MyGica 495x any good?

Shaun18

Aside from buying a wireless remote for this device, are there any good easy to use remote apps? I stress the word easy as I am technologically challenged.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
The default launcher is very irritating if you want to change default apps. Nova works like a charm.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
As I said earlier in this thread, I only use the remote as an on switch and a volume control. For everything else, I use a wireless mouse.
Problem is, you payed for the ****ing thing and it does not work. MyGica should up their game. No use buying one streming device, bit then you have to opt for a second remote to "compliment" the first.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Problem is, you payed for the ****ing thing and it does not work. MyGica should up their game. No use buying one streming device, bit then you have to opt for a second remote to "compliment" the first.
My remote works perfectly fine not sure why people need something else.

genetic

Honorary Master
My remote works fine... not great as a pointing device, but as a remote it works perfectly.

Soni246

Hi Guys

I bought the ATV495 Pro and downloaded the showmax app but for some reason it's not working, just shows me a photo of the series and when I try to watch it via chrome it tells me to download the App. I'm totally lost, can anyone please help? TIA

PDF_27

Hi Guys

I bought the ATV495 Pro and downloaded the showmax app but for some reason it's not working, just shows me a photo of the series and when I try to watch it via chrome it tells me to download the App. I'm totally lost, can anyone please help? TIA
You need to open the app, sign in, and browse via the app. The website will always revert you back to the app, so only use the app. Don't use the browser to access showmax at all. Hope that helps

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
My remote works perfectly fine not sure why people need something else.
My remote works fine... not great as a pointing device, but as a remote it works perfectly.
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, with my remote, I cannot get the cursor to move into the search box in Google play. Without that, the device is a useless piece of junk.

With a mouse I have no problems.

Soni246

You need to open the app, sign in, and browse via the app. The website will always revert you back to the app, so only use the app. Don't use the browser to access showmax at all. Hope that helps
Hi

Thank you but for some reason the app is not giving me a list of episodes or anything. Am I missing something - settings wise?

Last edited:

PDF_27

Hi

Thank you but for some reason the app is not giving me a list of episodes or anything. Am I missing something - settings wise?
Try uninstall, reinstall, login and try see if that fixes it

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
All that button does for me is to switch the mouse pointer on and off.

Cernjay

For some reason... my atv495x wont switch on at all... tried unplugging and replugging into wall socket... light just turns blue for a sec then back to red... anyone else experience this?

sh4rpz

Any chance a MyGica unit will work with a SONY PS3 Wireless Keyboard? If so, any idea how to sync them?

Edit: Ok, i'm retarded. Just realized these units don't have Bluetooth. Thanks

Last edited:

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Any chance a MyGica unit will work with a SONY PS3 Wireless Keyboard? If so, any idea how to sync them?

Edit: Ok, i'm retarded. Just realized these units don't have Bluetooth. Thanks
Maybe try getting a Bluetooth dongle. It does have 2 usb ports?

ProAsm

Expert Member
Thanks, plugged in a wireless PC mouse in USB and works like a charm :)

dleerob

Can you install a VPN client (such as ExpressVPN) on the MyGica to use VPN to access streaming services?

Jimmy-Z

Can you install a VPN client (such as ExpressVPN) on the MyGica to use VPN to access streaming services?
yes. I use StrongVPN for US Netflix on my ATV 329x. ExpressVPN, StrongVPN, NordVPN, etc all have Android apps