Nedbank credit card users receive "sneaky charges"

HartsockZA

I have these charges as well since the day I got my credit card with Nedbank. I get on average 3-4 charges on the card it absolutely insane.

edit: never got a refund of those charges, ever.

Petec

Expert Member
Ahhhhh bullshit Nedbank! You gouge the same as FNB.
Don’t be kak. Be more like Capitec.

Toxic T

Expert Member
I have these charges as well since the day I got my credit card with Nedbank. I get on average 3-4 charges on the card it absolutely insane.

edit: never got a refund of those charges, ever.
Me as well. Time to get some refunds I think.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
My Nedbank CC costs R92 a month including 3 charges:
R50 maintenance fee
R22 credit facility fee
R20 greenbacks linkage fee.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I used to consider even this a rip off, preferring my R0 per month Virgin Money credit card. Sadly Virgin Money cards will be shut down very soon.
Does it still work? I still get the statement of account each month, but I haven't had to use it in ages. Mainly rely on my FNB Fusion card for eBucks but it's nice to have the VM one as a backup in case it doesn't work one day.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Does it still work? I still get the statement of account each month, but I haven't had to use it in ages. Mainly rely on my FNB Fusion card for eBucks but it's nice to have the VM one as a backup in case it doesn't work one day.

I last used mine on 8 November without issue. I'll keep using it until I'm told that it's closed.

ands45

I have had this charge 2 years in a row now (well basically every year I have had the account) on their account they advertise as free with no monthly charges. Each year I have had to fight to get them reversed, which they eventually do. The only reason I keep it open is to link my bond to it, otherwise would just close it down. Very sneaky

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
i've been charged R23 per month for greenbacks since march, which should have been included in my account when i upgraded it. i've asked them 4 times and every time they've said it will be sorted out. but every month i still get charged.