Nedbank, FNB, and Capitec customers still missing out on Samsung Pay

FNB already has its own version via the FNB app,

all one needs is a phone with NFC, and it should work.
Yep its pretty crap, does not work most of the time.

Samsung pay supports MST, so it can be used on none nfc card machines, by emulating a card swipe.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Yep its pretty crap, does not work most of the time.

Samsung pay supports MST, so it can be used on none nfc card machines, by emulating a card swipe.
but you need to buy a top of the range Samsung for samsung pay to work, correct?

wont work on something more modest like a J7 , or something cheaper.
always the super expensive phones, like the s7 and above.
so its usefulness is only so much.

but you need to buy a top of the range Samsung for samsung pay to work, correct?

wont work on something more modest like a J7 , or something cheaper.
always the super expensive phones, like the s7 and above.
so its usefulness is only so much.
Yeah plan was buy 2nd hand s7, S8 or a8.

I'm using it every day on my Samsung watch, the Gear S3 has MST and NFC but I had to change my region to USA before it allowed me to install Samsung Pay

You do get some funny looks when paying with MST especially on card machines that don't support tap and go. I had someone at Clicks call his manager but the slip confirms payments is successful

Recallza

I'm using it every day on my Samsung watch, the Gear S3 has MST and NFC but I had to change my region to USA before it allowed me to install Samsung Pay

You do get some funny looks when paying with MST especially on card machines that don't support tap and go. I had someone at Clicks call his manager but the slip confirms payments is successful
Wait, so you got it to work with your Gear S3?

That's seriously awesome! I wish FNB would join the bandwagon to either allow for NFC payments via watch, or move to Samsung Pay.

Yeah, got the watch off takealot and was upset when I found out that Samsung Pay is region blocked on the device, did some googling, few minutes later I set the region to USA with some 3rd party app, installs and accepts South African cards.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I don't see anything getting me to switch to Samsung, but if FNB can sort this out then hopefully it will make adoption of Google Pay faster when that finally arrives in SA.

And FNB Pay is rubbish. Unless you're going to improve it a lot, stop talking about it FNB.

Inviter

Yeah, got the watch off takealot and was upset when I found out that Samsung Pay is region blocked on the device, did some googling, few minutes later I set the region to USA with some 3rd party app, installs and accepts South African cards.
How did you do this. I have the same problem.

I'm very disappointed with both FNB and Nedbank because I bank with them and that means missing out on the Samsung Pay functionality.