Natural Selection

Ponderer

Expert Member
If things are similar it is "evidence" of evolution in that it "shows" they have a common origin.
If things are different it is "evidence" of evolution in that it "shows" they have changed over time.

Since similarity is "evidence" of evolution, and difference is "evidence" of evolution, everything is "evidence" of evolution?

How is speculation science?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
If things are similar it is "evidence" of evolution in that it "shows" they have a common origin.
If things are different it is "evidence" of evolution in that it "shows" they have changed over time.

Since similarity is "evidence" of evolution, and difference is "evidence" of evolution, everything is "evidence" of evolution?

Evolution explains why there similarities and differences between species.

All science starts of speculation and evidence is used to confirm or debunk that speculation.

Seems like you don't know how the scientific method works.

Techne

Honorary Master
The e

The evidence from ERVs just won't go away. Of course you need to know what they are before criticizing it don't you?

Ponderer

Expert Member
The e

The evidence from ERVs just won't go away. Of course you need to know what they are before criticizing it don't you?
Exactly what evidence are you referring to?
What be the (empirical) facts?
How much of this so called "evidence" are facts, and how much of this so called "evidence" is pure/utter speculation.

BTW - you like to treat others as being intellectually inferior to you.
You are trying to hard.

Techne

Honorary Master
Exactly what evidence are you referring to?
What be the (empirical) facts?
How much of this so called "evidence" are facts, and how much of this so called "evidence" is pure/utter speculation.

BTW - you like to treat others as being intellectually inferior to you.
You are trying to hard.
I don't think of you as intellectually inferior, just woefully arrogant and ignorant. Like I said, evidence from ERVs. If you don't know what it is you need to read up otherwise you just make yourself look foolish.

Ponderer

Expert Member
I don't think of you as intellectually inferior, just woefully arrogant and ignorant. Like I said, evidence from ERVs. If you don't know what it is you need to read up otherwise you just make yourself look foolish.
The so called "evidence" from ERV's.
Is it obvious proof for the ToE in the same way that "comparative anatomy" is obvious proof for the ToE?

BTW - I don't regard you as arrogant, but I do think that you desperately want others to regard you as some or other intellectual giant.
Why you still believe in the ToE (Evolution/Darwinism) is a mystery to me.
You must surely by now see it for the BS it is?

Techne

Honorary Master
Is it obvious proof for the ToE in the same way that "comparative anatomy" is obvious proof for the ToE?

BTW - I don't regard you as arrogant, but I do think that you desperately want others to regard you as some or other intellectual giant.
No-one is falling for this dumb rhetoric especially since you have demonstrated you are clueless about ERVs and show no signs of actually wanting to learn.

DMNknight

Expert Member
If you look at what is leveled at you in accusation, then that's what is in the posters mind. You could say Intellectual inferiority is the driving force behind this thread, which is why the the intellectuals have abandoned it out of embarrassment.

Polymathic

Honorary Master

Please provide your sources that debunk comparative anatomy.

Pox

Expert Member
Still nothing past the 'No it isn't' argument from Ponderer.

:Shocked

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Still nothing past the 'No it isn't' argument from Ponderer.

:Shocked
Of course not. He and his ilk can't go beyond that. If they do, they undermine their basic belief system.

Ponderer: The ToE is not a valid theory - end of the story. Therefore, why waste effort in looking at the new evidence. Just right it off as non-evidence.
And in Ponderers case, if that means redefining what Science means as well as Logic, then that too.
And anyone who has an alternate view is automatically subjected to ridicule and personal attack at ever-increasing levels.

Prawnapple

Of course not. He and his ilk can't go beyond that. If they do, they undermine their basic belief system.

Ponderer: The ToE is not a valid theory - end of the story. Therefore, why waste effort in looking at the new evidence. Just right it off as non-evidence.
And in Ponderers case, if that means redefining what Science means as well as Logic, then that too.
And anyone who has an alternate view is automatically subjected to ridicule and personal attack at ever-increasing levels.
It's well worth staying as high up on the pyramid as possible.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Ja, I posted that pyramid before, but unfortunately there are none so blind or deaf .....
It had no effect what's over on Ponderer and his hangers-on. Presumably, it is too complicated for them to comprehend.

Last edited:

Ponderer

Expert Member
Looks like the cretins of the Intellectual Dork Web are looking for attention.
Who are you referring to as a "cretins", and why?

I also don't understand why you are unable (unwilling?) to see the ToE for the BS it in fact is.
Viva "scientism"?

Techne

Honorary Master
Who are you referring to as a "cretins", and why?

I also don't understand why you are unable (unwilling?) to see the ToE for the BS it in fact is.
Viva "scientism"?
The cretins of the Intellectual Dark Web and

I also don't understand why you are unable (unwilling?) to see the evidence for the ToE.
Viva "arrogant ignorance"? And btw, scientism is BS but that does not imply the ToE is.

Ponderer

Expert Member
The cretins of the Intellectual Dark Web and

I also don't understand why you are unable (unwilling?) to see the evidence for the ToE.
Viva "arrogant ignorance"? And btw, scientism is BS but that does not imply the ToE is.
Can you please be a little more specific - exactly what/who be a "cretin of the Intellectual Dark Web"?

Where be the empirical evidence (hard facts) for the ToE?
There is none.
The ToE is a regular theory that be nothing other than speculation - its not science.
The ToE is at best science fiction.
Actual/true/real science refutes the ToE.

You correctly identify "scientism" as BS.
You however claim that the ToE is not "scientism", while it is in fact exactly/precisely just that.

Wake up.
Think.