MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Just buy a supporter pack:

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

If I hadn't recently had a 20K accident, I'd be purchasing an Axiom Pack myself, which I will get in the future.

A game worth supporting, in my opinion, and you can buy some sweet micro-transactions, which look awesome.

Hmm, I did get The Witcher 3 at less than I was budgeting for, and, as you say, it's worth supporting...

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Hmm, I did get The Witcher 3 at less than I was budgeting for, and, as you say, it's worth supporting...

The 30 Dollar pack amounts to just about any other mid-tier game price in any event. I've spent more than that on the game already, just buying random micro-transactions.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
The 30 Dollar pack amounts to just about any other mid-tier game price in any event. I've spent more than that on the game already, just buying random micro-transactions.

Trigger pulled 10 minutes ago :D

copacetic

King of the Hippies
But you can, it seems buy supporter pack and still play via steam..

Of course.

I possibly misread animal531's post as suggesting you would find the game crap, and want a refund?

You can play the beta on steam, just not get a refund for the pack you bought (unless there is a pressing reason, and this would have to happen entirely separately from Steam).

In other news, let me know when you are going to try the beta - I'd like to join you with a new character, since there was a patch today.

animal531

Expert Member
Hehe I was just joking :)
I tried it once but didn't find myself a super-fan, but if you're enjoying it then its all good.

I'll try it again when the expansion thing hits, it might be more fun to play with people I know.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Hehe I was just joking :)
I tried it once but didn't find myself a super-fan, but if you're enjoying it then its all good.

I'll try it again when the expansion thing hits, it might be more fun to play with people I know.
Too easy to troll you mate, too easy :)

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Of course.

I possibly misread animal531's post as suggesting you would find the game crap, and want a refund?

You can play the beta on steam, just not get a refund for the pack you bought (unless there is a pressing reason, and this would have to happen entirely separately from Steam).

In other news, let me know when you are going to try the beta - I'd like to join you with a new character, since there was a patch today.

Downloaded last night - will try to play a bit tonight

I presume that you are playing on the London (EU) server.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Downloaded last night - will try to play a bit tonight

I presume that you are playing on the London (EU) server.

Yes indeed I am. I think Frankfurt is a teeny bit closer, but it had jittery issues initially.

Archer

Honorary Master
Finished normal over the weekend. Piety was kind of easy, Dominus not so much :p But I face tanked him the last 30% or so, minions were distracting him so I just thought screw it. Finished the fight just as every potion ran out :D And of course neither of them dropped anything useful

Tree looks alright to me so far? - Linky
Thinking I'm going to keep heading down on the left side to pick up more element damage, life, res and mana regen (another linky)

SoulTax

Executive Member
Finished normal over the weekend. Piety was kind of easy, Dominus not so much :p But I face tanked him the last 30% or so, minions were distracting him so I just thought screw it. Finished the fight just as every potion ran out :D And of course neither of them dropped anything useful

Tree looks alright to me so far? - Linky
Thinking I'm going to keep heading down on the left side to pick up more element damage, life, res and mana regen (another linky)

Ye go and dig into the Templar tree now. Those Elemental nodes and the HP nodes are some of the best on the tree. After that, move over to the Shadow tree most likely. But that is for later.

EDIT: What spell are you using that requires the AOE talents, btw?

Last edited:

Archer

Honorary Master
Ye go and dig into the Templar tree now. Those Elemental nodes and the HP nodes are some of the best on the tree. After that, move over to the Shadow tree most likely. But that is for later.

EDIT: What spell are you using that requires the AOE talents, btw?

Just using fireball, nice easy spell for a first timer I thought. With LGP the AOE should overlap and be a slight damage boost... I think :p Didn't think the other path options were viable (I just wanted the HP+mana boost)

Dabbled with firestorm as well, but in A3 I found I didn't want to be stuck that long, feels like it has a long cast time

SoulTax

Executive Member
Just using fireball, nice easy spell for a first timer I thought. With LGP the AOE should overlap and be a slight damage boost... I think :p Didn't think the other path options were viable (I just wanted the HP+mana boost)

Dabbled with firestorm as well, but in A3 I found I didn't want to be stuck that long, feels like it has a long cast time

Ye that should work. For some easy mana regen. Spend 3 points and get the (First point off the right hand witch starter branch) talent that gives 14 ES and 25% Mana Regen.
Then spend 2 more to get "Deep Thoughts". In total it gives 28% mana and 20% mana regen for those two points. Well worth it if you are finding any mana issues at all. It is located just below the large Fire branch in the north of the tree.

SoulTax

Executive Member
Try this Link

Some small bits of advice your tree, if you want it.

The above link goes to a much better skill tree builder. It gives you a breakdown of your stats and allows you to assign points much quicker, by letting you click on any node and it will pick the shortest path to get there. (That shortest path is not always the best, but it is handy.

The other thing I might suggest as a very small change to the way you assign your points. If you look into the difference between the link I gave you, and the one that you had. You will notice two very small changes.
1) The life+mana nodes on the right of your Witch starter. I only spent 3 points in order to get the large keystone. I left the 4th point out for now.
2) The same with the Life+Chaos resistance nodes. I spent 2 to get the keystone, and leave the other 2 points for later.

The thinking behind this is that you shouldn't need the extra 4% life whilst leveling. What you rather want to do is dive around the tree picking up all of those juicy keystone nodes as early as possible.
Build your Skeleton first then worry about fleshing out the muscle in the late game.

Archer

Honorary Master
No mana regen issues (can hurl 10-15 fireballs nonstop before need a potion), just the total is an issue since clarity eats up so much of it. But am on the verge of being able to add another aura, just need another 150 mana I reckon. But that is to add all res, which for Act 1 cruel I dont see myself needing right away