Natural Selection

DMNknight

Expert Member
"...he tries to tie Atheism and Science together and fails..."
Ramblings?
I don't think so.
I think that the title of the book is well justified by the book.
He ain't no fool.
Only a fool would regard him as a fool.

BTW - I am now even more convinced that you outright lied when you said that you read the book.
So then point me to where in his book he isn't referencing someone else or someone else's work and making a point which stands on it's own merit.
Please explain how he references only non-theist wars in the death tolls of humanity, but does not reference any which had theistic origins.

Just as a little point of order. People who cheat on their spouses often accuse their spouses of the cheating first.
Not a single person has accused you of lying...

DMNknight

Expert Member
Yeah - you definitely did not read the book.
Liar.
Lol, so instead of answering the question honestly, like pointing out a passage or place in the book where he convinced you of his truth, you dodge the question.

He lost most of my attention when he showed his bias in attributing human death tolls to only one side of the table. I am clearly surprised he earned a PhD in Philosophy.

Ponderer

Expert Member
Lol, so instead of answering the question honestly, like pointing out a passage or place in the book where he convinced you of his truth, you dodge the question.

He lost most of my attention when he showed his bias in attributing human death tolls to only one side of the table. I am clearly surprised he earned a PhD in Philosophy.
Oh - so you started reading the book, but did not finish it.
How far did you get?
How much of the book did you read?
Perhaps only the title?

LOL

Ponderer

Expert Member

I am not surprised that you are surprised by Berlinski's credentials.
Only a fool would regard him as a fool.
Do you regard him as a fool?

Last edited:

Ponderer

Expert Member
What part of my statement indicates that I didn't read the book?

Be careful son, you are progressing into 2 year old tantrum territory here....
You are most likely the product/result of missing a few good hidings as a child when they were desperately needed.
You should be careful - someone might just one day decide to rectify that.

BTW - exactly what is it that motivates you to post such stupid things.
Do you crave attention?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Right now I actually dunno whether to be annoyed that I'm engaging with someone who seems to be unable to converse at a decent level, or if I should be amused that a child thinks it is clever enough to insult me...

Ponderer

Expert Member
Right now I actually dunno whether to be annoyed that I'm engaging with someone who seems to be unable to converse at a decent level, or if I should be amused that a child thinks it is clever enough to insult me...
Trying to converse at a decent level with you is like trying to play chess with a dog.

LD50

There are many views on different subjects in this world. Natural selection as part of ToE is just one of them. The theory as an explanation for the abundance of life and complexities within is another. Scientists in the same scientific dicipline don't always agree depending on perspective, analysis of findings and /or evidence at hand, bias, risk of losing funding etc.

One question you should ask yourself; what will I gain by having this knowledge?

Ponderer

Expert Member
There are many views on different subjects in this world. Natural selection as part of ToE is just one of them. The theory as an explanation for the abundance of life and complexities within is another. Scientists in the same scientific dicipline don't always agree depending on perspective, analysis of findings and /or evidence at hand, bias, risk of losing funding etc.

One question you should ask yourself; what will I gain by having this knowledge?
You make a valid point.
I suppose its purely the desire to know - that knowledge is somehow in itself rewarding.
But not lies - I detest lies.