NASA investigates SpaceX because Elon Musk smoked weed

Bebobwolf

But one can take "Opioids", that kill more people than cannabis, because it legal.

LeslieJordaan

But one can take "Opioids", that kill more people than cannabis, because it legal.
Would like to know what kind of drugs NASA uses, because their safety record is currently sitting on 156 killed astronauts.

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
Would like to know what kind of drugs NASA uses, because there safety record is currently sitting on 156 killed astronauts.
You think NASA has a policy that requires employees to use certain drugs? Weird. Why do you say "drugs NASA uses"? That necessarily implies the organisation has a policy mandating the use of hallucinogenic drugs. The opposite is true. They most certainly have very strict policies on the use of any drugs that can affect concentration and control.

Secondly, where do you get the figure of 156 killed astronauts? Did you just make it up? As far as I know, 18 astronauts have been killed in-flight, and 13 died in in training accidents. That's 31 total in 58 years.

When it comes to their attention (as it has) that management at a supplier has a lax and flaunting view on the use of hallucinogenic drugs, they would be remiss and irresponsible if they didn't check that supplier very carefully. Hallucinogenic drugs and precision engineering do not go well together. You can be sure that the review covers all substances that can play a role in affecting design, engineering, and manufacturing, including alcohol, opioids, medication, etc. Failing to do so will open them to lawsuits by people injured when using equipment from that supplier. This investigation not only makes sense, it's a responsible and necessary thing to do.

Last edited:

beans100

Honorary Master
Steve jobs was on acid, you don't see Apple being investigated. :whistling:

Arthur

Honorary Master
:D You can't be serious. You can't see the diffs between marketing cheap little computers for home and office and building rockets and spacecraft? Microelectronics in non-life-threatening uses vs extreme kinetic forces with people on board?

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
During an interview?

I've got nothing against weed but toking up, or doing anything else that's illegal for that matter, on screen was bound to have some repercussions - just shows poor judgement.

Nick333

Honorary Master
During an interview?

I've got nothing against weed but toking up, or doing anything else that's illegal for that matter, on screen was bound to have some repercussions - just shows bad judgement.
Toking up is legal in LA.

Sl8er

Executive Member
NASA investigates SpaceX because Elon Musk smoked weed

Ridiculous :rolleyes:

grok

Honorary Master
and drinking whiskey
OMG NO!!! What has this world come to when a CEO partakes of liquor late at night? And weed, noooooo!!! Tell me it isn't so..

F&^%$ing F*&^%$nuts.

Nick333

Honorary Master
The scene: the design office of SpaceX - a large room filled with partioning and desks. Around 20 strait laced, geeky types with pocket protectors and pencil stubs behind their ears are working on technical drawings.

The door burst open - it's a wild eyed Elon Musk.

Elon (almost shouting) : "Wassup, my ni@@as! I was just toking a hash of weeds and I had a brilliant idea."

The geeks look up, confusion written all over their nerdy, visages.

The chief design engineer hurries forward.

Engineer: "Hello, Mr Musk. And what idea would that be?"

Elon: "What? What would what be?"

Engineer: "Your idea, sir. You said you had an idea?"

Elon (giggles) : "oh man. Yeah, yeah, my idea. Such a cool idea, man..."

The engineer looks at Elon expectantly, while he stares off into space dreamily.

Engineer: "Well...?"

Elon: "Eh?"

Engineer (with exaggerated patience) : "Your idea?"

A look of deep concentration appears on Elons face.

Elon: "Um, um. My idea... ****. It had something to do with o-rings".

Engineer : "O-rings?"

Elon : "Dude, you're harshing my trip. Here toke on this"

Elon passes the engineer a hash pipe. The engineer looks at it with trepidation, raises it to his lips, gives Elon a questioning look. Elon nods slowly with a broad grin. The engineer takes a furtive puff, explodes in a coughing fit. Elon slaps him on the back laughing.

Elon: "Hit that shyt again like you mean it, ni@@a"

The engineer inhales deeply from the pipe, holds it in for a 10 count then exhales a great cloud of smoke. Slowly his face breaks into a broad, relaxed grin.

Elon nods with a knowing smile on his face.

Elon: "Yeah, dawg".

Scene fades.

Scene two

The scene: the same office later. The walls are festooned with tie dyed fabrics and peace sign posters. The same engineers are now dressed in t-shirts and bell-bottoms. One or two are slumped with their heads on their arms at their desks. One is standing alone in a corner, waving his arms in the air, apparently having an animated conversation with no one. Elon Musk is seated at a drawing desk surrounded by engineers, the chief engineer standing at his shoulder.

Elon: "See, man? If we replace the o-rings with leprechauns, and weld a horn to its head, we can reach Mars within 6 months. Do you? Do you see?"

The camera pans over his shoulder to reveal an amiturish drawing of a unicorn with a rocket sticking out of its bum, flying against a backdrop of stars towards a red ball labeled Mars.

The engineers nod and smile. The chief engineer begins to giggle and then laugh. Everyone begins to laugh. Elon grins.

Chief engineer : "Ni@@a, that shyt is dope"

JP227

Main reason for this safety check is because a) both boeing and SpaceX are behind on their promised delivery dates b) they are expecting to use the dragon capsules and whatever boeing has planned, for manned flights. This means safety is a top priority as people's lives are on the line. As far as I know, those are the main reasons for the investigation

JP227

:D You can't be serious. You can't see the diffs between marketing cheap little computers for home and office and building rockets and spacecraft? Microelectronics in non-life-threatening uses vs extreme kinetic forces with people on board?
Consumers: microelectronics are "Non-life-threatening"
Samsung: Challenge accepted
Samsung: We're proud to announce the new galaxy note 7. Now with larger battery capacity for your convenience

Arthur

Honorary Master
Consumers: microelectronics are "Non-life-threatening"
Samsung: Challenge accepted
Samsung: We're proud to announce the new galaxy note 7. Now with larger battery capacity for your convenience
Good point. Maybe time for some checks on hallucinogen consumption at Samsung design, engineering, and suppliers.