Naspers reveals how Takealot is crushing Bidorbuy and eBay

Would not really call BidorBuy a competitor, they provide to a different market altogether.

And those numbers for Amazon SA and eBay... would love to know where Naspers got them from?

Would not really call BidorBuy a competitor, they provide to a different market altogether.

And those numbers for Amazon SA and eBay... would love to know where Naspers got them from?

The more important question, how many visits turned into sales?

Wish MagicDude4eva was here. His opinion would be interesting in this regard

I plead guilty - I also love to BROWSE the takealot site. Crushing is such a strong word...

Takealot is growing its marketplace, which makes it a direct competitor to Bidorbuy. Some Bidorbuy sellers are also using the Takealor marketplace, which is showing good results.

Takealot is growing its marketplace, which makes it a direct competitor to Bidorbuy. Some Bidorbuy sellers are also using the Takealor marketplace, which is showing good results.

Fair enough on that front..

But I personally would put BidorBuy leaps and bounds ahead of Takealot on that front, since its a sideline for TakeAlot whereas it is to a large degree BoB's main business.

Would be interesting to see the stats of "Sales" not "Browsing" between these two....... Takealot & Wish :whistling:

/notes the respondents in this particular thread

Last edited:
He he he. First crush them and come back with proper statistics proving this. I just see a lot of big talk about buying this company and buying that company. I want to see sales figures and ROI for investors.

He he he. First crush them and come back with proper statistics proving this. I just see a lot of big talk about buying this company and buying that company. I want to see sales figures and ROI for investors.

If we use the information in this article then YouTube is crushing Naspers and taklot sine they get more clicks and spend more time on the site :rolleyes:

Ask the companies for their financials, that's what we want to see :p

Only thing CRUSHING about Takealot is the effect it has on my soul while using the search :/

Yes - the fact that trying to search for things on the site is so dismal probably accounts for a lot of the traffic.

Back