Nashua Mobile in MTN and Vodacom sale

Venomous

Honorary Master
hmmm,

They have already sold at least one other component of their business, more than a year ago.

/wonders if this is the start of a trend...

whatwhat

Executive Member
Good news with those on MTN and Vodacom to be on proper MTN and Vodacom customers.

avk

Wonder how long this is going to take? I will have to upgrade in June. Hopefully all will be in place by then.....

CeeBee

Expert Member
sounds good... their service hasnt been great for long time.
only good thing was the discount on the accounts, and 'soft limit' to prevent huge bills... but that one should be able to get with other providers

avk

only good thing was the discount on the accounts, and 'soft limit' to prevent huge bills... but that one should be able to get with other providers
Agreed. Used to get excellent service.....but the last while service has not been that hot. I was looking at moving anyway. Saves me the trouble. ;-)

whatwhat

Executive Member
Discounts on their corporate accounts was a bit of a sham, they'd take the regular contract price (ie R399) then slap VAT on it and then give you the discount.

If you went straight to the provider you'd get it for R399.

entrepr

Expert Member
I always hoped Nashua would become a virtual operator and build up their own service offering, leveraging the convergence opportunities within the group.

However it does make sense to take their postpaid base, which is basically part of a declining industry and sell it to the operators who obviously still value those customers, and take the money for something else.

I hope that Nashua Mobile doesn't fully shut down, but looks for another telecoms opportunity. There must be tons of opportunity in this dynamic and over-priced market

Gulio

Banned
That appears to be the case
No room in the current landscape for retail not controlled by the BAUT?

Of course Nashua selling out before CellC is interesting
I thought they doing better with all the competition. More offerings to their customers etc.

They claim to be selling Cell C to a 3rd party? Cell C not want it back? Can TM or Vodacom buy Cell C base?

Gulio

Banned
With FNB, Multichoice, Discovery etc all gunning to be new MVNOs, NM pulls out?
Strange times...

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
I thought they doing better with all the competition. More offerings to their customers etc.

They claim to be selling Cell C to a 3rd party? Cell C not want it back? Can TM or Vodacom buy Cell C base?
Not sure what you mean "all the competition"? The whole point is that there is no wholesale // retail division on the mobile operators despite same operators lobbying for such a division on Telkom (which has in part been introduced). A reseller arrangement of Nashua's nature is simply unsustainable - and here is the proof.

I don't see why TM or Vodacom would want to buy the CellC base as they are ultimately just buying up contracts and there is no automatic migration. I am gobsmacked at how much the buy up is to be honest.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
With FNB, Multichoice, Discovery etc all gunning to be new MVNOs, NM pulls out?
Strange times...
It has everything to do with how deep an MVNO operation can run. Limited space for resellers and very aggressive exclusionary approaches by the BAUT while disruptive technology is on the horizon

sox63

Executive Member

Altech Autopage perhaps? Assuming obviously if they still have the appetite to carry on whith this model.