MyBroadband Super Rugby Competition 2018

bokka1

Expert Member
Sorry, I posted here as everyone did it last week. I will PM it next time.

Now don't go copy my picks. ☺️

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Haha, I agree! It was hell last year not knowing what your nearest opponents had put as their picks. Tricksy little hobbitses! :D

Weekly picks must have some anonymity should the player wish to do so, other players can easily gamble on other picks when the margins tighten up.

As Agent_Smith mentioned, it's part of the fun knowing how much closer or further away your opponents get by the week. An anon comp is boring as fark, why bother.

DanDango

Executive Member
Who has the Hurricanes kicking duties?

Last year I went with Beauden Barrett, but Murphy’s Law took that pick down, and I’m going again with him this year. I’m relying on the Canes to score tries and placing my hope on conversions, noting that Beauden is moer quick to score a couple tries as well.

Beauden Barrett was my first choice but All-blacks contracted players gets mandatory rest game in super rugby. Beauden Barrett will share kick duties with Jordie Barrett.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Beauden Barrett was my first choice but All-blacks contracted players gets mandatory rest game in super rugby. Beauden Barrett will share kick duties with Jordie Barrett.

Yes, Beauden will also miss the opening game due to other reasons, but Boyd is using it as an opportunity to tick it as a return-to-play protocol. First game to open the season, so I will gamble on the rustiness they and the Bulls may experience when it comes to goal kicking.

Remember, they have an option between Ihaia West and Jackson Garden-Bachop (which was Wellington’s top point scorer in the Mitre 10). I doubt that Jordie Barrett will do much kicking duty. West or Garden-Bachop will do the kicking in Beauden's absence.

Cray

Honorary Master
Highlanders v Blues Highlanders by 7
Rebels v Reds Reds by 3
Sunwolves v Brumbies Brumbies by 15
Crusaders v Chiefs Chiefs by 7
Waratahs v DHL Stormers Waratahs by 5
Emirates Lions v Jaguares Emirates Lions by 8
Vodacom Bulls v Hurricanes Hurricanes by 10

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
This weekend I’m gambling on the Sunwolves to win their opening game. The Brumbies are only short Pocock, but the team is strong. I am going on Jamie Joseph’s word that they will win all their home games against the Australians; besides it is going to be a cold day in Japan.

I am not sure about my other picks, all the Kiwi teams are strong selections, the derbies are going to be tight. Which team is stronger, Rebels or Reds, the pundits say the Rebels will rise? The Jaguares had great moments last weekend… John Mitchell understands Kiwi rugby…

Round 2 picks:

Highlanders by 5
Rebels by 10
Sunwolves by 5
Crusaders by 10
Waratahs by 10
Lions by 10
Hurricanes by 10

stepper

Expert Member
Round 2:
Blues by 3
Reds by 4
Brumbies by 18
Crusaders by 5
Waratahs by 8
Lions by 12
Bulls by 4

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Round 2:

Blues by 2
Reds by 5
Brumbies by 9
Crusaders by 4
Waratahs by 6
Emirates Lions by 13
Hurricanes by 15

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Highlanders v Blues Blues by 3
Rebels v Reds Reds by 4
Sunwolves v Brumbies Brumbies by 12
Crusaders v Chiefs Chiefs by 8
Waratahs v DHL Stormers Waratahs by 3
Emirates Lions v Jaguares Emirates Lions by 6
Vodacom Bulls v Hurricanes Hurricanes by 5

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Highlanders v Blues Blues by 1
Rebels v Reds Reds by 3
Sunwolves v Brumbies Brumbies by 3
Crusaders v Chiefs Crusaders by 3
Waratahs v DHL Stormers Waratahs by 2
Emirates Lions v Jaguares Emirates Lions by 3
Vodacom Bulls v Hurricanes Hurricanes by 4

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Highlanders by 5
Rebels by 5
Brumbies by 10
Crusaders by 6
Waratahs by 5
Emirates Lions by 13
Hurricanes by 11

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

I was also screwed by that. It effectively split the Hurricanes points between players ensuring they don't get near the top.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I was also screwed by that. It effectively split the Hurricanes points between players ensuring they don't get near the top.

It is a very hard call between the Kiwi teams, how many rest weeks are it now per All Black, 12? Which don't necessarily mean match weeks. Between all the kickers, Richie Mo'unga is probably the better pick and even he may be called up…

I am hoping that Beauden gets game time in high scoring games, but my money is on Christian Lealiifano to top the scoreboard.

For Beauden's sake,

https://sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/beauden-barrett-set-for-1000-points/

Barrett is currently two points shy of the milestone figure, and would become just the fourth player in the history of the competition to achieve this. The most impressive part - if he manages to reach the feat at any point this season, he will become the youngest player in Super Rugby history to rack up 1,000 points.

Devo1

Highlanders v Blues Highlanders by 4
Rebels v Reds Rebels by 6
Sunwolves v Brumbies Brumbies by 8
Crusaders v Chiefs Crusaders by 9
Waratahs v DHL Stormers DHL Stormers by 5
Emirates Lions v Jaguares Emirates Lions by 14
Vodacom Bulls v Hurricanes Vodacom Bulls by7

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Highlanders by 9
Reds by 6
Brumbies by 12
Crusaders by 8
Waratahs by 11
Lions by 14
Hurricanes by 10

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I think I were a bit too hasty with my Sunwolves call, but I’m going to stick to my guns. Jamie picked two Highlander old boys to carry the backline, selected his biggest boys possible to hold the Brumbies down at their set-pieces.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have posted most round 2 teams in the Super Rugby thread, the only teams TBA are the Bulls, Lions and Jaguares. For those interested.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I have posted most round 2 teams in the Super Rugby thread, the only teams TBA are the Bulls, Lions and Jaguares. For those interested.

Thanks. I see one of my fantasy picks (Jordie Barrett) isn't playing :(

Elton better have his radar tuned in this weekend!