MyMTN Home Uncapped 50Mbps and 100Mbps 5G plans launched

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
MTN launches 100Mbps uncapped 5G

MTN has announced the launch of two new MyMTN Home Uncapped speed-based plans on 5G, promising fast data speeds, low latency, increased reliability, and good coverage.

The company said it currently offers 5G across 125 coverage areas in all of South Africa's provinces.

epah

Expert Member
200.gif

MEG101

Nice deals for the "not so data hungry" people who want a fast 5G connection. The FUP of 1TB and 2TB is a big no no...you can get 100mbps fast uncapped fiber with NO FUP for R999.00 - if you stream Netflix in 4K - you will get to the 1TB limit very fast - 4K video chows about 7GB per hour. Also would like to know about limitations on the offers such as streaming, downloading and if P2P is allowed. What happens after the 1TB and 2TB FUP is reached? Probably throttle your connection to 2mbps for remainder of month or cut it off completely. In my opinion, Rain 5G offers better value on the Premium R999.00 package with No FUP.

MEG101

Not bad MTN, it's a step in the right direction, but Rain 5G Premium has no limit on speed & no FUP for R999p/m. It's also month-to-month with a free router included.
Yes, Rain 5G is better value for money as speeds can reach 200mbps+ and has no shaping and FUP. I have used a friends and it is awesome speeds, depending on the area where you live.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Rain is still tops for me. Although that R350 for 800GB deal from vodacom is nice!
Think the retentions lady on the phone offered me uncapped 4G for R490 with a router

stepper

Expert Member
Not touching any MTN 'home packages' anymore after my 2020 BF 500GB deal nightmare. I'm good with my R699 Rain 50Mbps plus Vuma Reach just planted poles outside my property.

Yskasmetnstoof

Nice deals for the "not so data hungry" people who want a fast 5G connection. The FUP of 1TB and 2TB is a big no no...you can get 100mbps fast uncapped fiber with NO FUP for R999.00 - if you stream Netflix in 4K - you will get to the 1TB limit very fast - 4K video chows about 7GB per hour. Also would like to know about limitations on the offers such as streaming, downloading and if P2P is allowed. What happens after the 1TB and 2TB FUP is reached? Probably throttle your connection to 2mbps for remainder of month or cut it off completely. In my opinion, Rain 5G offers better value on the Premium R999.00 package with No FUP.
Never understand why they call connections with a throttle threshold "uncapped".

stepper

Expert Member
What happened?
They changed the 'package type' to a MyMTN-Home Fixed LTE package and my area doesn't have the coverage for the Fixed LTE but it has the normal 4G (which I signed up for). So my SIM didn't connect at all.

fixed lte.PNG normal lte.PNG

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

stepper

Expert Member
Wow that's horrible. Hope they made things right with you.
Nope. They promised to send someone to do a site assessment to my place which never materialised and to cancel they wanted to charge over R3k. Luckily there was someone who took over my contract on the forum.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Never understand why they call connections with a throttle threshold "uncapped".
Never understand why people can't grasp network congestion is worse on wireless internet then wired......aka rain. Nor do they throttle it to be completely useless either. 10mbps is pretty decent, you won't be doing highest resolution, netflix, youtube should work just fine. You could likely play CS:go just fine as well as an example.....

OfentseIOP

Not touching any MTN 'home packages' anymore after my 2020 BF 500GB deal nightmare. I'm good with my R699 Rain 50Mbps plus Vuma Reach just planted poles outside my property.
At least you are getting fibre, plus I saw on some forums that the speeds are to be increased maybe next year so you are getting in at the right time. Vuma Reach said my location is gonna get it second quarter of next year. I so so can’t wait, I’m tired of LTE and though I’m Rain 5G covered I’ve been abused by Rain a lot I would rather stick to Cell C 4G Home Connecta.