MyMTN Uncapped Home Wi-Fi / MTN Fixed-LTE router settings

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Recently purchased the MyMTN Home Uncapped 10Mbps package to test it out.

Already had the supported ZTE MC801A router on hand, so figured we could just use that.

The SIM has been activated, but the router is unable to connect to the Internet.

Suspect this is an APN issue, but not sure what the correct settings might be.

Struggling to get the right settings from MTN.

Anybody on fixed-LTE with MTN directly that can assist?

Each of the ISPs have their own ones that are available online, but MTN has no details on this in its fixed-LTE section.

Is it perhaps just the normal "internet" APN?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Recently purchased the MyMTN Home Uncapped 10Mbps package to test it out.

Already had the supported ZTE MC801A router on hand, so figured we could just use that.

The SIM has been activated, but the router is unable to connect to the Internet.

Suspect this is an APN issue, but not sure what the correct settings might be.

Struggling to get the right settings from MTN.

Anybody on fixed-LTE with MTN directly that can assist?

Each of the ISPs have their own ones that are available online, but MTN has no details on this in its fixed-LTE section.

Is it perhaps just the normal "internet" APN?

The APN should be businessbb.lte

If you put it in your phone and dial *123*888# do you get your number or nothing?

If nothing then its not RICA'd/Activated.

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
The APN should be businessbb.lte

If you put it in your phone and dial *123*888# do you get your number or nothing?

If nothing then its not RICA'd/Activated.
Got the number, yeah, so it's all good. Thanks, I saw that in the pamphlet available online, but wasn't sure whether it applied to home users as well.

Karim786

Hi, I would also like to switch from rain. How did you apply for it and is it month to month? The site shows that the sim only deal is also a 24 month contract. IMG_ho48ir.jpg

Tshitshi

Hi, I would also like to switch from rain. How did you apply for it and is it month to month? The site shows that the sim only deal is also a 24 month contract. View attachment 1167406
Im also interested in month to month deal. I went to MTN menlyn store, the agent was totally not helpful. He didn't have and idea of what im talking about.

master4real

Im also interested in month to month deal. I went to MTN menlyn store, the agent was totally not helpful. He didn't have and idea of what im talking about.
The details are in the yellow trader. Just grab the yellow trader at the store and show it to them. Also bring the compatible router to the store if possible.

Tshitshi

The details are in the yellow trader. Just grab the yellow trader at the store and show it to them. Also bring the compatible router to the store if possible.

Thank you. I visited different and I was assisted. Couldn’t sign up for month to month because it requires specific router to work.

Tshitshi

Any one tested the SIM card on none listed router to see it if will work or not?

extaci

Hi All , I just subscribed to the MTN Fixed LTE Uncapped . I was on the capped subscription and had to cancel and re apply. My residential address and the router location was different . MTN blocked the connection when connected from the location ,not on the contract. I had to then cancel the contract again.

I have a Hauwei B525 Router that worked on the MTN F-LTE capped . I want to use this modem and subscribe for the fixed LTE Uncapped. Can I use this on a Month to month or 24 months control for SIM only ? No one at MTN know this for sure. Really frustrating with the incompetence of the MTN outlets.

If anyone subscribed for the Fixed LTE SIM only deal . Please advise if this a 24 month contract or month to month .I have already paid penalties for my other contract termination and don't want to pay termination fees again .

extaci

Which store did you go to ? I want to call them and subscribe ,as they are aware of this ?
I have the folloing router :
HuaweiB525s-65A86400503

master4real

Hi All , I just subscribed to the MTN Fixed LTE Uncapped . I was on the capped subscription and had to cancel and re apply. My residential address and the router location was different . MTN blocked the connection when connected from the location ,not on the contract. I had to then cancel the contract again.

I have a Hauwei B525 Router that worked on the MTN F-LTE capped . I want to use this modem and subscribe for the fixed LTE Uncapped. Can I use this on a Month to month or 24 months control for SIM only ? No one at MTN know this for sure. Really frustrating with the incompetence of the MTN outlets.

If anyone subscribed for the Fixed LTE SIM only deal . Please advise if this a 24 month contract or month to month .I have already paid penalties for my other contract termination and don't want to pay termination fees again .
Yes, its available on a month-to-month. But you need to go to MTN store. Just search myBroadband article that explain the process. But applying for month-month is so complicated like applying for contract. I spent around an hour and half at the store on Tuesday, because their system ran into error. That time I already paid the pro-rated amount. The following day, the agent called me to tell me it has been approved. There is also R150 connection fee that I paid. No bank statement, or payslip were requested from me because I pay upfront. That means no debit order.

coolp

Yes, its available on a month-to-month. But you need to go to MTN store. Just search myBroadband article that explain the process. But applying for month-month is so complicated like applying for contract. I spent around an hour and half at the store on Tuesday, because their system ran into error. That time I already paid the pro-rated amount. The following day, the agent called me to tell me it has been approved. There is also R150 connection fee that I paid. No bank statement, or payslip were requested from me because I pay upfront. That means no debit order.
Which deal did you took.

Ntuks

Hello, how did you get hold a technician been trying for hours and always just end up at the start again
Had the same issue, but I contact the MTN service Twiter account... I had to go through the RICA process again on the MTN app... Waited a day and it was up and running.