MyGica 495x any good?

ProAsm

Expert Member
I see the 4K Player does not see AC3 audio in movies.
Anyone know of a fix, other than using Kodi or another app ?

ICU

Hi. Wonder if you can help. I've bought ATV495x. I'm pretty sure the Dstv Now worked for a day (not 100% certain it wasn't the web browser) but now the app kicks out video playback error as a result of lack of Google verified device.

Do I need to root etc

Thank you.

Bucks_Fizz

Hi. Wonder if you can help. I've bought ATV495x. I'm pretty sure the Dstv Now worked for a day (not 100% certain it wasn't the web browser) but now the app kicks out video playback error as a result of lack of Google verified device.

Do I need to root etc

Thank you.
Hi, Check their support website http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/forum/153-mygica-atv-495pro-quad-core-smart-tv-box/

Apparently this device is NOT Google Certified which is why it doesn't work anymore. They reckon they will bring out new hardware soon - Which i personally feel is a bunch of $#$ as it makes our existing boxes obsolete

Jimmy-Z

Hi, Check their support website http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/forum/153-mygica-atv-495pro-quad-core-smart-tv-box/

Apparently this device is NOT Google Certified which is why it doesn't work anymore. They reckon they will bring out new hardware soon - Which i personally feel is a bunch of $#$ as it makes our existing boxes obsolete
Luckily that doesn't affect me, since I have no interest in DSTV & they recently released an android 7 version of their OS for my 329x. The Netflix from the google store didn't work, but I got a working version off the TV app store (can't remember what it's called)

Jimmy-Z

Luckily that doesn't affect me, since I have no interest in DSTV & they recently released an android 7 version of their OS for my 329x. The Netflix from the google store didn't work, but I got a working version off the TV app store (can't remember what it's called)
edit: Aptoide

AirWolf

Honorary Master

Do I need to root etc

Thank you.

Yep - you need the APK from their website. Turn off auto-updates.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Shutdown MyGica, switch TV hdmi source to another device (decoder), and MyGica restarts. Anyone else?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Yip. Maybe your power adapter is packing in and not providing enough power to the device?
Got it a week ago and it works 100% while using it.
Shut down and light goes to red. Switch back to Dstv decoder, and 495x light goes to blue. Switch over to it, and it is back on. Weird...

AirWolf

Honorary Master
DSTV apk from the MyGica FAQ page no longer works.
You need version 2.0.4 (the version just before the current 2.0.5).

AirWolf

Honorary Master
DSTV apk from the MyGica FAQ page no longer works.
You need version 2.0.4 (the version just before the current 2.0.5).
Abort abort abort.
Went back to the older faq version.
DSTV are tinkering with their app/network it seems.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Netflix no longer updating. Version on my device 4.16.1 - current version 6.5.2

Fortunately, everything still works (and they are still taking my money :D)

rsg777

Frustrated with MyGica ATV495MAX

Took the step into Android TV/IPTV this weekend. Got a MyGica ATV495MAX and was upbeat after reading about what I could do with it.

Managed to load Kodi and get an IPTV link up and running. Cool.

Then the frustrations hit:
1. Netflix - had to find a Netflix workaround since the app is still pending approval. Can now only navigate Netflix properly with a mouse.
2. Internet - can't find Chrome Browser in the app store.
3. Popcorn Time - can't find it.
4. Crashing quite a bit on YouTube.

Busy evaluating whether I should get a refund or upgrade to a better model?

Please advise. And, if you recommend I keep it, please share any tips on how to get the best out of an ATV495MAX.

Thanks

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
1. It's the same as many boxes ... Netflix approvals. Quite a headache for a manufacture.

2. I don't think anything has Google Chrome in the app Store

3. Dunno

4. May have the same issues if you're on the same OS