Nasty toll prices for Cape Town may be coming

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Madness, if implemented will throw the bill into the sea :p

Seriously

Honorary Master
F@rking greedy pigs acquired a new meaning for me in SA terms. Just call them e-toll PPC's.

What are the Capetonians saying now? Still rather want E-tollies instead of a fuel levy? Cum now, you all were mostly loud mouthed about the Gauteng e-toll saga.

Last edited:

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
“In terms of this clause, Sanral would have to divert public funds meant for the construction and maintenance of national roads to fund PPC’s profit expectation of R48 billion.”
How the hell does something like that even make it into the contract? Can the people approving it not read? Gross mismanagement of public funds right there.

I bet it got signed with crayons too...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I honestly would love to know what is going through Nazir's head...

Does he think Cape ppl will just pay for this, when Gauteng ppl aren't.. and the Gauteng tolls are much cheaper?...

porchrat

Honorary Master
I already pay a fuel levy that is supposed to go towards maintaining our roads. Not paying e-tolls that is for sure.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I already pay a fuel levy that is supposed to go towards maintaining our roads. Not paying e-tolls that is for sure.

What we have been saying also. Falls on death ears. And now we have a R0.80 increase in the levy kicking in tomorrow also.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Deaf ears..

Though in Nazir's case, they are clearly dead as well...

Seriously

Honorary Master
I honestly would love to know what is going through Nazir's [-]head[/-]back pocket or swiss bank account...

Does he think Cape ppl will just pay for this, when Gauteng ppl aren't.. and the Gauteng tolls are much cheaper?...

FTFY

porchrat

Honorary Master
What we have been saying also. Falls on death ears. And now we have a R0.80 increase in the levy kicking in tomorrow also.
I've been saying for years that the fuel levy money needs to be ring-fenced. I'm not paying. I wouldn't pay if I lived in Gauteng and I'm not paying living here in Cape Town. End of story. What is happening is a disgusting and total disregard for what the people of this country want.

Not that my not paying matters as it seems taxpayers' money is just going to be handed over to this PPC group to cover the shortfall when we don't pay. So much for the "user pays" principle :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Seriously

Honorary Master
But if ppl don't pay it, then how can he pocket money from it?

“In terms of this clause, Sanral would have to divert public funds meant for the construction and maintenance of national roads to fund PPC’s profit expectation of R48 billion.”

These pigs will take their guaranteed share no matter what. The public WILL pay somehow.

Insint

Expert Member
I have almost forgotten about the e-tolls. Do they even sent out those fire starter papers anymore?