Nedbank named 'Bank of Year'

noswal

Executive Member
Hmmm.... if you go to absa's website it says 1st Thank you for voting is SA no1 banking brand

I wouldn't give any of them any 1st place except in high banking charges. Bunch of *************

JStrike

Honorary Master
Bah, load of rubbish. FNB is so much better it isn't even funny.
When Nedbank offer a student account with bank charges capped at R13.50, then they can start talking until then, they are a rip off.

I am not a student anymore, so I dont benefit from it, but it is an indication as to the attitude of the different banks

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Nedbank voted bank of the year? Where all the nominations from nedbank staff?

Omac

Expert Member
I think all the banks will have their detractors. But Nedbank! pulllllleeeeezzze!

Pull the other one, no not that one the other one!

This has to be a case of 'best of a bad lot' and even then it's unbelievable!!

masticore

I bank with Nedbank. The "service" is pathetic and expensive. One day, when I get off my lazy ass, I'll leave them with a big "Thanks for nothing" attitude. Where will I go ? Dunno - everyone has horror stories about all the banks. Pity my employer won't give me mattress-cash :D

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
The awards are from a shareholder and investment perspective, ie profitability. The criteria have absolutley nothing to do with service, fees, and looking after clients.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
The awards are from a shareholder and investment perspective, ie profitability. The criteria have absolutley nothing to do with service, fees, and looking after clients.

The whole point of me starting this thread! I hate it when other people say what you wanted to say more effectively!:p

diabolus

Executive Member
The awards are from a shareholder and investment perspective, ie profitability.

So what they're REALLY are saying Nedbank is the No1 at ripping off the customer [how else are they making more profit?] .

GTi

Expert Member
Most of the staff is under paid and they treat their staff like ****.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
This is a sad day...in my experience Nedbank is the worst of a bad bunch!

noswal

Executive Member
AV Advertising owns mybanksucks.co.za about time they got the site up and we can move all the banking threads there :p

Chatmaster

I certainly cannot make up my mind on which bank is the worst, Nedbank or ABSA, but one thing is for sure that award is not a reflection of the reality. However I believe that Nedbank's association with Old Mutual Bank, Woolworths, Ackermans and many more has contributed to them delivering a really bad service but definitely making more money, essentially that is all that matters to them. They have successfully contributed to making many South Africans poorer by providing credit to masses of people that cannot afford it. The saddest part of this is that the other banks are following their example,... sigh.