National emergency over Covid-19 vaccination

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
National emergency over Covid-19 vaccination

South Africa's continued inability to reach its daily Covid-19 vaccination targets has become a national emergency, said professor of medicine at Wits University, Francois Venter.

After a worryingly slow start, the country's vaccination campaign picked up pace around mid-July after opening up registration to the 35-49 age group.

This momentum did not last and daily vaccinations have slumped over the last three weeks.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Stupidity reigns in South Africa unfortunately. The majority of people appear to be anti-vax and then they call us sheep. The irony.
Majority of Physicians Decline COVID Shots

Of the unvaccinated physicians, 80 percent said “I believe risk of shots exceeds risk of disease.”

What do you think solitude, the majority of physicians are stupid?

nazmo

Expert Member

Of the unvaccinated physicians, 80 percent said “I believe risk of shots exceeds risk of disease.”

legit study right there. goto twitter, and see what ALL doctors say.. .calling BS

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member

Yeah. AAPS. The bunch of noodle brains who oppose abortion, homosexuality and the reality of AIDS. Imma going to listen to them.

Daveogg

Expert Member

I think 80% of the 60% of the 700 physicians who responded to the survey are stupid.

Conversely I think 100% of my colleagues are not stupid.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
I think 80% of the 60% of the 700 physicians who responded to the survey are stupid.

So indeed you think majority of physicians are stupid.

You know they can't switch off the production of spike protein produced by the MRNA instruction in the vaccine. What will happen after 5 years of your body producing spike protein? What about 10, 20 years? Nobody knows, smooth brain.

But you are welcome to trial it for us. I applaud your adventurous spirit.

nazmo

Expert Member

If i recall its a facebook survey, so even if they are "doctors" they probably old, irrelevant and not anywhere near the frontline... doctors whos actually facing this dont have time to fill facebook surveys.

Little Mac

Honorary Master
This has nothing to do with anti Vax and everything to do with the process. It takes time to register and when you do they tell you to wait for your appointment. I registered my parents on day 1 and the haven't received their SMS telling them where and when to go.

They had both shots walk-in.
I know others who did the same but have received another SMS and vaccination number since.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
If i recall its a facebook survey, so even if they are "doctors" they probably old, irrelevant and not anywhere near the frontline... doctors whos actually facing this dont have time to fill facebook surveys.
Ooof, maybe you should click the link and read. They are all verified members of the Association of American Physicians and surgeons.

This is not a Twitter Dr survey, smooth brain.

nazmo

Expert Member
There's no proof of that, is there? fact is the vaccination process is still very inconvenient and cumbersome, government can still do much better.

By Home affairs standards its amazing! lol... registerd,, sms few seconds later. walk in the following day.

nazmo

Expert Member
Ooof, maybe you should click the link and read. They are all verified members of the Association of American Physicians and surgeons.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons: Ideology trumps science-based medicine​

The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (JPANDS) is the official journal of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS). The AAPS tries to represent itself as a legitimate medical professional society, but in reality it promotes antivaccine views, HIV/AIDS denialism, and an Ayn Randian view of the world in which doctors are supermen, Medicare is unconstitutional, and the government should never interfere with physicians’ prerogatives.

Solitude

Executive Member

No, but I think you are if you count a Google Drive "internet survey" against the American Medical Association's claim. Or even worse that neither of them were random samples. And then follow that up with:

"What do you think solitude, the majority of physicians are stupid?"

nazmo

Expert Member

No, but I think you are if you count a Google Drive "internet survey" against the American Medical Association's claim. Or even worse that neither of them were random samples. And then follow that up with:

"What do you think solitude, the majority of physicians are stupid?"

Though AAPS often takes positions that are associated with conservative groups, it sometimes goes even further, pushing fringe views that most mainstream conservatives do not endorse, such as the belief that mandatory vaccination is “equivalent to human experimentation” and that Medicare is “evil.” Over the years, the group seems to have coalesced around an ethos of radical self-determination and a belief that mainstream science isn’t always trustworthy. It’s the most curious of medical organizations: a doctors’ interest group that seems more invested in the interests of doctors, rather than public health.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Okty

Expert Member
Irony is more of people registering and waiting for an appointment date.

There's still a lot of confusion on "walk ins". Some places allow, it some don't, some people say it's necessary, others say it's "cheating" etc.

Daveogg

Expert Member
So indeed you think majority of physicians are stupid.

You know they can't switch off the production of spike protein produced by the MRNA instruction in the vaccine. What will happen after 5 years of your body producing spike protein? What about 10, 20 years? Nobody knows, smooth brain.

But you are welcome to trial it for us. I applaud your adventurous spirit.
"I think 80% of the 60% of the 700 physicians who responded to the survey are stupid"

How does the above lead to the below? I don't think I could have been clearer.

"So indeed you think majority of physicians are stupid."

Unless you believe a survey of the members of one association represents all physicians?
If so I will add one more person to those I believe are stupid.

Brenden_E

Executive Member

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons: Ideology trumps science-based medicine​

The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (JPANDS) is the official journal of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS). The AAPS tries to represent itself as a legitimate medical professional society, but in reality it promotes antivaccine views, HIV/AIDS denialism, and an Ayn Randian view of the world in which doctors are supermen, Medicare is unconstitutional, and the government should never interfere with physicians’ prerogatives.
O you are one of those.
They are blasted, among others, to say that the data shows that homosexuality leads to a lower lifespan. Heathens, they are homophobic!

But the data shows that...ahem, homosexuality leads to a lower lifespan.

I see this so often. People who quote the data that doesn't align with the mainstream narrative are called all the -isms by the regular Twitter crowd. You by your own admission rather believe in a Twitter survey. No point in arguing with that...

Shadowchaser1

How long has it taken to figure out SA is not making their target? Months!!! Really? You guys are in for a torrid time. Your Dept of Health is going to declare a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th wave......... You are never going to get out of it.