Nationalise everything, says Zuma

Daruk

Honorary Master

Sollie

Expert Member
Please. Someone remind me. Didn't Venezuela nationalize almost everything? Maybe we should put him on a plane there and just leave him there. He can experience the benefits of nationalization first hand.
Boat. I'll settle for leaving him 5 miles off their coast.

Has Zuma even figured out why we fired him yet?
We? Was it not the ANC? The choice of President is not by election, as in the US (and I recognise it has some dodgy features!). As with the UK Prime Minister, the voters only get to pick the ruling party, which in turn picks the leader.
In both cases it is a murky process in some ways, and not fully democratic to my mind. But who am I to have such opinions? Who cares? The reality is that the ruling classes hug to themselves as much power as they can.
And who decides who is in the ruling classes? You do, as a voter, to an extent, since no votes means no power. But beyond that, do you think you choose your President? I certainly do not feel that I choose my PM.

I wonder if f2wohf feels as a Frenchman that he has an influence on who gets to be his President? I think the French system is more democratic than that of Sa or the UK.

Beyond that I feel that the Presidency of the EU is determined without any input from EU voters directly. That looks like a political carve up, with conveniently generous retirement pensions. Sound familiar, topical even, in SA?