Natural Selection

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Excellent contribution! There are literally hundreds of articles and studies that have been done on Darwin. This one makes perfect sense to me. It shows why in terms of this thread, natural selection is a process and not a force with a pre determined end.

cupcake

Expert Member
I have to admit I didn't read past the first couple of lines, it hurts my brain.

That being said my gut tells me that the answers are more likely to be found in the field of social psychology rather than scientific based evolution.

Try asking the what questions instead of the why questions, it produces far more insight in the long term.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Nobody has a problem with natural selection as far as I know, even young earth creationist accept it. Obviously nature selects and even we as humans can select. We can create a new breed of dog within a few years by selective breeding.

given the above, the Darwinist obviously have their timeframes of millions of years for changes to occur slightly off.

C4Cat

Executive Member
Are you saying that Darwinism does not postulate speciation - more specifically, that species do not adapt so as to become another species?
I am not saying that. Why on earth would you even think I was saying that?

Another thing.
Does Darwinism postulate anything other than extinction?
This question doesn't make sense. If you want to ask questions about Darwin's theory of evolution then please first familiarise yourself with it.

Ponderer

Expert Member
I am not saying that. Why on earth would you even think I was saying that?

This question doesn't make sense. If you want to ask questions about Darwin's theory of evolution then please first familiarise yourself with it.
Are you then saying that Darwinism does in fact postulate that species adapt to form another species?

HunterNW

Executive Member
Are you saying that Darwinism does not postulate speciation - more specifically, that species do not adapt so as to become another species?
One species can't become another. A fish is a fish. It can become stronger, faster, etc, but will always be a fish.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Are you then saying that Darwinism does in fact postulate that species adapt to form another species?
This can just go nowhere scientifically, so it's a waste of time to even bring it up.

Either you have a greator god or aliens or something that created species, which nobody can proof.

Or you have no supernatural/outside intervention and everything form over time, which nobody can proof.

C4Cat

Executive Member
No, I'm not saying that. Why on earth would you even think I was saying that? Do you just ignore what I actually say and then ask unrelated questions to satisfy your own narrative?

rietrot

Honorary Master
No, I'm not saying that. Why on earth would you even think I was saying that? Do you just ignore what I actually say and then ask unrelated questions to satisfy your own narrative?
Yes that's what you are saying. At least inform yourself about what your own chosen believes say and don't try and talk around it. Everything started from a bunch of molecules in a pond and all the different species formed out of that. So stuff change so much over time that it becomes new species.

Ponderer

Expert Member
I am trying to understand what you are actually saying.
You said that Darwinisn does and does not postulate that species adapt to form another species.

HunterNW

Executive Member
Yes that's what you are saying. At least inform yourself about what your own chosen believes say and don't try and talk around it. Everything started from a bunch of molecules in a pond and all the different species formed out of that. So stuff change so much over time that it becomes new species.
Is that your perception ?

C4Cat

Executive Member
I am trying to understand what you are actually saying.
You said that Darwinisn does and does not postulate that species adapt to form another species.
No I didn't.
What I said was: "Recognising the mechanism of natural selection makes teleological explanations unnecessary in explaining the rich diversity of life"
I didn't say anything about species adopting to form other species, or not, or anything like that whatsoever.

Ponderer

Expert Member
No I didn't.
What I said was: "Recognising the mechanism of natural selection makes teleological explanations unnecessary in explaining the rich diversity of life"
I didn't say anything about species adopting to form other species, or not, or anything like that whatsoever.
Does Darwinism explain the rich diversity of Life?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Is that your perception ?
No that's ridiculous, but that is the theory of evolution for you. Until someone can figure out a rational scientific explanation for how life just formed out of nothing and all the speciation problems that we see in the real world, I'll just stick with God did it.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Reason and logic have been practised with these principles in mind under the practise of philosophy and successfully too.
Appeal to authority and your measures of success is subjective.

I think we achieved great success with people shîtting all over those principles.
Not that I disagree with any of them on principle.

Last edited: