MyBroadband Awards 2011 winners announced

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I have an unshaped 50GB account, and for the last 3-4 days I have been unable to download via BitTorrent @ more than 17 k p/s on a 4mb line. I purchased a 1GB top-up with WebAfrica last night for a comparison and it munched away @ ~390 k p/s. Full speeds. I got a reply from Afrihost this am saying it's a latency issue but my web browsing, FTP upoads / downloads are the same as they always are so that rationale makes little sense. I've followed-up again this evening with Afrihost support and said in no uncertain terms if it's not rectified by tomorrow lunch I will be terminating the account and will go back to the ISP I've had for 7 years, WebAfrica (I've only been with Afrihost for ~3 months). As stated, I have an *unshaped* account with 22GB remaining! I also will push for a pro-rata refund if they can't fix my torrent situation as this is why I opted for a 50GB package in the first place, and if the service is unusable, then how am I meant to consume the full bandwidth?
Hmm, I have the same account, but it is running just fine here.
Torrents and News Downloads all chugging away at 420 kbps.

saliehendricks

@fusion where are you based?

Have the same package and this week have been having latency issues too. Downloads are fine for me though.

On another note,

I bought 5 11Gb for R11 specials and was capped after I went through my initial 50Gb account and the first 11Gb. Contacted them and I was told only 1 per person. Then why did you let me buy 5!!!!!!!!! Now I am capped!! Refund yes, BUT CAPPED!!!

fusion01

Hmm, I have the same account, but it is running just fine here.
Torrents and News Downloads all chugging away at 420 kbps.
All went back to 'normal' a few days later. Interesting your mention of 420 kbps, I used to often get that with WebAfrica (when I was using IS bandwidth) but since Afrihost (same IS utilisation) I get approx 350 kbps and it fluctuates quite wildly but nowhere near 400. I've tried both my Netgear and Linksys routers and no difference. But I'd need to do side-by-side comparisons in more-depth to truly validate this assumption. At 350 I'm happy anyway - not sure what on earth happened there over those couple of days but it did get rectified on its own accord!