mybroadband, viewing it for the first time without adblock .. oh.my.god

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I recently moved to internet explorer .. madness right?! I also downloaded the new bittorrent browser if that makes anyone feel a bit better.

This was primarily based on the case brought before google in the EU on monopoly abuses and the invasion of privacy based on the 17 article of the human rights charter. But whatever, moral objectives aside.. hell I smoke cigarettes so I am no budda , not even close. I just thought it was a good time to check out the other technologies that exist, but don't see much exposure because of the google principle . I was also having a very big issue with google's V8 engine and an extension that seemed to be abusing the fact that chrome has a javascript engine (o_O) . yeah that little language that was created in 11 days , that has proceeded to proliferate the internet , like an STD , creating a world of developers that have no idea what object-orientation means ... and now its on the server ... I wait with baited breath to see the world burn ;) anyways I am side-tracking here badly

So I installed internet explorer , I have been using bing, yahoo and DuckDuckgo . Which is fine I guess. If I want to explorer the web like a mad whip wielding indian jones type , I generally just use stumbleupon. Most of the useful resources are aggregated from people I follow, and newsletter from reputable sites.

But most of all .. the ads .. oh my ... the ads .. ads everywhere. I did not realize how bad it has become. Since I installed adblock about 2 years ago , ads just disappeared . Like the magical penicillin treating syphilis , all this noise driven like a hammer to bash your stull with the latest products that Kayne West is using to make his armpits smell like a summer morning breeze after a night of thunder .. were all gone with adblock .. And now it was back .

Long story short. IE does actually have an pluggable system, and there is a adblock plugin so the ads are gone again .. thank goodness.

introduction over .
OK.

Welcome.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
I'm sure there's a couple of other "I do drugs" threads .... no need to start a new one :whistling: :p

Calvin22580

I recently moved to internet explorer .. madness right?! I also downloaded the new bittorrent browser if that makes anyone feel a bit better.

This was primarily based on the case brought before google in the EU on monopoly abuses and the invasion of privacy based on the 17 article of the human rights charter. But whatever, moral objectives aside.. hell I smoke cigarettes so I am no budda , not even close. I just thought it was a good time to check out the other technologies that exist, but don't see much exposure because of the google principle . I was also having a very big issue with google's V8 engine and an extension that seemed to be abusing the fact that chrome has a javascript engine (o_O) . yeah that little language that was created in 11 days , that has proceeded to proliferate the internet , like an STD , creating a world of developers that have no idea what object-orientation means ... and now its on the server ... I wait with baited breath to see the world burn ;) anyways I am side-tracking here badly

So I installed internet explorer , I have been using bing, yahoo and DuckDuckgo . Which is fine I guess. If I want to explorer the web like a mad whip wielding indian jones type , I generally just use stumbleupon. Most of the useful resources are aggregated from people I follow, and newsletter from reputable sites.

But most of all .. the ads .. oh my ... the ads .. ads everywhere. I did not realize how bad it has become. Since I installed adblock about 2 years ago , ads just disappeared . Like the magical penicillin treating syphilis , all this noise driven like a hammer to bash your stull with the latest products that Kayne West is using to make his armpits smell like a summer morning breeze after a night of thunder .. were all gone with adblock .. And now it was back .

Long story short. IE does actually have an pluggable system, and there is a adblock plugin so the ads are gone again .. thank goodness.

introduction over .
[video=youtube;Uh7l8dx-h8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7l8dx-h8M[/video]

fourtron

Oh god .. You all are so welcoming here on mybroadband. Thanks some much for the accusations of being a drug addict , I feel so much better about myself right now. I was having a really tough day and thought I would just write a silly introduction because the site asked me on registration to introduce myself. But yeah ok .. cheers , hope you all have an awesome day .

Last edited:

zizo911

Executive Member
Oh god .. You all are so welcoming here on mybroadband. Thanks some much for the accusations of being a drug addict , I feel so much better about myself right now. I was having a really tough day and thought I would just write a silly introduction because the site asked me on registration to introduce myself. But yeah ok .. cheers , hope you all have an awesome day .
You welcome sir!!!

janplank

I wish one could disable that stupid newsletter registration popup every time I visit mybb. It's in your face all the time.