MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Had a build idea I wanted to test out. Made it and tested in Standard yesterday. All out defense build but it has little dps.

It has:

- boosted fortify for 30% damage reduction
- 40% Mind Over Matter
- 82% block chance always up (both attack and spell block)
- helmet, shield and amulet has reflect damage and recovers life when things hit
- uses the 3 counterattacks which also deal double damage with Gladiator.

Tested it in a few T15 maps yesterday and it pretty much could AFK. Only danger is damage over time which cannot be blocked (bleed, cold/poison ground). This is zdps build though but was interesting to make. If I can figure out a way to deal more damage it should be much better.

Archer

Honorary Master
If you watched ExileCon for the Twitch drops, seems like they are still filtering through - I got my first one today o_O

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Had a build idea I wanted to test out. Made it and tested in Standard yesterday. All out defense build but it has little dps.

It has:

- boosted fortify for 30% damage reduction
- 40% Mind Over Matter
- 82% block chance always up (both attack and spell block)
- helmet, shield and amulet has reflect damage and recovers life when things hit
- uses the 3 counterattacks which also deal double damage with Gladiator.

Tested it in a few T15 maps yesterday and it pretty much could AFK. Only danger is damage over time which cannot be blocked (bleed, cold/poison ground). This is zdps build though but was interesting to make. If I can figure out a way to deal more damage it should be much better.

Made some tweaks to this build. Dropped Mind Over Matter and also went for bleed stacking + bleed explosions. It seems to be viable for endgame mapping as packs just instantly explode with Pestilent Strike + Binos poison spread and bleed explosions. Bossing is a bit slow but I still managed to kill T16 Hydra deathless on first attempt after a few minutes.

Pestilent Strike applies a debuff which spreads all poisons when something dies. So I just use it to get Fortify and made it as big an AOE as possible with Ancestral Call and Melee Splash on a 4L.

Archer

Honorary Master
Looks like a cracker of a league this time! I'm actually quite keen on trying to get through all content. I'm on holiday though, so please keep some levelling gear for me and I'll keep my fingers crossed that Eksdom doesn't interfere :)

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I go on holiday from Friday and will only be back next year so no league for me. Don't have a gaming laptop but will have access to a PS4. Thought about installing POE on the PS4 but trading and storing currency/maps with the 4 default tabs will be too much effort it seems and I don't want to buy tabs just for a few weeks.

POE has a big block to new players who don't buy tabs. Playing is too much effort without at least a currency tab, map tab, and premium tab(s) to sell stuff.

Nod

Executive Member
Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688226/page/1
The realm goes down and patching begins at: Dec 13, 2019 7:00 PM (GMT+2)
The servers go live at: Dec 13, 2019 10:00 PM (GMT+2)

The above times are displayed in your local time zone. You'll need to be logged into your account to see these. To change your local time, go to "My Account", "Manage Account" and "Edit Preferences".

If the timezone is displaying incorrectly for you, please disregard the above timer and refer to the countdown on the front page. Three hours before the end of the countdown, the realm will go down and patching will begin. When the countdown ends, the servers will be live and you'll be able to join the Metamorph League!

The patch size for the update will be around 5GB on the standalone client and 12GB on Steam. We've also made a torrent available for this update. Please keep in mind that this method, while available earlier, makes it a larger update as it includes all the existing client content. When patching begins for Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas you'll also have a few remaining files that you'll need to update to.

You can find the torrent here. This torrent only includes the GGPK file, so you'll need to copy it into your actual install folder once the patching server is up, no earlier than three hours before Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas launches. Please note that you can't use this GGPK file with the Steam client.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Fun league, took some adjusting but I like the new atlas. It forces you to play a bunch of different maps.
RIP Shaped strats.
Awakener was a fun fight, too bad the loot I got was trash :O

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I'm playing a bit on Ps4. Not yet in maps as have only played a few hours and the league launched early on Tuesday. Seems like there are a not a lot of Ps4 players as I was first to enter a few vaal side areas in act 3 and act 4 over 12 hours after league start. That will never happen on pc.

Playing SSF Elementalist with Storm Brand + Orb of Storms as they're decent at killing things from far away whilst I run around. In act 8 now and haven't died yet so it seems to be working.

Archer

Honorary Master
I'm going to try my hand at melee this league (I hope to start the league tomorrow night) :ROFL: so if anyone is willing to dump some melee levelling gear in the stash that would be awesome

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Started a character in the league on PC last weekend because I theorycrafted a new Gladiator build focused on defenses.

- 50k evasion
- max block and spell block (82% but not up all the time)
- max dodge and spell dodge
- triple curse with enfeeble, temp chains, despair
- perma fortify
- a few other defensive things like chance to avoid damage, flesh and stone less damage, perma blind on everything, phasing almost always up, cwdt immortal call.

The hard part was getting damage whilst getting all these things. Thought about a few skills/items/combos but eventually found a way with Viper Strike whilst using Arakaali Fang dagger. PoB dps is a few million.

Will post full build in POE forums once I level up and get all my BIS items or the prices will increase. I've also never really built an evasion/dodge based character and it feels OP almost and much better than I thought it would. I literally don't even remember using a life flask at all, even against metamorphs/bosses and I'm lvl69 now.

Pack clear is also decent as Viper Strike one shots half the screen with Ancestral Call + Melee Splash. For max single target dps I can just swap these supports out for Multistrike and Melee Physical Damage.

The math:

- Just stacking max block and max dodge is insane on it's own. With 82% block and 75% dodge, any spell/attack has only 18% x 25% = 4.5% chance to hit me.

- Then if it is an attack, the 4.5% of hits gets rolled against my 50k evasion before they actually hit. I am also reducing accuracy of mobs with enfeeble, blind and dread banner. So I evade about 90% of attacks. So chance of an attack hitting me = 4.5% x 10% = 0.45%

- Things are also slowed with temp chains so they attack less often.

- Then I also have some chance to avoid damage which is over and above dodge/evasion

- Then if the spell/attack hits, the damage gets reduced with fortify and enfeeble (and also other things not always up like immortal call + flesh and stone from ranged mobs)

Build is made possible with the 1 alch new shield: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mistwall

Last edited:

HowTo

Expert Member
Hi
I have one concern. We should share cost to get Atlas completed.
I have 6 towers completed. The snag currently is need to do other two towers (Watch Towers).
I have run map on map in that region to get Conquer to spawn. It is not the case anymore (3 or so map) he will not show his face after 3rd map attempt. In one area I have spend more then 7 maps and no Conquer yet.
This become frustrating, did the 4 outer areas then started the inner 4 areas. 2 completed.

The other problems is the outer areas have changed color two time now. Get the Conquer and no loot?
I don't know the person that helped me took all the loot?
After the 5th watch tower Sirus spawned for the second time. Some streamer helped me to get him killed.

So how many times does Sirus appear? in this new atlas.
Map completion 150/154 151/154 and 58/154 83/154 Awakening Bonus.

Busy running maps i neglected to add Awakening Bonus. Should have done this long time ago when i was running those maps. Now i have to fork out some more currency. At least maps came down in price.
What i noticed so far if you in Awakening level 1 or 5 map drops are the same. Sometimes 5 maps other times 1 map.
Does not make sense.

Last edited:

Magnarmalok

Expert Member
Hi
I have one concern. We should share cost to get Atlas completed.
I have 6 towers completed. The snag currently is need to do other two towers (Watch Towers).
I have run map on map in that region to get Conquer to spawn. It is not the case anymore (3 or so map) he will not show his face after 3rd map attempt. In one area I have spend more then 7 maps and no Conquer yet.
This become frustrating, did the 4 outer areas then started the inner 4 areas. 2 completed.

The other problems is the outer areas have changed color two time now. Get the Conquer and no loot?
I don't know the person that helped me took all the loot?
After the 5th watch tower Sirus spawned for the second time. Some streamer helped me to get him killed.

So how many times does Sirus appear? in this new atlas.
Map completion 150/154 and 58/154 Awakening Bonus.
After completing 4 full watchtowers, you get your first Sirius spawn, from there onwards it's all based upon RNGif the 4 conq's will spawn for you (before the 4 watch towers were completed, it was mostly guaranteed) As soon as you've done a cycle of all 4 again, Sirius will spawn once again.

HowTo

Expert Member
After completing 4 full watchtowers, you get your first Sirius spawn, from there onwards it's all based upon RNGif the 4 conq's will spawn for you (before the 4 watch towers were completed, it was mostly guaranteed) As soon as you've done a cycle of all 4 again, Sirius will spawn once again.
Mine did after 4 watch-towers completed. Then once I completed the 5th watch-tower he spawned again.

That is why I ask the stupid questions. What you read up does not correspond.

Now after the patch. My conquer appeared again in a area that was marked (left bottom other on right top also no loot.). This was two of the completed watch-towers. Still need to do other two. Middle left bottom and middle left top. Talking about inner circle. (These are the Areas i need to do Tirn's End and Valdo's Rest} It says 4-sockest need to be filled,i did. I used more then 7 maps in Tirn's End and still no Conquer.
Tirn's End color has changed.

Maps don't drop in abundance as some of the gamers or streamers report. (150/154 and Awakening 61/154)
Using Chisel, simple sextant and Vaal orb it.

My map drops are even way of the map I'm running. Even get T3 maps. So frustrating. I'm continually buying maps.
Loots of currency I'm using.

Last edited:

HowTo

Expert Member
Hello

So far done (151/154 and Awakening bonus (100/154 )(102/154). Think im done trying to level other Watchtower.
Tirn's End did change color a way back. Still no Conquer.
The other one Valdo's Rest did spawn a Conquer. Did it once there after none.
Using Chisel *2 on red maps and yellow one, simple sextant on all 4 Watchstones and Vaal orb it.

So looking at stats Deaths 461 if i do it 300 * -10% XP=Meaning 30 Xp levels lost. My boet no wonder you stuck on Lvl93.

Last edited:

Archer

Honorary Master
Well my Atlas is fubar - spawned a conqueror only to never see him again. It's probably been like 30 maps in that area with no luck, and none of the other areas will spawn someone. Maybe it's time to reroll and wait for a magical patch to fix it :p

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Didn't have much time to play so I've only unlocked up to T4 so far. Sad to say there was one death, but it was from offscreen Detonate Dead in a Poorjoys map where mobs have boosted HP. Not much I could do there except hope I block/dodge. Other than that I rarely ever take damage or have come close to dying and have facetanked everything else so far. Clear speed is also very fast (faster than my normal builds) now that I have Uber lab and Challenger charges for the more attack/movement speed. The real test will be facetanking bosses/metamorphs in red maps.

Edit: Damage taken numbers. Most defensive I've ever built:

Just need to pump up chaos resistances now.

Last edited: