Naked ADSL to Free the Web says Mweb

Would you like to have the option of a naked ADSL service?

• Yes

Votes: 223 98.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Excellent...Mweb, excellent. The video is good and it is easy enough for the general public to understand.

I hope this works for all of us, it might not be full LLU but it's better than nothing.

AniV

Expert Member
I'm all for Naked ADSL, but I don't do Facebook so there's no way for me to join the campaign.
Also, it would be useful if the Twitter and Facebook links in the article actually went to the Twitter and Facebook pages for the campaign, instead of to the MyBB blurb.

In fact, any link to the campaign sites would be useful.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Haha! Great stuff by Mweb! Let's hope this will actually get us somewhere.

recre8

GO MWEB! I'm have to say this though: The picture on the MyBB frontpage linking to the article was a scary in a big way.

TJ99

Honorary Master
Inb4 the inevitable, irrational Mweb hate that always pops up when they do something good.

Go Mweb, fight the good fight!

Species8472

I wanted to support this, then Facebook asked if I want to allow their application to post messages on facebook on my behalf. Yea, "sure". NO

Penquin

Expert Member
Snakes on a plane! :) Love the pics, the one on the front page might be a bit disturbing for some. :p

alt21

I'm all for Naked ADSL, but I don't do Facebook so there's no way for me to join the campaign.
Also, it would be useful if the Twitter and Facebook links in the article actually went to the Twitter and Facebook pages for the campaign, instead of to the MyBB blurb.

In fact, any link to the campaign sites would be useful.
+1

freematrix

Nah, thanks. I don't trust Mweb.
ADSL becomes more affordable, all ISP's get more subscribers and make more money. I get cheaper monthly Telco cost as well (am no longer being robbed by Telkom). I pay the same to my ISP monthly.

Sounds like a win for ISP's, Consumers and a loss for Telkom.

Currently ADSL is losing to much to mobile purely because rental is to high.
ADSL needs to be strong in this country.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
ADSL becomes more affordable, all ISP's get more subscribers and make more money. I get cheaper monthly Telco cost as well (am no longer being robbed by Telkom). I pay the same to my ISP monthly.
Sounds like a win for ISP's, Consumers and a loss for Telkom.
Currently ADSL is losing to much to mobile purely because rental is to high.
ADSL needs to be strong in this country.
I know what the benefits of naked ADSL are, thanks for going to all that trouble.
I never said I disagree with the campaign.

All I said is, "I don't trust Mweb"
Bunch of scammers and greedy crooks.

Lounger

Expert Member
This would have little effect on most of us home users. We have a voice line and an ADSL connection. Perhaps if they offered a discount on rental of both it would make sense, but I think Mweb is just being opportunistic. It isn't as if they 'manage' anything well from their own side. I presume they want the rental fees for dedicated ADSL lines to fill their own coffers.