Nedbank launches new Greenbacks Rewards Site

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
So I get this SMS...

2015-11-23 13.53.29.jpg

So I log onto the new website....
https://nedbankgreenbacks.nedsecure.co.za/

I use my existing login details and it then prompts me to link my existing login with the account number I got in the SMS.
I enter the account number exactly as it appears in the SMS, and the site comes back and says "No Account Exists"....

Why can't you iron out all these bugs before the site goes live, Nedbank?

So I go to send them an e-mail... These are the options on the help page....
No e-mail ... only phone calls. I don't want to talk to you Nedbank.

screenshot.321.jpg

ajv

Anybody able to log in ? This NedbankID thing has been giving me issues from day one.

Took them months to resolve some issue I had logging into nedbankID only a couple weeks ago.

Now the following happens:
Go to greenbacks site
go to Log In
Redirect to nedbankID (piece of junk)
Enter credentials
Get USSD cell verification
send accept
get message on phone saying "session closed".
Not redirected back to greenbacks.

I can log into nedbankID and online banking, so my auth details are fine.
I just want to spend my points so I can close out my account.

ajv

OK, used a different browser and can log in now. But I need to enter my rewards number. WTF, I was able to log in and browse the shop before. Why do I need to enter this now ?
Ugh

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The contact options with Nedbank are incredibly frustrating, they seem to not like the concept of email at all.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The contact options with Nedbank are incredibly frustrating, they seem to not like the concept of email at all.

I usually just post on their Facebook page... and then they ask me to private message them, and then I get a complaint number from there...

ajv

This system is more trouble than it is worth.

Agreed, gave it a proper run, amassed 40 000 + points over a year or so. But frankly the earning rate is much higher with ebucks.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
So they can't even give notice that they're doing maintenance? Thats poor damn form from them, and I would assume that is a massive process failure, esp for a bank.

I don't know when the site went live, but doing an update that lasts this many hours shortly after launching the site is just totally unprofessional.

Excalibur

Executive Member
How has been the experience for those on Greenbacks? I understand the reward earning rate is double the normal rate if using an AMEX card.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
How has been the experience for those on Greenbacks? I understand the reward earning rate is double the normal rate if using an AMEX card.

The problem is... finding merchants that accept AMEX... and as I understand it, the AMEX credit card fees are pretty high (but I think Nedbank has waived those???)

aidenmark

The problem is... finding merchants that accept AMEX... and as I understand it, the AMEX credit card fees are pretty high (but I think Nedbank has waived those???)

Well, its not the AMEX credit card. Its the Nedbank Cheque card that uses AMEX. The Actual Amex charge card earns AMEX Member Rewards, not Greenbacks and attracts a very high yearly fee ( waived if you are a private wealth client ).

But yes, finding a merchant is a pain, however, most online retailers, and large corporates take AMEX. Oh and sandton city :)

garp

Executive Member
Ugh. Gave up trying to get my greenbacks from my current a/c cheque card and credit card account consolidated years ago, or even just some way of seeing the balance on either. "No account exists" has been the default status of any greenback login they've tried to give me for at least 5 years.

Never mind that no matter how many times I FICA they still have a 15 year old address for me.