Navigating the Cesspools of Online Dating

Fyson

About 3 months ago I stumbled onto Mamba, a dating app.
Installed it and it looked ok, not very polished, but adequate considering that its free.
There were a few nice girls but the main drawback was that most were Russian and I got the distinct feeling that the app started there and haven’t been adopted worldwide as much as I thought.

So after about 3 months I chatted a few times with a few girls in SA and all of a sudden this one girl digs me like crazy. Cool I thought, and after about our 14th message she asks for Cell C airtime in exchange for a few sexy pics.
So I sent her R35 airtime out of the goodness of my heart.

Her whatsapp messages made me suspicious and I did what I should have done from the start, do a proper background check on her. (Not quite police level, but pretty close)
For those that are interested, here’s her profile link on Mamba:
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1281331614?hit=3
Dana Sexy

Could not find any facebook or Google+ account in her name (based on the name in her email address:danajones265@yahoo.com) But it might be a fake address. So I did a google image search on the pics of her in the profile. Thank F&$# for Google. There are billions of her photos all over the internet. I asked her where she went to college. Her answer was Ohio. But on some of the websites her profile stated Dubai09 while others stated practically every university on the planet.

After a bit of searching I did find the true girl whose pictures are used all over the internet for dating sites & scams by lord knows who for who knows what.
Here’s the true girl: Melissa Midwest: ***NSFW*** http://www.melissamidwest.com/main.html ***NSFW***

I suspect that more of her “Sexiness” would be revealed at a later date when I made a payment or sent more airtime.
Next time I’ll do the darn background check beforehand.
Thankfully Google has made it quite simple to combat these crooks.

bgotapen

Expert Member
You sent a nigerian some airtime for him to scam another chop on scamtree... well done...

Debeer165

Expert Member
Lol. I am always surprised that the "airtime for naughty pics" industry still lives.

SAguy

Expert Member
If someone needs airtime to send you a dirty pic either:
1. She's a schoolgirl, great jailbait pics...but you take the bait, you go to jail!
2. She's a Nigerian

mister

Executive Member
So after about 3 months I chatted a few times with a few girls in SA and all of a sudden this one girl digs me like crazy. Cool I thought, and after about our 14th message she asks for Cell C airtime in exchange for a few sexy pics.
lol @ school fees

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
So we can link to any kind of website as long as it says NSFW?

registerforfree

Uhm why did you sign up to a russian dating site?

That's not how russian mail order wives work. You basically just buy those.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Cool I thought, and after about our 14th message she asks for Cell C airtime in exchange for a few sexy pics.

Next time I’ll do the darn background check beforehand.
Thankfully Google has made it quite simple to combat these crooks.
That should have been your first red flag to GTFO. The fact that you're even considering doing a background check next time, before repeating your mistake, means that you deserve whatever comes your way...

SAguy

Expert Member
You would know Eks, you seem to always keep up with what's happening in the gay world...
Not really sure what that's supposed to mean, but ok. Since you also know what Grinder is, maybe you're Eks?

Fyson

Thanks for the great replies. I'm new to online dating and I really should have known better.
At least I've learnt from my mistakes

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Unfortunately your experience has little to do with online dating and a lot to do with not being wary of scammers. Not saying that online dating is perfect, but going on a Russian dating site is asking for trouble. You're lucky you didn't get dick pics of the scammer, who is almost certainly male.