MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
Timtips still best place to go looking for a cheap build?

You're going to be hard pressed finding a cheap build that can do the new league mechanic; it's brutal.

This league got hit hard with the nerf bat. My go-to currency maker got absolutely gutted so I'm having both a hard and frustrating time making any sort of headway.

I'll probably finish the Atlas and put PoE in the bin after this. It's becoming too much of a time sink and I don't agree with the direction the game is going in.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
You're going to be hard pressed finding a cheap build that can do the new league mechanic; it's brutal.

This league got hit hard with the nerf bat. My go-to currency maker got absolutely gutted so I'm having both a hard and frustrating time making any sort of headway.

I'll probably finish the Atlas and put PoE in the bin after this. It's becoming too much of a time sink and I don't agree with the direction the game is going in.
I'm playing with another two people; I've settled on the gladiator blead split arrow and puncture for now.

see

Aghori

Honorary Master

I left Po|E temporarily for Diablo 2 (PD2). Diablo 2 Remastered will be out in a few months so I'm getting back into my builds and stuff.

Forum Reader

Penance Brand ignite with Elementalist and golem stacking can do over 10mill total damage ignites with leveling gear and a few uniques. Just need a few uniques which are cheap now.

- Primordial Chain amulet
- Anima Stone x1
- Primordial Eminence x2
- Gloves with 25% phys to lightning conversion
- Rest of gear just life+resists. Can use any 6L body armour.

Here's what I had on day 2 of the league. 16mill ignites with gear I found during leveling. Just bought the uniques I needed (and the conversion gloves). Everything else was found or a few chaos. I used a 6L Cloak of Flames because they were going for 15c on day 2 and the extra ignite duration does help in trials. I was doing breachstones with this trash gear at lvl85 and one-shotting the bosses.

If you want to know what to sort of aim for with above average gear in each slot, here's someones guide with 32mill ignites:

Will definitely use as league starter again. Having 9 golems is also fun.

Last edited:

Forum Reader

Forgot to mention. Use Armageddon Brand to level up until maps and Uber Lab. Build is the same until then except ignore any lighting damage nodes and Elemental Equilibrium. Then get the gloves and EE after you get Uber Lab to get the Shock node from Elementalist and switch to Penance Brand. Armageddon Brand tops out at 1mill to 2mill ignites which is still good enough for mapping, but it won't one shot bosses. Also make sure you have no added fire damage to spells when switching to EE or it won't work.

Last edited:

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
Got annoyed with not being able to progress past T13 maps.

Rerolled into a Hollow Palm IB Raider. Was looking for something to do all content on about a 5ex budget.

I gotta say, this is by far the best levelling I have had bar none. On Act 9 now and I 1 shot everything. Build is also nice and fast.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Strangest thing - since the new performance patch my latency is now consistently 140ms to 150ms?

1625670384904.png

Wonder if this is just a UI bug. Cant see how this would be possible... Unless they seriously optimized their netcode or summin?

RunningFromFat

I feel for the people that no tries to play HC.
Lmao that's me but I'm retarded. 200 ping and the desync from movement skills is annoying. But I don't enjoy sc, I enjoy the thrill. How is everyones league going? Reddit is full of negativity.

Archer

Honorary Master
This league doesn't seem interesting to me so giving it a skip. So depending on your point of view my league is going perfectly :p

Forum Reader

I'm taking a long break from the game after playing for a bit. Damage nerfs are fine but increasing mana costs and giving us fewer ways to deal with ailments (ascendancy nerfs) whilst nerfing flasks is too much all at once. Will go back in a year or so when there are more ways to negate the increased mana costs and ailment issues.

RunningFromFat

I'm taking a long break from the game after playing for a bit. Damage nerfs are fine but increasing mana costs and giving us fewer ways to deal with ailments (ascendancy nerfs) whilst nerfing flasks is too much all at once. Will go back in a year or so when there are more ways to negate the increased mana costs and ailment issues.
I'm lvl 80 sweep impale champion in ssfhc. I definitely feel like I'm getting hit harder and have less dps, but lvl 80 is still young and I can get stronger.

Forum Reader

It's the increased mana costs for everything that's probably the worst. For example, I previously had the following constantly going off every couple seconds on my build by "holding" down the button as they are instant skills:

- a 3L Vortex to lay down chilled ground, and get frenzy charges with Ice Bite and BoneChill.
- a 3L Immortal Call linked to Arcane Surge and Increased Duration which would be up about 60% of the time and give me perma Arcane Surge.

The mana cost of this setup was already quite high. I couldn't sustain these going off all the time and also using my main skill for more than 2 seconds. With the 3.15 increase in mana costs, it's even worse. And this is not even taking into account other skills you may want to weave into gameplay like movement skills or curses.

Increased mana costs reduces diversity as we cannot weave in cool stuff like the above into our builds anymore without huge mana investment which ultimately makes it not worth it.