MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

Archer

Honorary Master
There is something endearing about how awkward much of the presentation is

/crosses fingers they've figured out a way to make endgame more tactical in PoE2

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I watched every stream and piece of content available from Exilecon over the weekend. My thoughts:

- POE 2 has much better textures and physics. This will probably attract a bunch of new players. Once thing they still should work on though (which will make the combat feel a lot better) is the attack animations for melee and the on death animations for mobs. There needs to be some rag doll type physics when hitting things and when they die to make combat feel more fluid.

- The new skill gem system where you can have 8+ 6Ls is going to require a massive rebalance. So hopefully they rework a lot of skills. Right now I can see all skills with duration being OP as you can stack them up and have all active at once. Spell builds have a lot of such options. eg. Brand + Spell Totem + Orb of Storms + Frost Bomb to name a few. You could add these 4 x 6L to any spell build and deal multiple times more damage that you can do right now vs bosses. So bosses are going to have to have lots more HP so that they don't die in 1 second. This new multiple 6L system is going to make these addon duration based skills mandatory for every build. which is not always a good thing. Minions also get a huge boost. They might also nerf skills like Brands and Spell Totem to make them non-mandatory but that will make playing a pure Brand or Spell Totem build non-viable so this whole new system has the potential to kill build diversity I think. I wouldn't want totems to be mandatory on every build (even melee and ranged) but with the new skill system they would be as you can get at least 3 totems on a 6L which will at least double dps for any build. So not sure what they will do when it comes to all these skills.

- However I think the new multiple 6L system will help new players and improve player retention significantly. I think a lot of people currently quit POE after trying it because they chose some crappy (melee) skill and thought that that is all the game has to offer. The whole linking/socketing system and cost early on is tough for new players so it's hard for them to try out many skills. With the new system they'll be able to try out many different skills quickly and easily.

- Trigger type builds might be too good so they will be nerfed somehow. Don't think they will allow 6L Poets Pen, Cospri's Malice or Mjolnir builds. Nerf might be too harsh and make these trigger builds non-viable.

- I thought the mobile game was a meme but it looks decent and I will try it out for sure.

- I think they are overdoing it with the power/item creep as this is slowly killing build diversity over time. Eg. In 3.9 you can boost your HP (and other mods) on rings to levels never seen before. This has the knock-on effect of making uniques worse and worse over time as uniques usually don't have HP. Uniques are what create interesting builds in POE and these keep getting worse compared to rare gear. You'll be able to get +2 skills rare amulets as well so why ever bother making that interesting build with a build defining amulet when you can get a rare amulet with lots of damage and life as well. This rare item power creep has been going on for years but now it's going up too fast I think. Making builds with all rare items is boring/limiting I feel as you're just the same as every other build and the only thing that differentiates you is your skill gems. This is were the game is heading if they give too much power to rare items as you can get 6k life easy if you use all rares but if you use a few uniques then it's hard to get above 4.5k hp and this difference keeps increasing over time.

- They never are going to decrease the clear speed we have as they don't want to lose players. So the fast game is here to stay. They are focusing on harder bosses with more HP and interesting mechanics but mapping will always be zoom zoom. They are also reducing the skill visuals so that the screen clutter we have now is not going to be so bad.

- These new bosses who hit hard and require careful dodging might put us at a disadvantage in SA with the 200ms ping. I can foresee us 200ms ping guys having a tough time if every boss has one-shot potential and requires careful movement.

Last edited:

Archer

Honorary Master
- POE 2 has much better textures and physics. This will probably attract a bunch of new players. Once thing they still should work on though (which will make the combat feel a lot better) is the attack animations for melee and the on death animations for mobs. There needs to be some rag doll type physics when hitting things and when they die to make combat feel more fluid.

- I think they are overdoing it with the power/item creep as this is slowly killing build diversity over time. Eg. In 3.9 you can boost your HP (and other mods) on rings to levels never seen before. This has the knock-on effect of making uniques worse and worse over time as uniques usually don't have HP. Uniques are what create interesting builds in POE and these keep getting worse compared to rare gear. You'll be able to get +2 skills rare amulets as well so why ever bother making that interesting build with a build defining amulet when you can get a rare amulet with lots of damage and life as well. This rare item power creep has been going on for years but now it's going up too fast I think. Making builds with all rare items is boring/limiting I feel as you're just the same as every other build and the only thing that differentiates you is your skill gems. This is were the game is heading if they give too much power to rare items as you can get 6k life easy if you use all rares but if you use a few uniques then it's hard to get above 4.5k hp and this difference keeps increasing over time.

- They never are going to decrease the clear speed we have as they don't want to lose players. So the fast game is here to stay. They are focusing on harder bosses with more HP and interesting mechanics but mapping will always be zoom zoom. They are also reducing the skill visuals so that the screen clutter we have now is not going to be so bad.
I doubt they'd would invest time and effort into rag doll physics type stuff as most mobs are instantly popping due to whatever on kill mechanic is in use. But yes, it does look a good few levels better

This is a weird yes and no from me. Yes rares are getting more powerful, but shaper/elder items will essentially be gone. So I imagine the power levels will be similar but different. Like no more Assassins mark on hit rings, but instead you have boosted stats of your choosing. Which could be great, one of my favourite builds only used two rare rings to try squeeze in almost all of my resists. So like if 6k HP is the baseline, getting a bit more life on all rares could enable you to squeeze another unique into the build

I'm fine with zoom zoom mapping as long as the boss is indeed more tactical AND has the rewards to go along with it. To be fair we already have this (tactical boss fights), it's just too easy to trivialise them with DPS

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I doubt they'd would invest time and effort into rag doll physics type stuff as most mobs are instantly popping due to whatever on kill mechanic is in use. But yes, it does look a good few levels better

This is a weird yes and no from me. Yes rares are getting more powerful, but shaper/elder items will essentially be gone. So I imagine the power levels will be similar but different. Like no more Assassins mark on hit rings, but instead you have boosted stats of your choosing. Which could be great, one of my favourite builds only used two rare rings to try squeeze in almost all of my resists. So like if 6k HP is the baseline, getting a bit more life on all rares could enable you to squeeze another unique into the build

I'm fine with zoom zoom mapping as long as the boss is indeed more tactical AND has the rewards to go along with it. To be fair we already have this (tactical boss fights), it's just too easy to trivialise them with DPS
The don't need to do full on rag-doll. Maybe have 3 different randomized death animations for mobs. Currently (and in 4.0) every single mob of the same type falls and dies exactly the same way. Very noticeable on big packs when you don't shatter or explode things.

All existing mods in the game will still be around. Old Shaper/Elder mods will be available from one of the other 4 new regions/bosses in 3.9, plus new mods not currently available. I don't really have a problem with this. Just that uniques keep falling behind to the point of them not being considered. eg. Say I want to use https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Circle_of_Nostalgia_(Synthesised) on one of my builds. It has no life so I miss out on a few hundred HP which is lost forever on the build as life on gear is mandatory wherever possible. With the game being made more difficult with things hitting harder, life/HP is going to become more important.

Zoom zoom is fine too though we do have limitations in SA because of the high ping. When you go too fast with movement skills you often desync especially when passing through doorways or narrow areas.

Regarding bosses, it seems like they will go the phased boss route where you do 1/3 damage and then enter another boss phase. Many people don't like this but I think it's the only option they have to make fights interesting when there are builds that can kill every boss in the game in less than 1 second. So more Chamber of Innocence/ Kitava type boss fights expected with a lot of dodging of big hits required.

Personally, I don't like things hitting us too hard where we get one-shot if we don't dodge. In Diablo 2 for example, I don't recall anything with one-shot ability. If you were a good player you could get through the game without dying fairly comfortably as you would have time to react after you got hit. I can see where GGG has a problem in balancing this part of the game though as the life/ES sustain is way too high for some builds so those builds will never die if nothing can hit hard enough to one-shot.

Last edited:

HowTo

Expert Member
Hello want some type of answer.
I play currently "Spectres Solar Guards" and "Raise Zombies"
I have selected EE from tree.

If I play the game EE does not show up will playing. Need to find out why.
Seen some YouTube videos and it show while person is playing.

I need to find out what I'm doing wrong. Please Help.
Did a loot of reading on the web still no Answer. Following Ziz build.
Extract:
"Only you can proc EE, your minions can't. Ziz uses lightning so his solar guards fire dmg gets buffed. "
I use Ball Lightning not on wand but gloves.

Then others say use this.

Wand
"Trigger socketed spells" I don't want to waste currency if not required.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member

Extract:
"Only you can proc EE, your minions can't. Ziz uses lightning so his solar guards fire dmg gets buffed. "

Wand

EE is a debuff on mobs. So you will never have or see it active on your character. It's just a -50% resistance debuff that gets applied to mobs when you hit them (similar to curses but different).

Kilerhotdog

I think Until this happens I will mostly take a break from POE.

I don't know what happend, but ever since Legion my desyncs have become worse and worse. The feeling when you flame dash and then 2 seconds later you are dead at your previous location, is really a heart breaking scenario.

I mean I don't mind not having the perfect ping or whatever, but when other games at the same latency plays way better it is hard to justify playing POE. Diablo 3 I have higher latency yet i never feel like I have that high of a latency.

If they can just improve the predictive mode or revert it back to how it was before Legion that would be nice

Rant over

Besides all that POE is a great game that I throughly enjoyed and don't regret the 120$ I spent on it at all

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I'll try POE out on the PS4 in December. Got a 3 week holiday with no PC.

Think I'll have to use some easy to play build like Armageddon Brand+Ignite. Elementalist class with lots of golems should make it strong.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

Extract:

Wand
Make sure that you don't hit with all 3 elements. Check all your gear to make sure that you don't have anything that adds a 3d element.

HowTo

Expert Member
Make sure that you don't hit with all 3 elements. Check all your gear to make sure that you don't have anything that adds a 3d element.
Laptop is in for repair. Which is better add cold damage 4-16 or % elemental damage.