MyGica 495x any good?

Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post
I read that MyGica ATV495x was a good buy. Got one from Game for R1199 a couple of weeks ago. It works sort of but the KR-21 remote is unlike any I've seen on the net. Many of the functions don't work: the 4 coloured buttons do nothing, the mouse button takes me out of HDMI2 to TV, the up & down buttons scroll but also change the picture type at the same time, it is impossible to reach the search icon on the screen as there is no visible cursor etc. What am I missing please? It should be idiot proof and more fun to use.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
I read that MyGica ATV495x was a good buy. Got one from Game for R1199 a couple of weeks ago. It works sort of but the KR-21 remote is unlike any I've seen on the net. Many of the functions don't work: the 4 coloured buttons do nothing, the mouse button takes me out of HDMI2 to TV, the up & down buttons scroll but also change the picture type at the same time, it is impossible to reach the search icon on the screen as there is no visible cursor etc. What am I missing please? It should be idiot proof and more fun to use.
I only use that remote for a volume control. For the rest I use a wireless mouse.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Something wrong with your setup. The mouse button shows me a mouse cursor I can move. Would love the airmouse though.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Something wrong with your setup. The mouse button shows me a mouse cursor I can move. Would love the airmouse though.
I am also looking for an airmouse. Next time I'm in a China mall, I will see what I can find. Those available on BoB that I like are too expensive.

Same problems here. Very happy with my 1900pro but this model sucks. Remote basically does not work (also interferes with TV as it happens). Back in the box she goes. Will get another 1900pro I guess

Picked up the 495x from IC this weekend and very disappointed with the remote as it's essentially useless. Netflix is unusable with the remote and have to resort to using the ridiculous mouse cursor option. The "RemoteIME" app isn't much better but at least I can type a little easier. Overall not a good buy imho and will be returning it for a refund. probably better off with a Mi Box if I can find a reputable supplier.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Picked up the 495x from IC this weekend and very disappointed with the remote as it's essentially useless. Netflix is unusable with the remote and have to resort to using the ridiculous mouse cursor option. The "RemoteIME" app isn't much better but at least I can type a little easier. Overall not a good buy imho and will be returning it for a refund. probably better off with a Mi Box if I can find a reputable supplier.
Mi box only has wifi though.....

RodBulman

I bought a MyGica ATV 495X from Incredible Connection (Black Friday impulse). Its is connected to a LG 32LF20FR TV, I cannot get the Adjust Screen Position to adjust the screen position. It's all over on the left. The buttons on the remote do not seem to shift the screen and only Zoom the screen in and out. Any suggestions? (Apart from throwing the whole thing back at the nearest IC drone)

Last edited:

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Get rid of the POS. Seems like a range of MyGica units have major issues with the remotes. KR21, KR41etc on various units. I "own" 2x MyGica 582 units. The first is at MyGica as we speak to find out what causes this remote issue. The second will be going back to Makro once I get an answer from MyGica (Returned it via Takealot).

I am following discussions on the MyGica forum in the states regarding the remote issues. More and more people are reporting weird crap.

Have to say, so glad I replaced the POS with an Amazon Firestick. So much easier to manage and use. Easy to install VPN client onto it, and now my device is always 'in the US', with netflix working like a bomb. Amazon prime is not bad too! Everything just seems to work !!

genetic

Honorary Master
I have the 495x connected to my 4K TV and have had absolutely no issues with it. Works like a charm.

fbman

Get rid of the POS. Seems like a range of MyGica units have major issues with the remotes. KR21, KR41etc on various units. I "own" 2x MyGica 582 units. The first is at MyGica as we speak to find out what causes this remote issue. The second will be going back to Makro once I get an answer from MyGica (Returned it via Takealot).

I am following discussions on the MyGica forum in the states regarding the remote issues. More and more people are reporting weird crap.
I just bought a Mygica 1960, previously having owned a 582 and I can say the remote is now 10000 times better.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
As I said earlier in this thread, I only use the remote as an on switch and a volume control. For everything else, I use a wireless mouse.