Nasty toll prices for Cape Town may be coming

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Thanks for the stats but I'm talking about daily travelers, like people from Paarl working in Bellville or Cape Town for example

Make that 100000 and you are probably close to the number, if not a bit under it.

agel

I am paying a small amount for the fuel levy, and that goes towards most average roads. Give me some great roads, and I'll pay for those. And don't expect others to pay for the roads I use

See now, they've got to you already and they've you thinking that you need to pay for these great roads when in actual fact, you already are... And it's not a small levy imo, it's roughly half the fuel price.

If this happens in Durban we should occupy the N3 and bring the whole nation to a standstill

I'll be right there with you! Just this morning it took an extra 30 mins to get to work with the Service Delivery protests on the N2 so it certainly is doable hahaha, and I also would like to get my Civil Disobedience on! Ja nee, when in Rome...

ajv

It will be physical toll gates, not e-toll gantries. Don't see how congestion will be eased...

That's the problem, you can ignore a bill in the mail, but not a physical barrier. Obviously they learned from Gauteng.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
The N1 and N2 have existed in their present state for many years with no issues of maintenance what so ever.

The sudden "need" to create a toll system is just a money making racket, an added tax to place upon an already over taxed public sector.
It nothing but a scam to feed the pot of curruption which exists within the government.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Try and differentiate between being pro-ANC and not being anti-ANC

So like in my signature you are as confused as a chameleon on a smarty box and do noy know a feck where you stand. You continually support the brainless ANC criminals and their racist ways!

krycor

Honorary Master
The N1 and N2 have existed in their present state for many years with no issues of maintenance what so ever.

The sudden "need" to create a toll system is just a money making racket, an added tax to place upon an already over taxed public sector.
It nothing but a scam to feed the pot of curruption which exists within the government.

Have you driven between the R300 and Paarl before? Because if you have you would know that up until 2? yrs ago the roads were starting to deteriorate badly.

They should actually make it a 3 lane ie continue from Belville straight down but that costs money much like the maintenance will.

2ndly after a road is created, it doesn't magically take care of itself either. There is an actual lifespan of various parts of the road surface etc. reminds me of the bridges in Jhb, if people only looked at what they driving on they'd **** brix.

As much as I prefer the DA politically.. They have yet to come up with a better solution only involving the Western Cape. They own the province.. If they wanted to they could buy the n1/n2 and do the necessary themselves. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the tolling but the DA opposes a lot of things but sometimes they need to do more than just oppose which is where they kinda weak. Granted the ANC being in charge of national fiscus does not help but yah.. Say by some miracle SANRAL is blocked from doing anything.. Will the provincial gov do the upgrade?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Have you driven between the R300 and Paarl before? Because if you have you would know that up until 2? yrs ago the roads were starting to deteriorate badly.

They should actually make it a 3 lane ie continue from Belville straight down but that costs money much like the maintenance will.

2ndly after a road is created, it doesn't magically take care of itself either. There is an actual lifespan of various parts of the road surface etc. reminds me of the bridges in Jhb, if people only looked at what they driving on they'd **** brix.

As much as I prefer the DA politically.. They have yet to come up with a better solution only involving the Western Cape. They own the province.. If they wanted to they could buy the n1/n2 and do the necessary themselves. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the tolling but the DA opposes a lot of things but sometimes they need to do more than just oppose which is where they kinda weak. Granted the ANC being in charge of national fiscus does not help but yah.. Say by some miracle SANRAL is blocked from doing anything.. Will the provincial gov do the upgrade?

If they get allocated what comes from the fuel levy from the Western Cape, I am sure they will.