Nandos tells Paris Hilton to "Try our Joint instead"

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=iol1278407682121T662

Paris Hilton and her friend's arrest for possession of dagga at the World Cup stadium in Port Elizabeth made headlines over the weekend, and as usual Nando's has risen to the occasion with a cheeky ad aimed at the US socialite.

"Try our joint instead, Paris," reads the advert for the chicken outlet.

"Whether it's for lunch, supper or a case of the munchies, our flame-grilled Peri peri chicken is guaranteed to hit the spot. And, with over 200 restaurants in South Africa, and restaurants in the States, you'll be able to get your Nando's fix from pretty much anywhere," it adds.

The dagga charges were withdrawn against Hilton by the State after she appeared in a special World Cup court the same night.

She spent Saturday on the Garden Route and then moved on to Cape Town, and, if her tweets were anything to go by, she loves the food in the Mother City.

Her co-accused former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero was fined R1 000 or 30 days in prison after she pleaded guilty to possession of one dagga cigarette.

The government also gave Rovero 14 days to leave the country. - IOL
hahaha... I love these guys :D ... pity their chicken is so anorexic! :(

Dean

Expert Member
So now the criminal penalty for possession is R1000? Sweet.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
So now the criminal penalty for possession is R1000? Sweet.
Friend of mine got caught with a bankie. He got taken to the police station and had to pay R200. Most of the time a prosecutor will throw the case out unless its a large amount. 95% of the time you just pay an admission of guilt fine and thats it.

Dean

Expert Member
Oh and before you think its limited to weed...

She came back to her hotel room at 4am after a bit of a bender at Fez on Sat night, key/card wouldn't work... banged on the door to try get in... and it was some random dudes room, not hers.

Wouldn't have minded being that dude :p
"Paris, so glad you could make it. Hold 2 minutes while I roll us one..."

Last edited: