MyBBCT Braai Day! 27 October 2012!

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Come one, come all!

NB!! Check this OP for updates:

Hi folks.

Venue is now confirmed to be the Uthango Braai area at Silvermine.
The rental of the venue has been sorted.
There is however a R25 Gate Fee per person.
We've got the area from 10am till 5pm.

It's central for most, out of the way for some, but its still in CPT and gives us the most room for freedom without having any annoying neighbours.

Braai wood and charcoal is catered for on the day.
So please bring along your meat, beverages, salads, plates and whatever else you need to make your day comfortable.
There's plenty of seating and tables, one nice big braai pit.
NB! Bring a braai grid along as well - the facility doesn't have any - so we'll need our own.

How to get there:

-34.087371,18.420142 are the co-ordinates for the parking area.

Driving directions from the North (Town):

Come down with the M3 all the way till the end, the Westlake turnoff, turn right.
Continue on, 2nd traffic light has an exit to the left onto Ou Kaapse Weg. Up the mountain and as you crest you'll find a road to the right along with signage for Silvermine Nature Reserve and Reservoir.
Drive along till you get to the Gate, pay the gate fee, swing immediately left onto a bit of dirt road and the parking area.
Park your car, follow the path till it forks, bear right, continue till the public toilets and there'll be a shaded area to the left, with a little bridge over the stream into the braai area.

If all else fails, ask the dude/ette at the Gate about Uthango ;)

PS! A lawn/camp chair and a sun umbrella couldn't hurt your cause on the day either :)

See you then :)

Any Q's. please feel free ask away.

Dr.JohnZoidberg has offered to be the "Braai Master" on the day. ;)
Also, he may have a challenge coming in from BraaiBoy - keep punting that abzo! :twisted:

You know the deal:
Discussions here, drop your name in here if you're attending - families and SO's welcome.

List of attendees:

Shake&Bake
VernD
cerebus?
morkhans +1
Datura
cbrunsdonza + (he's still doing the math on that) :)
Devill
samr1wp +1
DrJohnZoidberg
akescpt
BraaiBoy
shubz
MrG +1
Chrissy +2
nightjar

Oh, PS! As AvatarS is having a birthday in the month. She's getting cake and expects presents.
Happy now? :p

Happy now? :rolleyes:

Also! *drum roll*
There will be a nifty prize up for grabs, with the kind compliments of rpm and MyBB. (Big thanks!)
MyBB Gear (T's and Peak Caps) for all on the day. (while stocks last)

If you wanna see what's in store - have a look at morkhans' photo album from our last visit there.

Link

Last edited:

_Hecate_

Expert Member
Oh and i'm the title holder of "Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock Champion" :D

VernD

Executive Member
Count me in !!!

Still got MyBB shirts from last time to get rid of.

Big people especially welcome because the sizes are all large. To those coming, bring your big friends with :D

tcofran

Expert Member
Where can i get information for a Pta / JHB braai / get together ?

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I think I can make this one. Booked it in my calendar.