National strike in South Africa unless big salary increases given

Corelli

Expert Member
Well right now I would start gearing up for retrenchment notices. I guess they havent figured out that a lot of tax payers are packing their bags and moving abroad. So tax income will be half. So well get salary increase now but you wont have UIF if you lost your job, or SASSA when you get old, etc etc.

And yes robots are taking over, and electric cars too (no more petrol attendants, exploding fuel trucks, etc).

If the piggy bank says there is no money, then there is no money. But honestly I think we can privatize a lot of public works, and then if they are profitable they can stay, if they cant, then go.

Ive found home affairs staff far far more superior at the banks than at home affairs. They also reply to mails withing 5-10 minutes if a query. But at home affairs, useless. Lets start by sacking the security who takes bribes for allowing people to sell queue positions. useless staff.

If all of home affairs can be digitized, then its easy as pie to get your documents. You wont have to wait 2 years for pretoria to find your documents. You want it? Lets print it right now and stamp it.

Corelli

Expert Member
Can you believe it took 6 months to do a system change to allow my son's birth certificate to be printed. Yes it was online but they needed 6 months to get authorization to push print. Seriously?

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Well right now I would start gearing up for retrenchment notices. I guess they havent figured out that a lot of tax payers are packing their bags and moving abroad. So tax income will be half. So well get salary increase now but you wont have UIF if you lost your job, or SASSA when you get old, etc etc.

And yes robots are taking over, and electric cars too (no more petrol attendants, exploding fuel trucks, etc).

If the piggy bank says there is no money, then there is no money. But honestly I think we can privatize a lot of public works, and then if they are profitable they can stay, if they cant, then go.

Ive found home affairs staff far far more superior at the banks than at home affairs. They also reply to mails withing 5-10 minutes if a query. But at home affairs, useless. Lets start by sacking the security who takes bribes for allowing people to sell queue positions. useless staff.

If all of home affairs can be digitized, then its easy as pie to get your documents. You wont have to wait 2 years for pretoria to find your documents. You want it? Lets print it right now and stamp it.
I am waiting for my son's un-abridged birth certificate, so we can emigrate June next year...and I am bricking it TBH...

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
If people are not happy with their salaries, they should quit and get another job - just like the rest of us have to do! Making unreasonable demands shows what fools they are.
They are entitled to job, bonuses and increases (don't even have to work for it). Thanks to ANC mentality... and promoting BEE/AA.

These people want increases but the world is burning... peak of entitlement.

lexis

I recently read that the number of new civil servants is still increasing...

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Dismiss the lot we have 50% unemployment rate, sure they can find people who can do the job for less!
You see the problem with this is that they will riot and threaten other staff etc

Sollie

Honorary Master
Can you believe it took 6 months to do a system change to allow my son's birth certificate to be printed. Yes it was online but they needed 6 months to get authorization to push print. Seriously?
Full well yes. Some of South Africa's finest relieved Mrs Sollie of her handbag.

Dealing with our fine public servants (what an oxymoron) is more problematic than the bag snatch. Some of these entitled folks would feel right at home in the Gestapo. Hey, we have arrived ... idiots.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
National strike in South Africa unless big salary increases given

A national strike is on the horizon, after negotiations between the government and public sector unions on salary increases deadlocked.

This is according to a report by the Sunday Times. Cosatu stated it will “embark on strike action” if the government does not meet their salary demands, stated the report.
So strike it is then.
The question is, how do we know for sure they're on strike? How does one tell?

R13...

Honorary Master
This reminds me, I need to get my passport renewed before the burning starts.

Solitude

Executive Member
If they do get an increase then all of us in the private sector will go on strike and burn things!