National lockdown looms for South Africa

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
The shelter is not the issue.

I wonder how they're going to get them out after the quarantine. It becomes a political issue that they probably didn't think about...
A lot of things, they did not think of, and when it is over, there are going to be those, taking whatever advantage they can.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
So if any vehicle breaks down it should wait 21 days?
Seems that is the idea, maybe Uncle Cyril decreed that no vehicle used for essential services shall break down. If the Brethren visit your premises from which you are delivering essential services and affirmatively remove your computers, internet routers and printers, you also have to wait 21 days, before you can replace them, so you can continue providing essential services.

Edit;

I forgot the FLLA phones, the Brethren are rather fond of them. Telkom took 6 weeks to deliver the ones we have with out lockdown. I do not want to guess how long they will take, to replace them under the current situation, as all places where you might buy replacements your self are "closed"

Last edited:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
There should be sufficient spare parts in stock to cater for the reduced volume of vehicles that are required for 21 days.
The SAPS can barely keep a fraction of their fleet on the road at the best of times!?

How to trash an economy in 21 days...

swift412

The shelter is not the issue.

I wonder how they're going to get them out after the quarantine. It becomes a political issue that they probably didn't think about...
Agreed. Same thing with the refugees that were occupying the church in Greenmarket Square in CT, etc.

Swa

Honorary Master
One thing I know for sure is that most of you would find something wrong irrespective of what steps the government took.
It's not the steps but how they conducted it clearly showing they were still sitting thinking up ways to loot and plunder up to this point. Look at the UK. Everyone may not agree with the steps but they knew what they were doing right from the first communication. Now we even have confusion over not being able to buy some basic foodstuffs when we were told not to panic buy. I actually hope everyone in ANC roles get this and die from it at this point.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
One thing I know for sure is that most of you would find something wrong irrespective of what steps the government took.
They already ****ed up a lot, but they managed to do a few things right. But regardless of what the government does, or does not do, or where they screw up. The outcome will largely, be determined in the town ships, and how the inhabitants there respond. Simply because they are the largest segment of the population.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The SAPS can barely keep a fraction of their fleet on the road at the best of times!?

How to trash an economy in 21 days...
There are a myriad of reasons for that, and not a single one of those reasons is availability of spare parts for the vehicles.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
we have not seen a police patrol in our area for more than 20 years.
Now if they suddenly show up after tomorrow, what conclusions should we draw for their presence?

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
They probably won't if they don't have a car - and if they do drive, one will have to sit in the back seat.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
They probably won't if they don't have a car - and if they do drive, one will have to sit in the back seat.
I have to fetch my wife from hospital tomorrow. But cannot leave my daughter alone at home.
Now what :laugh: