zana everyday to move up quicker.
But then usually I get stuck at T5 since I'm running magic maps, and then finally when T6 is ready since they need to be rare the following tiers are easy again. So what's an easier way of breaking that barrier (other than the obvious of running rare T5's)? At least being able to force Zana missions also gives a bit more opportunity for rng to do its work

HowTo

Expert Member
Hi all

Started again to play POE. 18GB download.
Game has changed a lot since I play last.
Doing Zombies / Spectra's build. Gem are still low.
Done T1/T2/T3 and doing T4 maps currently. My Char is lvl. 80 currently. Had to respect quite a bit, to get in line with Spectra build.
I have Zana in my hideout. She does not give maps every day.
What happened to Vorici and company. (Haku etc) Are they still available.

The mine thing still bugles me. Mechanics behind it.

Is there a YouTube thing available. That explains things more.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Hi all

Started again to play POE. 18GB download.
Game has changed a lot since I play last.
Doing Zombies / Spectra's build. Gem are still low.
Done T1/T2/T3 and doing T4 maps currently. My Char is lvl. 80 currently. Had to respect quite a bit, to get in line with Spectra build.
I have Zana in my hideout. She does not give maps every day.
What happened to Vorici and company. (Haku etc) Are they still available.

The mine thing still bugles me. Mechanics behind it.

Is there a YouTube thing available. That explains things more.
Welcome back!

Check out videos from ZiggyD. He is good at explaining mechanics.

Are you playing the blight league?

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I uninstalled about a month ago after I got my two week POE fix and then moved on to other games. Have been thinking of some possible poison build though but someone else can test it. Pretty much same skill and skill tree as the Blade Vortex build above. Instead difference will be stacking as much "poisons you inflict deal damage xx% faster" as possible. You can get:

- 2 x Apep's Rage wands (20% x 2 = 40%)
- 2 Synthesis Circle of Nostalgia rings. These can have 10% implicits so total of 20% Rings are very rare though. Ideally each with Herald of Agony 100% increased buff effect for the more poison damage boost.
- 3 nodes on the tree give this mod. Can get them all instead of pathing to them with Blight uniques and amulet. (5% +5% + 10%)

So a total of "poisons you inflict deal damage 80% faster" is possible. This will make your 10 second long poison deal its damage over 2 seconds which is a ridiculous dps boost with Assassin where the duration keeps going up 5% with every hit. Real dps might be higher than the Blade Vortex build I made in the posts above. It would need to be self cast Blade Vortex though because of the wands. 10 stacks can be easily maintained with the Unleash gem and just casting once ever 2.5 seconds or so.

HowTo

Expert Member
Welcome back!

Check out videos from ZiggyD. He is good at explaining mechanics.

Are you playing the blight league?
Blight it is. Did see you online earlier.
Mechanics of this game still handicaps me.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Anyone on here experiencing horrible latency using Telkom Fixed LTE?

Usually my ping would be around 170-180ms with the 1800MHz band, and 200-210ms with the 2300MHz band. Since around two weeks ago it lies around 210-220ms with the 1800MHz band and 250-260ms on the 2300MHz band. This is to the London (EU) gateway.

HowTo

Expert Member
Anyone on here experiencing horrible latency using Telkom Fixed LTE?

Usually my ping would be around 170-180ms with the 1800MHz band, and 200-210ms with the 2300MHz band. Since around two weeks ago it lies around 210-220ms with the 1800MHz band and 250-260ms on the 2300MHz band. This is to the London (EU) gateway.
With fiber get 168ms.

With LTE I never got close to your numbers always above 200ms.

PhireSide

Executive Member
With fiber get 168ms.

With LTE I never got close to your numbers always above 200ms.
So strangely enough it seems as if my latency has improved somewhat - it's now hovering between 182 and 196 ms, still on Telkom LTE: