Nano Sims - Vodacom - Johannesburg

phiber

Expert Member
Howsit Guys,

My iPhone 5 has arrived, but the vodacom store i visited said they will only receive sims on Monday. Anyone know of any stores in jhb that stock the sim? I don't get too much time in the day, so i can't really spend time calling all the stores, will do so saturday if no-one knows.

phiber

Expert Member
You can make your own, cut it. It's very easy

I wouldn't classify this task as 'very easy', it does require you having to thin down the sim card, and therefore some form of sanding/shaving is required. Also can't afford to be without my phone if it does go wrong.

Mbuzi

Expert Member
I wouldn't classify this task as 'very easy', it does require you having to thin down the sim card, and therefore some form of sanding/shaving is required. Also can't afford to be without my phone if it does go wrong.

You can buy a 99 cents sim to practice on, before cutting down your own. Don't rica it.

Ecco

Executive Member
There was an article on this forum that indicated vodacom had procured the nano sims. This was just after the iPhone 5 launch in the states. All vodacom store should have them if that article was in fact correct - or maybe it was more vodacom bs!

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I have here with me and most of the stores that I handle should have. What area are you in OP and I will see if I have a store close to you that falls under me and that has got stock.

fxit_man

Executive Member
They should have but they just don't know it. Tell them to go check in the stock room and look for it! At least that was the case with me in October.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
just cut ur sim

12mm by 15mm - that's the size of nano sim.

Apparently it is thinner in thickness, so you are going to risk the actual sim itself or you may end up with a loose sim making irregular contact with phone.

phiber

Expert Member
I have here with me and most of the stores that I handle should have. What area are you in OP and I will see if I have a store close to you that falls under me and that has got stock.

Thanks, had a long day at work yesterday, didn't get to hop onto the forum... Based in Jhb, phoned rosebank store and they have, so will drop past tomorrow morning to get one :)

I dont have the motor skills to cut a sim, and not too sure what you would need to do to shave it down without risking some tiny pieces of plastic getting stuck in the phone?