Nedbank - You have to uninstall IE9 and go back to IE8.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
So all of our browsers updated during the night, now we can't access Nedbank. When I phone the help desk the lady told me we have to uninstall IE9 and go back to IE8.

Way to prepare for an upcoming upgrade Nedbank! Shot! You guys Rock! :mad:

lws

Noticed that a while ago already, while I was testing out the IE9 Beta. It seriously sucks. You'd think banks would WANT us using the latest browsers.

It was so ironic that sometime ago, Nedbank would moan about us not using IE. I remember getting annoyed that I couldn't use Chrome but now they think I am using some dodgy browser that is not IE?(!)?

So basically...the only bank whose Internet banking is not sucking (or getting complaints) at the moment is Standard Bank?

Greggle

So all of our browsers updated during the night, now we can't access Nedbank. When I phone the help desk the lady told me we have to uninstall IE9 and go back to IE8. Way to prepare for an upcoming upgrade Nedbank! Shot! You guys Rock! :mad:
I didnt realise that people still use IE! Netbank works fine on Google Chrome!

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I think you should uninstall your bank, if they didnt bother testing the most recent release of a major browser. It could even just be a browser string thing. What happens when you browse to it?

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
So all of our browsers updated during the night, now we can't access Nedbank. When I phone the help desk the lady told me we have to uninstall IE9 and go back to IE8.

Way to prepare for an upcoming upgrade Nedbank! Shot! You guys Rock! :mad:
Nedbank has been stuck in the mid-90's as far as their online banking system goes. They've always struck me as a bank that views internet banking as a sort of "convenience" rather than a priority :(

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I didnt realise that people still use IE! Netbank works fine on Google Chrome!
Not with the certificate Tokens and Business Banking it doesn't.
Each user has his own USB token which has to be inserted when doing banking.
The token stores some of the certificates which authorise the user on the permitted computers.
It's a massive shlepp with business banking.

I use Netbank in Firefox for my personal banking, but this is for the Business Profile.

Lino

I am back
Holy crap, thank you for the warning! We also use Nedbank here for Internet Banking (goes and blocks install)

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Why, oh why, are companies still using IE? Do you guys have business critical software that requires it?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Ah that sucks ass then. Hopefully developers start shifting towards browser-independent applications.

Lino

I am back
Ah that sucks ass then. Hopefully developers start shifting towards browser-independent applications.
The best I have been able to do is get us moved on from IE6 to IE8, and that was bad enough getting everything working again. However the other browsers just don't work :-(

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Why, oh why, are companies still using IE? Do you guys have business critical software that requires it?
We have about ten bank accounts for various businesses all through Nedbank. Because of the huge overdrafts we operate (in order to make international purchases of stock) we have ceded some of our debtors to Nedbank. They have treated us well in all other ways as a business. So it is not an easy thing to extricate ourselves.

The Netbank Business Banking and Corporate Banking products require the use of pre-approved users with USB tokens and pre-authorised computers.
I should have the updates set to vet them before updating but this one slipped through.
Anyways it was not a major hassle to go back to IE8... just stupid of Netbank to have had all this time to test and not be ready for IE9.

Thurnie

Netbank`s internet service sucks anyways. Compared to FNB, ABSA and Standard Bank - Nedbank must come up with serious improvements.

Their look and feel (on the internet banking side) is also substandard - something that gave birth in the 90`s.

They have upgraded their website, but left the internet banking side as is.. not good enough!

it also lacks some basic functions...
and they should look at browser compatibility, they way behind the times as it is..

czc

Honorary Master
LOL I could get onto my SB Internet banking with the IE9 BETA

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Because every site works with it.

Was just trying to buy rugby tickets at computicket and Chrome fails at the checkout.
IE9 worked perfectly.