A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Use it, don't use it ;)

PDF: http://airportal.de/nanosim/

91817.png

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I thought the nano sim was a lot thinner than the current sims but they only mention sanding the edges to round them off. :confused:

EDIT - according to wiki the current sims have a thickness of 0.76mm while the new nano one is 0.67mm.

Last edited:

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
I thought the nano sim was a lot thinner than the current sims but they only mention sanding the edges to round them off. :confused:

EDIT - according to wiki the current sims have a thickness of 0.76mm while the new nano one is 0.67mm.

Indeed you are correct.

Ninja edit, eh? :p

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Well thats easy!

I would suggest getting a bunch of prepaid SIM's then practice cutting these. It sounds easy, but it is not. You will take a couple of tries to get it right. And you will make mistakes.

When you got it right, then you can do your contract SIM (if that's what you want).

iDOL

Expert Member
Well for those interested, Vodacom has received their supply of nano sims

Dippybot

Cellucity seems to be getting theirs soon. For those early adopters.

Dave

Honorary Master

Easy to sand if needed, I had some spare sims and decided to try the maddest way possible, and sanded a sim with an electric sander, got down to around 0.55 or 0.56 (the calliper is not that accurate at such small sizes) and the sim (even though I had sanded a hole into the back of the chip die) still works.

Sanding down to 0.67 should be easy to do even blindfolded.

Hemps

Honorary Master
My iPhone 5 just arrived and I want to get it going but it needs sim to proceed.
When I bought my ipad 3 i cut the sim down to fit, can I do the same with my current large sim, cut it down to nano size?

Is there no way to even get into iPhone home screen without sim?

Last edited:

geezer

Expert Member
Yes, just download the template and cut accordingly. I have succesfully done it about 2 weeks ago.

Hemps

Honorary Master
MTN starter pack?

Suppose I then need to rica in store.

Last edited:

Hemps

Honorary Master
OK, cut the sim and fitted it, start up phone, enter sim password, connect to wireless, shows wifi and cell cars at top, doesnt mention MTN, try to activate but cant?

Does MTN need to do anything their side?

Last edited:

RVFmal

Expert Member
Anywhere in Randburg I can get a micro-sim cut/resized to nano-sim?

cavedog

Honorary Master
You just cut it with a Scissors? I've been cutting it for a while now and know exactly how to cut it. It doesn't have to be perfect it just needs to fit in that nano sim slot.