Nationalise everything, says Zuma

Seriously

Honorary Master
Now I hope all the people that voted for this garbage and trash have a quiet moment of silence and contemplate that they was part of the problem.

Not sure who to vote for next? Vote for Malema so we can end this quick and hopefully rebuild. With the ANC there will only be decades long further strife and suffering before Malema takes over to destroy whats left. So lets just get it done with. "Finish en klaar".

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
Please. Someone remind me. Didn't Venezuela nationalize almost everything? Maybe we should put him on a plane there and just leave him there. He can experience the benefits of nationalization first hand.
The UK nationalised a lot after WWII, then privatised a lot under (mostly) Mrs. Thatcher -when she wasn't covering for her son's activities in SA - and now there is considerable talk of nationalisation of the railways: in fact one line has been nationalised.
We are still one of the larger economies. Some nationalised industries were quite effective, some not, and the same goes for privatisation. Despite all that the UK is still quite a strong economy overall. Make of that what you will.
I suspect that there is more to the collapse of Venezuela than nationalisation.

Emjay

Executive Member
The UK nationalised a lot after WWII, then privatised a lot under (mostly) Mrs. Thatcher -when she wasn't covering for her son's activities in SA - and now there is considerable talk of nationalisation of the railways: in fact one line has been nationalised.
We are still one of the larger economies. Some nationalised industries were quite effective, some not, and the same goes for privatisation. Despite all that the UK is still quite a strong economy overall. Make of that what you will.
I was being facetious. There is a lot more to the collapse of Venezuela - and cannot be attributed to one reason alone. Just like in SA. Nationalization would be a contributing factor to economic suicide. Zuma is also not talking about nationalizing a few key organisations. He is talking about all major income generating industries.

Addressing Walter Sisulu University students in Mthatha in the Eastern Cape about his views on the need for free education, former president Jacob Zuma expressed his belief that mines, banks and monopoly industries should be nationalised.
How is that comparable to nationalizing a railway line?

And, I might add, is that we shouldn't be taking this fool seriously at all. He does not even have a matric, but he wants to dictate economic policy? Laughable.

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
I was being facetious. There is a lot more to the collapse of Venezuela - and cannot be attributed to one reason alone. Just like in SA. Nationalization would be a contributing factor to economic suicide. Zuma is also not talking about nationalizing a few key organisations. He is talking about all major income generating industries.

How is that comparable to nationalizing a railway line?

And, I might add, is that we shouldn't be taking this fool seriously at all. He does not even have a matric, but he wants to dictate economic policy? Laughable.
It isn't comparable: that example is just an illustration of the state of flux in the UK with privatisation and renationalisation.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Hahaha, yeah, whatever. Does institutionalised racism stop the ANC government from building schools? Doing away with pit toilets? Training of teachers? Employing and ensuring performance of teachers? The only institutionalised racism is from the ANC people like Panyaza Lesufi who have an issue with Afrikaans.
Should the ANC have done more to improve SA? Absolutely.

To say that the only institutionalized racism is attempting to have Afrikaans schools become deal medium is beyond idiotic.

DreamKing

Executive Member
mr. zuma, pls nationalize your axx, south africans are queuing to fxxk you.

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
Should the ANC have done more to improve SA? Absolutely.

To say that the only institutionalized racism is attempting to have Afrikaans schools become deal medium is beyond idiotic.
I think you could say of most governments around the world that they could/should have done more. Your first new dispensation president promised a home for every one. I was told back in 2001 that the funds had been provided for that project, but most did not materialise. Some of those that did were shoddily built, although I have seen some very presentable RDP homes. So what went wrong? Did the cash go to a 'nouveau riche', or some similar unworthy cause?
I understood that these homes were to be provided free of charge, but my domestic had to pay a councillor for hers. She did not want me to tackle him. You can guess why.
I have googled 'deal medium', but only found references to pizzas and such like. What does the term in your post mean?
You refer to institutionalised racism. No one seems to be prepared to define 'racism' - not even Wiki! The doubting Thomas in me suggests that it is preferred to leave the definition fluid so that accusations can be flung more easily. There are parallels to the situation the UN found itself in when attempting to define 'corruption'. There is a discussion of the concept at www.unodc.org/pdf/crime/corruption/Handbook.pdf, but it is not altogether a definition, more a set of examples. In it you will find reference to 'State Capture'. It was published in 2004. You were warned!!!
I have seen cases of racism, as I understand the word, from all sorts of people in all sorts of countries. I have heard people who genuinely believe that they are not racist making some pretty derogatory comments about others. These comments have been from all types/races/colours. Very often those perpetrators are kindness itself to people of different races/colours/types when dealing with them face to face. Some would say that that is the most important thing: I can see that there is room for disagreement. One of the most memorable for me personally was a UK colleague, who was white. He was a bit of a 'Colonel Blimp' type, and was even a Major in our TA to boot. I had a bit of a disagreement with an Afro - Caribbean type who had accused me of selecting his goods (wrongly) for verification because he was black. "You picked me out because I am black" was his line. The actual reason was that I had instructions to look for a particular brand of soap, a UK brand, and he was the only one who had some in that market. I was only 21, and this was the first time I had come across such an accusation. The 'blimp' back at the office when discussing the experience with my colleagues said "Would you let your daughter marry one?" in tones that brooked of no argument. My colleagues and I burst out laughing at this, and he was genuinely puzzled.
I have heard a black lady in another country in Africa, who went on to be the head of the Revenue Authority in that country dismiss the capabilities of a senior member of her staff because "he is too black". She was a medium brown colour, and a black born again Christian in that country told me that the lighter the colour the more beautiful the person in his country. When he met my then wife who was very fair skinned and a genuine blonde, he was visibly gob smacked. Was that racism, or just an expression of his idea of beauty? Is it acceptable to have such preferences? If to my eyes some Indian women with slim figures and lustrous shiny black hair are exceptionally attractive, is that a racist sentiment? Is it permissible to have such likings?

You tell me!

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Struggling to remain relevant I see.

Would his plot meetings to oust CR have failed?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Getting rid of Ace almost certainly can't happen unless and until the next ANC elective conference in 2022. That's the one that will define South Africa. If Ramaphosa wins with an honest top 6 (and especially deputy president), then there'll be massive changes.

Of course, it's almost impossible to think of anyone in the ANC upper ranks who would make a decent deputy come 2022.
Mkhize or Sisulu wouldn’t be too bad as deputies.

3WA

Executive Member
Mkhize or Sisulu wouldn’t be too bad as deputies.
They only look that way because we're habituated to bad leaders. Zweli isn't assertive, the factions will walk all over him. Lindiwe lacks the tact to navigate different factions and maintain her base.

Mantashe will 100% be gunning for it, and I think Cyril will back him.

If only there was a hope in hell of Enoch Godongwana getting elected. He is probably the most sensible high ranking member.

Moto Guzzi

Is that not for all practical purposes the case already with the extreme taxes-?

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Highly doubt that..