NAG Magazine Archives

psradebe

My local CNA was generous enough to allow customers to read magazines, books and newspapers.

Fond memories :)

wbot

Yeah, I remember now. Tarryn van der byl and Miktar the dragon were the worst of all.
I never had a problem with any of the writers or reviews tbh. I enjoyed their humour etc. Tarryn is still on the NAG website.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
I bought the first few NAGs but mostly I read PC Format, would love it if they released an archive pack of the SA magazines .

nXtrmS

I never had a problem with any of the writers or reviews tbh. I enjoyed their humour etc. Tarryn is still on the NAG website.
My humour is not for everybody. :ROFL:

Also, the archive isn't complete. We're missing issues between February 2000 and January 2003. I've managed to find somebody on Twitter who has copies, but we're still working out the logistics of scanning them - it's a very, very, very tedious process.

ld13

Honorary Master
Also, the archive isn't complete. We're missing issues between February 2000 and January 2003. I've managed to find somebody on Twitter who has copies, but we're still working out the logistics of scanning them - it's a very, very, very tedious process.
If you can get 'OK' copies that people are willing to discard, then you can simply cut off the spine and dump them through a scanner in one go. I have done this a few times now. The process of running them through an OCR afterwards took longer than the scanning.

wbot

My humour is not for everybody. :ROFL:

Who are you?:p

nXtrmS

If you can get 'OK' copies that people are willing to discard, then you can simply cut off the spine and dump them through a scanner in one go. I have done this a few times now. The process of running them through an OCR afterwards took longer than the scanning.
This guy doesn't want us wrecking his mags. People are weird about their nerd collections. :p

Magnarmalok

Expert Member
I'll have to look around to see if I maybe still have any of those, my brother and I used to buy NAG every month during that time

wbot

If it was Miktar we would have had a two page post about how everybody knows him and his furry fetishes and how insignificant you are since you dared ask that question.
Who? Never heard of him :p

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
NAG and PC Format - those were the days.

I also had a sub to PC Magazine back in the day - learnt a lot about PCs from that magazine

Edit: Jirre, I'm such a nerd....I remember most of those covers....:p

Last edited:

TheHand

Sweet, thanks OP! Some nice nostalgia vibes. Now I just need the PC Format (SA) archives for the articles and cover girls.
Keep in mind that it's unlikely that someone could distribute scans of the local PC Format legally.

It's what makes the NAG Archive so great - there are precious few publications anywhere that have made their entire print run available digitally for free, if at all. While there are archives of many old gaming publications, most of them are only available because someone was willing to infringe the copyright and no one's complained about it.

NAG distributing their printed magazines for free with permission and at a high quality is invaluable.

Solitude

Executive Member
I loved my PC Format and NAG every month. Still read the NAG website articles.